IT.COM

discuss What to do right after acquiring a domain name.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Windoms

Top Member
Impact
Video tweet from @Rick Schwartz . Lasts 2 minutes.
https://twitter.com/domainking/status/1129346125448798208
Found that tweet randomly today after searching ''Uniregistry lander google analytics'' on Google.

He says that setting up a domain for sale lander after acquiring a domain name is a bad idea, you have to set up a PPC lander and leave it there for a few weeks to learn about the domain, see how many visitors you get, and see if they are worth 1 cent a piece, or 20 dollars a piece.

I never listen/follow the guy but I found that idea very interesting.

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
plus the trust factor is affected. It must be built from virtually out of nothing.
Trust factor doesn't matter in negotiations, because they end via escrow service.
It has sense only for BIN sales.

•••
Interesting that many respondents have never sold a $5000+ domain via a lander.

I didn't view the twit, but....

when you consider that "landers" per se` is a relatively new trend with domainers, compared to ppc parking, which was, and still is the first option for many domainers.....then, it's predictable.

since all my domains are parked at one ppc or another, virtually all sales/inquiries come thru them or via whois/ email or pm's.

imo...

•••
One more significant plus of the direct negotiations - you don't waste your time on fake bidders...

•••
There is also category of domainers with elementary landers where just their email address is displayed...

In other words, enduser thinks only about how to contact you...
All your cosmetics is just for your pleasure.

•••
You've lost me Jurgen..
Trust factor doesn't matter in negotiations, because they end via escrow service.
It has sense only for BIN sales.
It was just in reference to your example of your friend who sold with no lander, no way to contact, no nothing.

All else, specific to one's needs/desires/talent.

•••
I also had the buyers who later contacted me again to buy another domains for their needs...
But via various marketplaces you lose your buyers forever... because transactions are anonymous.

•••
2008-2014 - I used Sedo only.
Since 2015 - Bodis/ParkingCrew in 95%+ of cases.
So I can easily compare my results... what is better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back