IT.COM

advice What payment methods do you accept?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Restricted (Market)
Impact
So I am trying to figure out what payment methods would be best. I could use Stripe but there is always a chargeback risk. They do offer chargeback protection for an extra .4% but then I'm looking at 3.3% + 30 cents.

Escrow.com is too cumbersome with their verification process. I mean come on its 2019, there are better ways to verify someones identity than requiring manual paperwork. Online banks and credit card companies have been doing it for over a decade now, and its much quicker and lower friction.

Epik's escrow service seems very promising. But I see two issues. It appears each deal has to be manually setup, would be nice to have an API to automate setting up deals and just getting a checkout URL to redirect my buyer to. Secondly it is not avalible in 3 sates in the US (including mine, WA) so its a no go for that reason alone. I would imagine they are probably working on getting the appropriate licenses in those states, can anyone confirm that though?

So what payment methods do you accept? I'm curious to see if there are any other options I have overlooked.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So I am trying to figure out what payment methods would be best. I could use Stripe but there is always a chargeback risk. They do offer chargeback protection for an extra .4% but then I'm looking at 3.3% + 30 cents.

Escrow.com is too cumbersome with their verification process. I mean come on its 2019, there are better ways to verify someones identity than requiring manual paperwork. Online banks and credit card companies have been doing it for over a decade now, and its much quicker and lower friction.

Epik's escrow service seems very promising. But I see two issues. It appears each deal has to be manually setup, would be nice to have an API to automate setting up deals and just getting a checkout URL to redirect my buyer to. Secondly it is not avalible in 3 sates in the US (including mine, WA) so its a no go for that reason alone. I would imagine they are probably working on getting the appropriate licenses in those states, can anyone confirm that though?

So what payment methods do you accept? I'm curious to see if there are any other options I have overlooked.

That API already exists:

https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/

You can stand up escrow programatically already now.

A full escrow dashboard is on the way.

You can use the marketplace for WA -- just can't do escrow in WA right now.

•••
...You can stand up escrow programatically already now.

Nice to see. I'll definitely try it out once its available in Washington.

•••
•••
Can you show us an example landing page with a Buy It Now button which starts the escrow and domain transfer process? This way I can look at the source code and study how the API is implemented.

•••
That API already exists:

https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/

So, just to understand, if I have programming knowledge, I can open up a domain registration website using Epik api without buying a reseller program ?! I saw from the api that I can buy, renew, and manage every single aspect of a domain.

Thanks,
Cristian

•••
Back