IT.COM

advice What would you do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
Looks like buyer is from big company as far as I know from my research, his profile says master in negotiation skills in LinkedIn, is this part of his strategy?

Should I ask his max budget or leave him in silence

Screenshot_20200420-215158__01.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
big companies is no guarantee of striking gold.
some rich people are known to be cheapest.
its how they got rich.

first of, how much you paid your name?

try 10k.

remember there are tons of nonpaying buyers around. this is especially true on dan.
so try not to spend your 10k on some car on credit card, before you get paid ;)

•••
Leave. This could be his tactic.

Unless you are desperate.

•••
What is your best offer for this domain?

I would probably add to save us both of us some time, but that is just me...

Then leave it, no response so be it...

Otherwise your just just going down in price without gauging their budget....

•••
Iam not desperate, always replying and asking their budget never worked for me after buyer decline the offer and put buyer at top....

Thanks guys

Love to hear from @AbdulBasit.com

Last edited:
•••
go quiet.

it’s Psychology.

the lack of offers should kill him he’ll realize shouldve worked with you

Come back after a month or so (still risky)

•••
Someone offered $1k on same Dan which I rejected and quoted my figure.He declined.After I got his details from Dan and contacted,he offered $5k on the spot which i also rejected with no regret.I see he is building something related to my niche of which my domain was an exact fit but, so also are other big companies using other extension(My Advantage)

I know he can pay 5 figures from my research but some people like to wait and so am I🙂.Best of luck but dont sell cheap.Turned down 7k and made double that recently.Just make sure you have a good name a buyer needs badly.

•••
How long can you wait, @Domain Monk?

Think there direct correlation, longer the better

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Someone offered $1k on same Dan which I rejected and quoted my figure.He declined.After I got his details from Dan and contacted,he offered $5k on the spot which i also rejected with no regret.I see he is building something related to my niche of which my domain was an exact fit but, so also are other big companies using other extension(My Advantage)

I know he can pay 5 figures from my research but some people like to wait and so am I🙂.Best of luck but dont sell cheap.Turned down 7k and made double that recently.Just make sure you have a good name a buyer needs badly.

How long you wait between offers 7k-> 14k?

Was it instantaneous? or awkward silence time

I would take 7k on many of my names! (y)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••

When you contacted him back , what was your email like?

•••
How long you wait between offers 7k-> 14k?

Was it instantaneous? or awkward silence time

I would take 7k on many of my names! (y)

Samer
Couple of days .Godaddy broker told me of the first offer of 7k and I told her No .5 figures and i want 15k net .Which I got.

•••
Couple of days .Godaddy broker told me of the first offer of 7k and I told her No .5 figures and i want 15k net .Which I got.

definition of “striking while the iron is hot”

but better since was on your terms.

Give me the name of that broker! lol jk :-P

Last edited:
•••
When you contacted him back , what was your email like?
I told him i see he was negotiating to purchase my domain and then went cold.I asked him what his best significant offer is and he said 5k.🙂.Purchased domain for less than low $$ but wont sell for less than 5 figures.

Last edited:
•••
Is there any brokers in Dan? To forward the leads?

•••
what do you need brokers for?
learn how to negotiate

sometimes this applies
-->quote
Baron Rothschild –
“I never buy at the bottom and I always sell too soon.”

•••
what do you need brokers for?
learn how to negotiate

sometimes this applies
-->quote
Baron Rothschild –
“I never buy at the bottom and I always sell too soon.”
True

•••
I am sure Dan provide the details if buyers stop responding.Use that to contact and try to close.Dont act desperate and if domain can be used by other enduser the better.Offer installment if you have to but dont act desperate.

Best of luck.👍

•••
It is a decent name so wouldn't mind holding it for next few years

I hope that in the next years you will not regret this, as I have seen countless stories on this forum which said: I wish I had taken the offer then...

If it is the first offer you get for this domain in a long time, I would suggest to sell it.

•••
two tactics now:

1. go quiet.

2. act so desperate that your hanging on their legs saying $500 pleasssse

Good luck.

•••

maybe she was good and had nice gentle voice.
its well known that domainers lose tons of salesa and never hear back from buyers after they ask for too much and counter with too much.
this happens 43554654 times more often than those seller who get what they want for their names.. so sadly, statistics are not on our side :)

•••
maybe she was good and had nice gentle voice.
its well known that domainers lose tons of salesa and never hear back from buyers after they ask for too much and counter with too much.
this happens 43554654 times more often than those seller who get what they want for their names.. so sadly, statistics are not on our side :)

She had the leads so she should know better and I told her that.All I wanted was my net for the name as.She was excited giving me the news .I was more excited🤣🤣.And it was a .org 🤣🤣🤣.👍

Go for it @Domain Monk .

Last edited:
•••
Iam not desperate, always replying and asking their budget never worked for me after buyer decline the offer and put buyer at top....

Thanks guys

Love to hear from @AbdulBasit.com

IMO, asking an enduser their budget is a big mistake. The reason - never set asking or the final price according to the enduser but always set according to the actual value of that particular domain. Seller is always in the top position because you own the domain and you've the power to ask anything you want.

Asking buyer's budget means you've made up your mind to sell the domain either in buyer's budget or around that range itself. So even asking this question puts you in weak position.

If you've no problem in waiting, simply don't bother responding after the buyer has declined your offer.

Also remember one thing. Never lower your asking price if you don't get any counter offer. Simply lowering the price will give a hint to the buyer that giving no response to you will make the price coming down always so let's not respond for longer period of time.

If buyer counter offer, you can lower your asking but without receiving counter offer, never lower the asking price.

Thanks!

•••
IMO, asking an enduser their budget is a big mistake. The reason - never set asking or the final price according to the enduser but always set according to the actual value of that particular domain. Seller is always in the top position because you own the domain and you've the power to ask anything you want.

Asking buyer's budget means you've made up your mind to sell the domain either in buyer's budget or around that range itself. So even asking this question puts you in weak position.

If you've no problem in waiting, simply don't bother responding after the buyer has declined your offer.

Also remember one thing. Never lower your asking price if you don't get any counter offer. Simply lowering the price will give a hint to the buyer that giving no response to you will make the price coming down always so let's not respond for longer period of time.

If buyer counter offer, you can lower your asking but without receiving counter offer, never lower the asking price.

Thanks!
Thanks for sharing - I find that really interesting about budget.......with sales I have always established a potential clients budget range and I have not done to badly.....

IMO asking for a maximum budget does not show weakness it helps establish if you are wasting your time - if they come back and there is only a couple of thousand between their best offer and your price then there is potentially some wiggle room - if they are playing games or genuinely can't afford it, then tell them their budget is to low and walk away - you have established they can't afford it or they won't admit they can - job done, move on and forget about it.

Domain selling might need me to have a little re think on this as you have a very good track history :xf.smile:

•••
Thanks for sharing - I find that really interesting about budget.......with sales I have always established a potential clients budget range and I have not done to badly.....

IMO asking for a maximum budget does not show weakness it helps establish if you are wasting your time - if they come back and there is only a couple of thousand between their best offer and your price then there is potentially some wiggle room - if they are playing games or genuinely can't afford it, then tell them their budget is to low and walk away - you have established they can't afford it or they won't admit they can - job done, move on and forget about it.

Domain selling might need me to have a little re think on this as you have a very good track history :xf.smile:

I think this debatable topic but in my experience I think giving out price quote and sticking firm or close to that by counter offering is better than asking for their maximum budget. The other party should understand if the quoted price is within their range or not. Also many endusers never give out their max if asked what's their max budget. No one is willing to show their all cards.

As always I'm eager to learn and if I find anything important, I would definitely try out myself.

Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back