IT.COM

discuss What Would It Take To Broker One Letter X.COM?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Expron

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
For all the brokers domain and broker enthusiasts I ask - what would it take to broker a one letter domain like X.com and where would you start?

After a couple successful domain sales / brokering deals - I want to keep pushing the bar. My ultimate goal would be to see who might be interested in the domain X.com and who might be a good buyer / match. Also at what price.

To give a little background on my homework, I have concluded that:

1.) The domain appears to be hosted by GoDaddy. It has privacy turned on. The domain expires in six years 2026 and is hard to tell who actually owns it right now.

2.) The domain was once purchased by Elon Musk for $1 Million Dollars.

3.) The domain operated as the first online bank. Even before PayPal. X.com was originally partners / funded by the popular Wells Fargo bank.

4.) To the best of my knowledge, once the sale of PayPal occurred, PayPal held ownership of the domain name. I could be wrong as it would be a perfect fit for SpaceX if Elon Musk retained ownership.

Potential end users would be unlimited. Some that come to mind are:

American Express
Armani Exchange
Companies that could use X like to transfer money like Western Union
Or countless other uses

My plan was to contact PayPal directly trying to find numbers to head quarters. The issue would be lining up a buyer and getting to the top of management to discuss purchasing and posibilities.

It hurts to see such a great domain sit there with the letter X as content, surely something can be done to make use of a very rare 1 letter domain!

*Disclaimer - the opinions I have stated are my own and do not portray others. The facts I have attempted to state may be wrong. I have done my due diligence and homework to state the facts as correctly as I can. No, I am not currently brokering X.com, but that would be my dream come true.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
X will never be for sale in our lifetime. The other 2 single letter .com will never be available either. Maybe concentrate on LL or LLL...

•••
Mods please close. I was trying to keep up and post again after many years, but I think i'm too rusty. Thanks everyone. I am trying to catch up after being out of the domaining picture for years.

•••
Mods please close. I was trying to keep up and post again after many years, but I think i'm too rusty. Thanks everyone. I am trying to catch up after being out of the domaining picture for years.
You can close. Look up at the top of your thread by options. Click open...

•••
You can close. Look up at the top of your thread by options. Click open...

Sounds like, same way to close auction thread.

Last edited:
•••
Is there another option button? No clue what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• close_thread.png
    close_thread.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 274
•••
Is there another option button? No clue what I'm doing wrong.
There should be a box that says “open”. If you click it and confirm it will close.

•••
I am trying to catch up after being out of the domaining picture for years.

I too took a long break...nps definitely helped me knock some of the rust off...welcome back to the jungle! :xf.smile:

•••
Elon Musk admits to personal emotional attachment to buying this “X.com”

Personally, i think he plans use for SpaceX

I'd rather think he will name his first settlement on Mars X.COM. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back