Dynadot

information What should be my price of my domain ? and how to sell it urgently?

NameSilo
Watch

shashank kashyap

Established Member
Impact
I have a domain cloudat7.com. It's a premium domain. GoDaddy value appraisal estimated value of around 1200$. I want to sell it very urgently so what should I do and what should my price be for this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry this is not a premium domain, try and avoid adding a random word and number to the word cloud

"Cloud at 7" doesn't mean anything when it comes to cloud computing

You need to spend a few months reading this forum to learn about domain value.

Also check out namebio.com and dnjournal.com to see what names are selling and the prices.

One more thing, ignore Godaddy appraisals and any automated appraisal tools like valuate, estibot etc

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
Sorry this is not a premium domain, try and avoid adding a random word and number to the word cloud

"Cloud at 7" doesn't mean anything when it comes to cloud computing

You need to spend a few months reading this forum to learn about domain value.

Also check out namebio.com and dnjournal.com to see what names are selling and the prices.

Good luck
according to you what should my price should be?

•••
I dont think it matters, there is not 1 "cloudat7" domain registered in any other extension. You would be better off letting it go so it doesnt cost you another $10

If you put a $10 BIN or a $100,000 BIN, it womt matter if nobody comes looking for the name

Dont hand register any names, email existing owners of decent names to find bargains. Alway ask yourself why is that name available with the thousands of domainers looking for names every day, the answer is usually obvious.

•••
I'm sorry to say it's Reality-check time, The domain has no value. Godaddy valuation tool has just done a blind association with the word 'Cloud' and 3 additional characters. Probably found some domain sales that had word/character relevance, then blindly states "And your domain to"

Even a $10 listing isn't going to find any takers

•••
I see no value in this name, you're likely to never sell this one in my opinion.

•••
If your purchase is very recent I would see if it can be refunded.

If not you might as well list it at something low $$$ and see if anyone responds. Let's first look at why GV said it was worth $1200 - it's partly just they say most 8 character .com are about that. But beyond that they saw cloud, a high value often sold word, and 7 a popular number and indeed cloud 7 is a populat term. Throw in a two letter word and the bot still sees value. But to the people who have responded in this thread the expression does not make sense so does not have value.

Let's look a bit harder to find any insights that might help meagre chance of a sale. If you use NameBio to see how many com sales have ended 'at7' there are only two, just at7 itself and rat7. What about names that start 'cloudat' ? Only that by itself. Another thing to check is other extensions, apparently none registered in your exact name.

Now GV comparators show occasionally names with unobvious link to number work like AppsWin8 and WebStats7 sold mid $$$. So a tiny glimmer of hope but I would say those both a bit more obvious.

If you really need to find a buyer I would Google similar words. Cloud 7 is definitely a big expression. Look up online acronym use for AT and see if you can find one that makes sense in middle of cloud and 7. Also consider other languages, for example 'clou' is a French word and 'dat' a common abbreviation for data. I see that there is an open source project using name minus 7.

I think the probability of sale is low, but each day on NameBio I see the odd sale I would have said unlikely. I hope for you you find a way to prove us wrong, and wish you success.

I hope my detailed reply has helped for future acquisitions to stress some of the things beyond GV you should consider. The most important is always who would value from this domain name.

Bob

•••
•••
Godaddy told you it has high value, so you would buy it. They lied to you, to take your money
It has no value. Good job on your lander, don't ever believe anything godaddy tells you

•••
•••
Typical case of English skills being from a different part of the world being carried over from another native language. I see it all over this and other forums.

In some languages the equivalent of saying "cloud9" would be "cloud at 9" and we all know that cloud9 is a great name and that it's a great feeling to be "on cloud 9".

So why wouldn't cloud7 be a great name too... or perhaps in the language variant cloudat7... which unfortunately doesn't work.

Last edited:
•••
If your purchase is very recent I would see if it can be refunded.

If not you might as well list it at something low $$$ and see if anyone responds. Let's first look at why GV said it was worth $1200 - it's partly just they say most 8 character .com are about that. But beyond that they saw cloud, a high value often sold word, and 7 a popular number and indeed cloud 7 is a populat term. Throw in a two letter word and the bot still sees value. But to the people who have responded in this thread the expression does not make sense so does not have value.

Let's look a bit harder to find any insights that might help meagre chance of a sale. If you use NameBio to see how many com sales have ended 'at7' there are only two, just at7 itself and rat7. What about names that start 'cloudat' ? Only that by itself. Another thing to check is other extensions, apparently none registered in your exact name.

Now GV comparators show occasionally names with unobvious link to number work like AppsWin8 and WebStats7 sold mid $$$. So a tiny glimmer of hope but I would say those both a bit more obvious.

If you really need to find a buyer I would Google similar words. Cloud 7 is definitely a big expression. Look up online acronym use for AT and see if you can find one that makes sense in middle of cloud and 7. Also consider other languages, for example 'clou' is a French word and 'dat' a common abbreviation for data. I see that there is an open source project using name minus 7.

I think the probability of sale is low, but each day on NameBio I see the odd sale I would have said unlikely. I hope for you you find a way to prove us wrong, and wish you success.

I hope my detailed reply has helped for future acquisitions to stress some of the things beyond GV you should consider. The most important is always who would value from this domain name.

Bob
This by far one of the best explanation how automated tool works and how to establish relationship between words to form a meaningful domain name.
Thanks Bob

•••
if cloudat7 . com is premium then sunat9 .com should be super premium.

•••
Cloudat7 means nothing. I just checked 5000 keywords and only 47 out of 5000 are taken with at7 as the suffix. The majority of the taken ones make sense such as the ones below. Cloudat7 doesn't make any sense. How do you cloudat7? Godaddy gave it a high valuation because the word cloud is easily a high ranking keyword. A few years ago it was top 5 out of 5000 words. Try to get your money back if you are still in the grace period.

Liveat7
Homeat7
Newsat7
Golfat7
Workat7
Meetat7
Todayat7
AAat7. (alcoholics anonymous)
Betat7

•••
This by far one of the best explanation how automated tool works and how to establish relationship between words to form a meaningful domain name.
Thanks Bob
my purchase is recent how it can be refunded?

•••
my purchase is recent how it can be refunded?

It depends on your registrar but some have grace delete periods normally 24 to 120 hr after registration. It is by no means offered by all though. Inquire through their support if you think you may be eligible.

Bob

•••
•••
But I just looked and this was created last November! Definitely no chance of a grace delete!

•••
But I just looked and this was created last November! Definitely no chance of a grace delete!
I guess 'recent' is open for interpretation as well. In geological terms it was recent... but anyway that is probably another thread in another forum in a far off galaxy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back