Dynadot

discuss What you think of .XYZ domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vntornado

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps it would help if you started with what your views are on the matter.
For myself, I'm not inclined to buy domains that have potentially very high renewal costs.

It is nice, though, that recently I was able to get the domain name of one of my favorite saints in xyz, at one of those very low sale prices. My interest is more in developing it in a very small, non-profit site, even for a year or so.
Some really nice names, unavailable in the top TLDs, sometimes can be found there. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps it would help if you started with what your views are on the matter.
For myself, I'm not inclined to buy domains that have potentially very high renewal costs.

It is nice, though, that recently I was able to get the domain name of one of my favorite saints in xyz, at one of those very low sale prices. My interest is more in developing it in a very small, non-profit site, even for a year or so.
Some really nice names, unavailable in the top TLDs, sometimes can be found there. :xf.smile:

I mean I see a lot of cool valuable words sell on .XYZ for many thousands , but I personally think it's junk (and I might be wrong) so I want to know what others think of .XYZ
As for renewing, the main advice I'm seeing is if it doesn't sell in a year let it go for any TLD's. So you could get 20 x 2$ XYZ domains for a year and if one sells for 50-200 you're good , you can let the others drop.

Last edited:
•••
I mean I see a lot of cool valuable words sell on .XYZ for many thousands , but I personally think it's junk (and I might be wrong) so I want to know what others think of .XYZ
As for renewing, the main advice I'm seeing is if it doesn't sell in a year let it go for any TLD's. So you could get 20 x 2$ XYZ domains for a year and if one sells for 50-200 you're good , you can let the others drop.
As far as I'm concerned, at this point with the economy 20 x $2 buys the groceries, not domains. Even the $1 sales no longer are of interest to me. I've adopted the rule of "No Domain Sales, No Domain Buying."
That's not to say that's the answer for others. If you are finding success with your sales, great. Or, if you have plenty of money and want to speculate, that your choice. You could be successful. My feeling is that I'll bet on the groceries instead.

•••
As far as I'm concerned, at this point with the economy 20 x $2 buys the groceries, not domains. Even the $1 sales no longer are of interest to me. I've adopted the rule of "No Domain Sales, No Domain Buying."
That's not to say that's the answer for others. If you are finding success with your sales, great. Or, if you have plenty of money and want to speculate, that your choice. You could be successful. My feeling is that I'll bet on the groceries instead.
LoL well but this isn't the economy and cost management forum man , trust me I wouldn't bother with this niche forum if I wanted completely abstract inputs and discussions like this or existential philosophical issues , these are non of my concerns in a "domain general discussion" forum section.

All I asked is if you guys think .xyz extension is any valuable or worth to invest.

•••
Also 7 downvotes for what ? Wasn't your day good enough 7 people ?

Last edited:
•••
Just to clarify , .XYZ registration costs 2$ and renewal is 20$ , that isn't any pricing exaggeration.

•••
•••
Your wrong
And she is a lady not a man
Your to late to the party.imo

I might be late but you're wrong too for writing "your" instead of "you're" so what now ?

•••
I didn't downvote you, but I guess it's due to the fact that there are quite a few threads on the subject, with a one central one: https://www.namepros.com/threads/xy...ion-news-debates.889882/page-118#post-8731944
Folks here don't really like when the same question is being asked over and over.

Renewal cost of /xyz is $9,99 with Epik, similar to dot com.

I agree with a previous comment that it's late to start buying xyz now, if you haven't started it 1-2 years ago.

Last edited:
•••

I agree with a previous comment that it's late to start buying xyz now, if you haven't started it 1-2 years ago.
Aren't some of the renewals for .xyz in the hundreds to thousands of dollar range? Perhaps I misunderstood on the registrars some of their renewal prices, but it seemed that .xzy had some of the highest renewal prices I had ever seen.

•••
I didn't downvote you, but I guess it's due to the fact that there are quite a few threads on the subject, with a one central one
Folks here don't really like when the same question is being asked over and over.

I didn't ask if it's late for buying xyz , I just asked if you think this extension is worthy as it is for any 1 or 2 cool popular keywords

•••
Aren't some of the renewals for .xyz in the hundreds to thousands of dollar range? Perhaps I misunderstood on the registrars some of their renewal prices, but it seemed that .xzy had some of the highest renewal prices I had ever seen.
No at least in namecheap specifically is 2$ now and 20$ something per year.

•••
No at least in namecheap specifically is 2$ now and 20$ something per year.
These were when some .xyz were listed as premium domains for sale. and their renewal costs appeared very high. The whole process of declaring them as premium and having the higher renewal costs seemed curious.

•••
"The default price for . xyz domains is $10 per year to create, renew, and transfer, including ICANN fees."

Am I talking with professional domainers here or with trollers ?

•••
"The default price for . xyz domains is $10 per year to create, renew, and transfer, including ICANN fees."

Am I talking with professional domainers here or with trollers ?
I apologize for answering to this thread and apparently not being helpful. I won't bother you anymore. Sorry.

•••
Their ''premium'' words - yes, I think hundreds in renewals, but I am talking about a ''normal'' ones, 95% of regular stuff.

•••
I didn't ask if it's late for buying xyz , I just asked if you think this extension is worthy as it is for any 1 or 2 cool popular keywords

Read my lips: IT'S WORTH IT IF BOUGHT AT A RIGHT TIME (which was 1-2 years ago). BUYING ANY 1-2-3-5 WORDS IN XYZ RIGHT NOW IS USELESS, IMO.

•••
Read my lips: IT'S WORTH IT IF BOUGHT AT A RIGHT TIME (which was 1-2 years ago). BUYING ANY 1-2-3-5 WORDS IN XYZ RIGHT NOW IS USELESS, IMO.
Read mine too and my actual question, this question comes from many K sales on 2 keyword domains reported , at the extension of .xyz
Do you personally value xyz as an extension for any keywords or not at all , that's the question.

My question is so simple you made it a long thread of no answers and non sense , wasting my yours and probably mods time watching over this.

A question on a general discussion topic of forum is to be helped by better people in the industry supposedly , in this particular thread you've been answering whatever random shit guys and girls wanted to and down voting me for no reason, I hope you're proud of who you are today.
I didn't ask you for if I should buy groceries, I didn't ask for name length that a XYZ must have.

Last edited:
•••
Read mine too and my actual question, this question comes from many K sales on 2 keyword domains reported , at the extension of .xyz
Do you personally value xyz as an extension for any keywords or not at all , that's the question.

My question is so simple you made it a long thread of no answers and non sense , wasting my yours and probably mods time watching over this.

A question on a general discussion topic of forum is to be helped by better people in the industry supposedly , in this particular thread you've been answering whatever random shit guys and girls wanted to and down voting me for no reason, I hope you're proud of who you are today.
I didn't ask you for if I should buy groceries, I didn't ask for name length that a XYZ must have.

Dude, it's just the way you formulated the initial question is pretty stupid and when people trying to explain it to you, you get aggresive.

''What do you think of .xyz domains'' - well, it's just an extension, just like any other. Some people make money with it, others don't. The majority of experienced domaines do chip in, buying major keywords and combinations. But it doesn't mean that I personally value it the same way I value dot com. I would buy a combo with the word ''crypto'' for xyz, but I wouldn't buy a combo with the word ''food'' in it (which is a very popular keyword in com too).. So, I do think that xyz has potential, but not nearly dot com, only in certain niches.

•••
Dude, it's just the way you formulated the initial question is pretty stupid and when people trying to explain it to you, you get aggresive.

''What do you think of .xyz domains'' - well, it's just an extension, just like any other. Some people make money with it, others don't. The majority of experienced domaines do chip in, buying major keywords and combinations. But it doesn't mean that I personally value it the same way I value dot com. I would buy a combo with the word ''crypto'' for xyz, but I wouldn't buy a combo with the word ''food'' in it (which is a very popular keyword in com too).. So, I do think that xyz has potential, but not nearly dot com, only in certain niches.
Again read my question and if you have a reply for this as a professional, perhaps by experience, comment and I'll be more than thankful to learn , I don't need the extras if I can buy groceries for 20$ , if me or anyone can afford xyz renewals that are 10$ etc..I don't care about all that.

•••

Of course I'll be aggressive when 10 are down voting me for no apparent reason, simple question, and another 2 are trolling me with non sense answers on my own post what did you think?

•••
Again read my question and if you have a reply for this as a professional, perhaps by experience, comment and I'll be more than thankful to learn , I don't need the extras if I can buy groceries for 20$ , if me or anyone can afford xyz renewals that are 10$ etc..I don't care about all that.

Ok, I am out of here. I value my time too much to spend it with idiots.

•••
bashing .xyz will only strengthen its entitlement...

•••
It's not junk if you can make money. Use that strategy and if it works for you, do it again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back