Dynadot

What would be the best starting bid price for a 5-letter domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been wondering to sell my 5-letter domain name, but i dont know what would be the best price to start the bid. Please give your opinions. Thanks :):hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anywhere from $1 to $5,000,000, depending on what those five letters are, what extension the domain is, etc.

Couldn't tell you more without knowing more.

•••
•••
PM me the name and I will give you an idea

•••
I have been wondering to sell my 5-letter domain name, but i dont know what would be the best price to start the bid. Please give your opinions. Thanks :):hehe:

If it's a good domain, don't bother putting it on Bido. Instead, list it on the major marketplaces (sedo, afternic, etc), possibly contact brokers, and just wait for offers.

Can't tell you for sure without knowing the name though. Feel free to PM it to me and I'll give you my opinion on what to do with it.

•••
Anywhere from $1 to $5,000,000, depending on what those five letters are, what extension the domain is, etc.

Couldn't tell you more without knowing more.

Wow, that cost a lot of money, well i havent registered this domain yet, i was just doing research and found an available 5-letter domain, the domain isn't really a word, its like a mized up word, example: dngik.com

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Only $1?!!

•••
Wow, that cost a lot of money, well i havent registered this domain yet, i was just doing research and found an available 5-letter domain, the domain isn't really a word, its like a mized up word, example: dngik.com

Well, you can even find 3 & 4 letters domain name too, but no use if its random.

•••
If it's a good domain, don't bother putting it on Bido. Instead, list it on the major marketplaces (sedo, afternic, etc), possibly contact brokers, and just wait for offers.

Can't tell you for sure without knowing the name though. Feel free to PM it to me and I'll give you my opinion on what to do with it.

i PM-ed you already :)

•••

I've seen people start auctions where they PAY you if you win the auction, eg. -$50 start. But these often turn into a value greater than $0 as the winning bid ;)

•••
Its real value is actually 0.00, so I wouldn't waste my money regging it - that's a serious answer, BTW.

•••
5 letter domain name, can be expensive.You can also look around in the expired domain name.

•••
5 letter domain name, can be expensive.You can also look around in the expired domain name.

This is his example dngik.com = $00.00.

Any valuable 5L.com would have been taken.

•••
This is his example dngik.com = $00.00.

Any valuable 5L.com would have been taken.

Well its just an example of a mixed domain name. So something like that has no price?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Well, you can even find 3 & 4 letters domain name too, but no use if its random.

so a random 5-letter domain has no price?

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Its real value is actually 0.00, so I wouldn't waste my money regging it - that's a serious answer, BTW.

Ok, thanks for your info.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Here is an example of the domain i'm trying to sell: dndas.com
the first 3 letters are the same, the difference is just the 2 letters at the back :)

•••
There are lot more you need to know about domain names but generally smaller is better, but again if its meaningful. ( there are no particular rules though)

You can buy 4 letters domain name in $10 here. Talking about 3 letters domain, .com is not available for any combination( as per my knowledge), and I sold one .net domain of 3 letters in just $5.

•••
There are lot more you need to know about domain names but generally smaller is better, but again if its meaningful. ( there are no particular rules though)

You can buy 4 letters domain name in $10 here. Talking about 3 letters domain, .com is not available for any combination( as per my knowledge), and I sold one .net domain of 3 letters in just $5.

How do you earn profit by just selling a 3-letter .net for $5?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
The guy who bought it off him is having a laugh!

hahahhaa, yeah, i'm realy confused, registering a domain name is more than $5, so how do this guy earn profit from the domain he sold?

•••

OP,

Read, Read, Read about this industry before registering a bunch of random domains.

Start with the Namespros Newbie thread:

and read the domaining blogs, accessible through various Aggregators:

NameBee
Domaining
Domainsville​

Educate yourself before going on a mass registering binge.

Save yourself a bunch of money.

Good luck!

;)

•••

Buy from, but dont sell to domainers IMO. Especially 4-letter .coms. Why would you sell a domain that cant be found to hand-reg for the price of a regfee? Makes no sense. I dont intend to brag, but I recently sold a name which is probably on par with $10 names thrown away here (bunch of random letters) for $700. But even that's nothing. Guys like Adam Dicker are turning $1000-3000 on random LLLL's all the time. Same with the .net you sold for $5. You lost/left a lot of money on the table, unfortunately. I suggest you practice what you preach and research a bit more too.

Last edited:
•••
I have been wondering to sell my 5-letter domain name, but I don't know what would be the best price to start the bid. Please give your opinions. Thanks :): hehe:

I am probably about as new at this as you are. I have been purchasing domain names for 20 years, but I always intending on using them. I only began keeping them and actually "buying" them to hopefully make a profit someday in the last five years. I've given it the time it needs. SO, while most responses-though good and smart, wouldn't work for me because I don't have time right now to learn everything, everyone says I should---even kindly saying loudly--in all caps--to stop buying til I knew more. I should know more and I will. I have picked good in the past. Sold one for $600 once. I think you should buy any domain names you like, and obviously, the more you know the better/ You do know shorter names are generally better. I am purchasing a 5 letter/numbers .com as we speak. I may have just lost the chance typing this because it seems to be unavailable now. That's okay. They don't cost that much, and I am pretty low income right now. It's not easy getting the .99 or 2.99 specials anymore because those are just for new people. So I say, low cost, no risk...buy away. I don't know the best place to get a good valuation. I haver about 50 names. I let many go this last six months. A couple sold once others bought them. I have auctions going, nothing sold. Have no idea which is best. others nicely. Great. Good luck. Oh. Got the name. It's 01she.com. Not sure if good or not, I don't think bad.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back