Dynadot

news Rick Schwartz Announces Will Soon Open A Domain Brokerage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
On Twitter this hour @Rick Schwartz has shared that he will soon be announcing a new domain brokerage firm that he is starting.

In a later tweet he added that he had just hand registered GameChangingDomains.com that he is considering using as the domain name.

Will definitely be interesting to learn details.

Bob
DomainKingBrokerage.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it is a wrong step to use the 3-word domain...

•••
Sorry, but the domain name is mediocre!

•••
k it is a wrong step to use the 3-word domain...
I agree. Note that he said he had registered it and was considering using it. He may well come to the same conclusion that it would send a wrong message to use a long recent hand-registration for the sort of pricing he will undoubtedly be expecting at his brokerage.
Bob

•••
I asked him about if he was going to handle my domain sales for 10% commission and he said no at the time.

I think he will be an outstanding broker. He has good vision.

He can use his DomainKing.com, just add third party names.

•••
But I think he should stop cursing and accumulating apartments during housing shortage.

•••
If he is the Domain King, he may also be a game changer, would you expect his fee's to be in the 20% range.

•••
gamechanger.domains is open and available for hand reg

•••
Looking forward to his marketplace...glad he is taking this step.

•••
wow
Looking forward to an early opening

•••
He should acquire Efty.com and broker sales.

•••
Might as well just use DomainKing.

It's his establish 'brand' after all.

Last edited:
•••
fancy hand regging a

3 word .com

that is also a

gtld

which obviosly cant be bought because its agtld and not a dot com

so soneone will no doubt buy the gtld just for a laugh

•••
@platey .com is a gtld.

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
•••
Rick just tweeted a bit more this morning. While he can't yet provide details, it is to be far more than just a brokerage.

Keeping us in suspense! :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Looks like he is now considering many names.

He is in his second poll of possible choices on his Twitter feed.
Link >>
The choice I liked best from the first one was wad.com. Impressive just three letters, and could mean what a domain or wad as in a wad of money, among other possibilities.

BuyThat.com got almost as many votes, which I can see as great as well.

Bob

•••
I believe that the polls are just for fun and none of the domains will be used for his business. Why?

1. Business owners do not let the public to choose domains for their businesses.
2. Generally, business owners first consider their company names, then buy the domains that can represent the company names.
3. The polls show his buying intention that may affect his negotiation in the purchase process.
4. The domains he is considering are confusing that are not directly associated with domain brokerage.

•••
Looks like he is now considering many names.

He is in his second poll of possible choices on his Twitter feed.
Link >>
The choice I liked best from the first one was wad.com. Impressive just three letters, and could mean what a domain or wad as in a wad of money, among other possibilities.

BuyThat.com got almost as many votes, which I can see as great as well.

Bob
I think GameChangingDomains is better than all these.
eRealestate
DomainDevelopers
BrokerKings
DomainSeller
Those are generic, you have to convey some type of message, and something like GameChangingDomains is great at that (check out GCD.com).
That or DomainNames.com.

•••
Last edited:
•••
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hello Rick, You are the most trusted person in industry I think is a perfect choice for your brokerage brand is <a href="https://no_url_shorteners/m39zIpePLc">https://no_url_shorteners/m39zIpePLc</a></p>&mdash; 23hrs.com (@_auctions) <a href=" ">June 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

•••
I don’t want to be ‘that guy’, but just because Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are great footballers (like Rick in domains, some call GOAT), it doesn’t mean they will be great managers.

What are Rick’s skills outbounding? He admitted last month he’s never done any outbounding EVER for any of his domains and outbounding is a big part of being domain broker.

Also to be a domain broker you need a whole different range of skills, you have to adapt to your client and their needs/their wishes and how much they are willing to take (does Rick have the ability to do that?), you have to sweet talk potential buyers (does Rick have that skillset?). Should Rick even find a potential buyer, does he have it in him to compromise with a company on a domain that he believes should be worth more?

I have a feeling should this project go ahead, Rick may get bored of it, decide it’s not for him, but only trouble is you sign contracts with brokers (usually 6 months) so what happens then? I hope his project is a success, but as a domain holder looking in I would give caution.

Last edited:
•••
gamechanger.domains is open and available for hand reg
He is all about the .com, I would expect his final pick to be one.

•••
I think DomainKing dotcom is well suited as well. Best wishes to Rick and his new venture.

Last edited:
•••
I don't really follow domaining celebrities, but good for him. I have a preconceived notion of people that call themselves "the king" (even if you are a good domainer, the king, the daddy) ...just ugh

Last edited:
•••
The good news is that he has a lot of sales channels.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back