Dynadot

news NamePros November 2021 – A new website and more!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Welcome to the new NamePros in November!

Today marks the first step toward a lot of positive and exciting changes coming to NamePros. You'll notice that most of what you loved is still here, and we're working hard to bring back even more.

And that's only the beginning! We'll be bringing you regular updates, sometimes weekly, to add the features you've requested (please vote on features you want to see first!) and improve your experience.

Our mission is to build a thriving professional network around the best community – that's you! – where professionals can engage in civil discussions, ask questions, share advice, partner, transact, and succeed, all together.

We hope you'll have a look around, and let us know what you think!

All our best,

The NamePros Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
RJ still running the show here *confused* if was an ownership restructuring/consolidation since 2006 here.. adam dicker heh those two head haunchos then.. any np (researched) affiliation w great domains or here-say this is, now..

Last edited:
•••
@Echo Mod Team can i open a second account and post in this thread?
Hello,

The following 2 rules would apply to your inquiry:
1.10 Do not intentionally misrepresent information (e.g., lie), mislead others (e.g., post in the same thread using multiple accounts), or manipulate (e.g., refresh a page solely to increase views).
1.16. Only one account is permitted per member unless it’s a Gold Account and all accounts are in good standing.
Addressing your request regarding your own account, specifically, it appears that your account is in good standing. An account in good standing may only have1 free or Blue account and unlimited Gold accounts as long as all accounts remain in good standing.

Violating a rule while having x2+ accounts could result in all accounts being closed except the primary account, which may also be restricted or closed depending on the unique situation and rule violation that would have been present for this example to play out.

As long as you are not violating any of namePros rules (Including 1.10 mentioned above), the answer is yes, you may create an account with a Gold subscription level and post in the same discussion threads as your primary account (As long as 1.10 and other rules are adhered to).

We hope that information helps.

Please keep this discussion on-topic and use the report feature on any posts that violate the rules so a moderator team can investigate and get more involved.

•••
Thank you for your explanation.

•••
Which one?

Thanks for reporting it. The tech team saw your report and is already working on it. It's affecting a very small number of posts, and it should be fixed soon.

Shortly after releasing the feature, we mentioned that moderators have access to it so that we can monitor and prevent abuse of it. The reason that we would give another member access to it is if they're selected to be part of our community moderation efforts.

We've been discussing community moderation for a while now. The goal is to empower the community to monitor and decide on what's best for it, when possible. It's something we're working toward, but there is still a lot of work and community feedback necessary before we get there.

As part of that plan, the top members of the community (i.e., the most trusted and most respected) will have similar permissions and access, including point assignments, as us (current moderators). That access will allow them to help us monitor and prevent abuse of points on posts.

This is an improvement because you could participate in the decision of who is accessing this information. Currently, the community is not yet involved in the decision of who moderates NamePros (and therefore, who accesses that information).

We hope that helps.
Why not put it to public vote?

Edited by a moderator: a poll has been started.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
missed all the peeps in the instant /chat

•••
CHAT.jpg

•••
Could you provide us with more details about your suggestion?

Are you suggesting that we eliminate all quick replies except Like and Dislike, and that we add Chat somewhere?

We'd like to understand your feedback.

•••
Why not put it to public vote?

Edited by a moderator: a poll has been started.
I think you should have created a new post rather than edit mine. Surely that goes against your reasoning for not deleting posts, as it affects the context of both the past and future. I vote that moderators should not be allowed to edit users posts with additional comments.

•••
I think you should have created a new post rather than edit mine.
It's more useful for it to be included directly with your post where you suggested it. Otherwise, readers will not know it exists unless they happen to read all of the posts after your post until they come across our reply to it. That could lead to other members creating the same poll.

as it affects the context of both the past and future
We disagree; the context is perfectly clear because it indicates which content was added by a moderator and when. It is dated and clearly notated. The context of the past and future are clear thanks to that notation.

I vote that moderators should not be allowed to edit users posts with additional comments.
Please feel free to start a suggestion thread about it with your thoughts and reasoning.

Thanks.

•••
I strongly feel that here are needless buttons like the up and down arrows. Thanks is needless too. Also, why to have agree/disagree when I already have like dislike? With the current status it is too much buttons without purpose.

All in all: I would keep only like/dislike button (you can only once press them) and try to find a way to add A REALTIME CHAT. Why? Many times I had to ask something quickly, or want to have a quick conversation/interaction. This can be delivered only via chat.

Keep things simple!

Last edited:
•••
The below was definitely mentioned before, but still... For God's sake, please finally add an opportunity to ignore threads. At this time, if I actively do not want to see a particular thread, the only way to achieve this would be adding to ignore list the member who started it. Did this a few times already. But I do not like it...

Also, an opportunity to ignore threads based on a keyword in subject, as well as an opportunity to ignore this or that subforum, would be greatly appreciated.

Why? I'm busy enough, and want to remain productive. As simply as this...

•••
I would keep only like/dislike button (you can only once press them)
You may use this website exactly as you've described. The other buttons are optional.

strongly feel that here are needless buttons
They serve a purpose, but they're optional: Learn more

Also, an opportunity to ignore threads based on a keyword in subject, as well as an opportunity to ignore this or that subforum, would be greatly appreciated.
Excellent ideas.

For God's sake, please finally add an opportunity to ignore threads. At this time, if I actively do not want to see a particular thread, the only way to achieve this would be adding to ignore list the member who started it. Did this a few times already. But I do not like it...
You may have missed that the initial version of this feature was already added in June:

We hope that helps.

•••
It's more useful for it to be included directly with your post where you suggested it. Otherwise, readers will not know it exists unless they happen to read all of the posts after your post until they come across our reply to it. That could lead to other members creating the same poll.

We disagree; the context is perfectly clear because it indicates which content was added by a moderator and when. It is dated and clearly notated. The context of the past and future are clear thanks to that notation.

Please feel free to start a suggestion thread about it with your thoughts and reasoning.

Thanks.
I feel you could use the time taken to reply to my post to create a chatroom and make @forge the manager.

•••
The below was definitely mentioned before, but still... For God's sake, please finally add an opportunity to ignore threads. At this time, if I actively do not want to see a particular thread, the only way to achieve this would be adding to ignore list the member who started it. Did this a few times already. But I do not like it...

Why? I'm busy enough, and want to remain productive. As simply as this...
100 per cent agree. If all Namepros members who didn't like a subject, probably cos they didn't understand it, (take developing domain names as an example) could ignore it, then the thread would benefit from a lack of their lack of constructive contribution.

•••
If all Namepros members who didn't like a subject, probably cos they didn't understand it, (take developing domain names as an example) could ignore it, then the thread would benefit from a lack of their lack of constructive contribution.
Yeah, this too. I originally meant just the following though -
Can you add the option to hide all the threads or posts with the word "wife"?
I don't want her to see what I am talking about her.
I'm sure Johnn's wife is an extraordinary woman, but what if my personal preference is not to see any threads about her at all at this time on this forum? Just an example. I'll then add the term "wife" to a blocked list (threads subject)... or just hide the thread in all places, searches etc. until the blocked list is developed... Would be extremely useful feature.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back