What should NamePros add?

NameSilo
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi.

What if the auctions could have a revamp and be more like ebay/flippa? Auction starts at $1 but the seller could put a reserve on it? Bidders wouldn't know who they're bidding against, bidders submit their bid. Auctions could have a specified start and finish time Instead of 72-120 hours after last bid.

Also I would recommend a separate BrandBucket accepted/published auction thread.

•••
Love to see "signatures" when on mobile.

•••
Love to see "signatures" when on mobile.
You can if you tilt it sideways. But being able to see it portrait would definitely be a good thing.

•••
Thanks for the tip @domainivate ...yes in "landscape", lots of extra scrolling.

•••
•••
•••
In house bulk availability checker.

•••
Add a form to properly create auction & domain request threads, so that each initial post is uniform and properly categorized.

•••
Lock new members out of having their own auctions until they pass a multiple choice test about the auction rules.

Example:

How often can you bump or make remarks or thank bidders for making a bid in your auction?

A: every minute
B: once every 10 minutes
C: once every hour
D: once every 24 hours

Hint: D is the correct answer

Last edited:
•••
NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

What are they?

Transactions
I private contract offer/acceptance location for deals outside of a thread. Then if there is any question of integrity there is a clear and complete record of it that can be acted on properly (Trader Rating/Banning/Warning). This would be more constructive than the growing number of threads that complain about deals gone awry. If it was not used then do not allow any posting about the transaction gone awry in Namepros.

The template mentioned above would also very much help reign the growing problem of non-payers and the resulting threads.

Likes and Thanks
Distinguish the different likes/thanks. It's silly because they are currently meaningless. Only count thanks/likes in non "social" threads imho.
The old "spreading the love around" restriction was something that kind of worked. But we should know when someone likes something versus someone liked something useful. Ideally? You'd just get rid of them. If anything a star ranking would be nice because it's embarrassing (isn't it?) to rank a post 5 stars when it's easy to just like it.

Immediate Suggestions

Enforce trader ratings as the formal approval/disapproval of users.
Allow name and shame threads with caveats (i.e. there are names and terms... none of this "I'll give you anonymous maybe person 24 hrs to come clean").

GET A REAL LAWYER to contribute. :)

•••
You can if you tilt it sideways. But being able to see it portrait would definitely be a good thing.

I agree. Even something like a spoiler would be useful.

•••
In house bulk availability checker.

Why - when there are dedicated services for that? I'm sure you could find a sponsor to provide a widget if it was that desired?

Namepros should become a registrar if they go that path then they can do escrow, auctions,drop catching and everything else too :)

•••
I know this is a futile request, but I have nothing better to do with the next 30 seconds of my life.

Require the use of your legal name.

It'll cut down on the idiocy.

•••
How about an option to favorite threads (like thanks/like) and be able to access the links to all those threads in one page?

•••
How about an option to favorite threads (like thanks/like) and be able to access the links to all those threads in one page?

You can do that kind of thing with watched threads. Would that help?

https://www.namepros.com/watched/threads

Option to watch/unwatch is there. I know it's not exactly the same but seems similar enough.

You can also create your own bookmarks with your browser ;)

•••

Option to watch/unwatch is there. I know it's not exactly the same but seems similar enough.

I think watching a thread serves a different purpose; that's for getting notifications on the latest posts on a thread. Being able to access a particular thread OR post by favoriting it would mean you can save threads/posts that you like, say from 3 years ago. Bookmarking 1000s of threads... That seems a little inconvenient, I think.

•••
I know this is a futile request, but I have nothing better to do with the next 30 seconds of my life.

Require the use of your legal name.

It'll cut down on the idiocy.
Problem is, how to make sure the name is the correct name?
One gets into sending proof, like valid drivers license, etal.
And lots of people would say, adios guys!

•••
Problem is, how to make sure the name is the correct name?
One gets into sending proof, like valid drivers license, etal.
And lots of people would say, adios guys!

Quora does require proof sometimes, but it's often subjective. People with shorter names or foreign names get targeted. And they have to make the decision of whether or not they feel comfortable with sending information. In a way, not only is it invasive, but it's also marginalizing.

•••
•••
Marketplace thread upgrades...
- Paid Stickies
- Bold Titles
- Colored Title/Outline

Other Features:
- Images in signature

•••
And we'd be better off for it.

Just like Facebook? :)

Not sure how this would improve anything. Most people you can find out their real name anyway. For those that you can't? You ignore or whatever you want to do.

•••

Not sure how this would improve anything. Most people you can find out their real name anyway. For those that you can't? You ignore or whatever you want to do.
Not to mention Facebook is known for fake identities. xD

•••

I would also imagine the NamePros staff has enough on their plate without having to verify every members identity. I don't know what the total number of members is but I bet that would be a PITA.

•••

I was wishing for watch thread folders too to organize topic then when one click watch thread you can choose from folders from dropdown

•••
Back