Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Every other subsection has this thread, this section deserves its own thread too.

Share your newly registered new gTLD domains.

Our count so far: 0 :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why don't you guys go build a stitch n bitch thread so you can all cry about how horrible the new gtdls are and how stupid everyone is for reging a few names.

I personally think they are fun niche extensions, I just dont get the tirade coming from the peanut gallery, "they are just new web names" relax!

Peanut.Gallery yo! :laugh:

Why so uptight, looks like you should blaze one up and chill out.

The so-called "peanut gallery" are the ones who have survived the years, improved their portfolio, and have sales to show. They've seen this before.

Hell, I remember some uptight .co dudes from 2010 who have hardly posted since 2011!! They barely survived one year at domaining. I doubt they will ever consider domaining again. They also thought their shiny domains would make them some dough and threw insults around.

Relax and enjoy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PnuXelvWA[/youtube]

•••
I thought what you posted was funny but, if you have someone posting his names before your post who obviously likes the names he picked up. Indirectly your post is essentially calling him a stupid sheep with no mind of his own... This is what irks me. I felt your calling me a sheep in a sense because i picked up a few names. I honestly think it is the majority who dislikes these new extensions therefor who is the sheep? Is someone a sheep because they go against the grain?

Sure have your opinion but when it starts trashing others directly or indirectly then.... People post names cause they are excited they got them. Critical posts are fine, I really like how JB points out TM issues or conflicts it opened my eyes a lot. A few others have had very valid points!

I'll chill, sorry..

•••
why don't you guys go build a stitch n bitch thread so you can all cry about how horrible the new gtdls are and how stupid everyone is for reging a few names.

I personally think they are fun niche extensions, I just dont get the tirade coming from the peanut gallery, "they are just new web names" relax!

This is mild compared to the early .mobi days. One similar pattern that is emerging like previous new releases is new folks coming in and posting their 'lookatmylame.newtld' registrations and wondering what others think. When told the names are lame they lash out. We've all made mistakes along the way, folks can choose to learn from it or ignore the warning signs others share. History may not perfectly repeat itself but it often rhymes. A new tld today is different from ones 5-10 years ago, but theres some stark similarities. Unfortunately it's hard to sort out the good advice from the blanket haters.

•••
.mobi was the good old times :)
.tel too
Kool Aid has rained a lot on NP.

•••
.mobi was the good old times :)
.tel too
Kool Aid has rained a lot on NP.

Totally different this time though. I don't think it will be for investors (FAIL) but I do for the general internet usage. I fully expect the secondary domain markets to hit a general decline because of this.

The domainer industry is changing. Next up we can change the annoying "useless development" industry. Maybe one day we can have an internet of useful stuff.

•••
Hi guys,
Here are the list of domains which i have registered. Please let me know your thoughts on which i should hold and which i should try to get rid of soon.

ADVERTISERS.DIRECTORY
BANKERS.TODAY

BAZAAR.CLOTHING

BAZAAR.GRAPHICS

BAZAAR.SHOES

CLASSIFIEDS.COMPUTER

CLASSIFIEDS.CONTRACTORS

CLASSIFIEDS.DOMAINS

CLASSIFIEDS.LAND

CLASSIFIEDS.SHOES

CLASSIFIEDS.SYSTEMS

EBUSINESS.VENTURES

ENTREPRENEURS.DIRECTORY

FINDING.CONTRACTORS

FREELANCERS.DIRECTORY

FUND.GALLERY

FUNDING.EQUIPMENT

FXTRADING.TIPS

INVESTOR.DIRECTORY

LEADERS.TODAY

MANAGEMENT.DIRECTORY

MARKETPLACE.CAMERA

MARKETPLACE.CONSTRUCTION

MARKETPLACE.CONTRACTORS

MARKETPLACE.DIAMONDS

MARKETPLACE.EQUIPMENT

MARKETPLACE.KITCHEN

MARKETPLACE.LIGHTING

MARKETPLACE.SHOES

MATRIMONIAL.DIRECTORY

MEETINGPLACE.SINGLES

MONETIZATION.TIPS

MONETIZE.TIPS

NETWORKING.DIRECTORY

OUTSOURCING.TODAY

PROFILES.SINGLES

PROPERTIES.CONSTRUCTION

RENTING.DIRECTORY

REPORTING.TODAY

RESALE.DOMAINS

RETIRING.TODAY

SMO.DIRECTORY

SMO.TODAY

VACATIONS.GALLERY

VACATIONS.TODAY

•••
Hi guys,
Here are the list of domains which i have registered. Please let me know your thoughts on which i should hold and which i should try to get rid of soon.

i think you probably wont be able to get rid of any of these even for $10 each. probably nobody would even accept them if you gave them away for free.

•••
Why do you think so?
I dont intend on selling the good ones anytime soon. I feel the internet is about to change within the next 5 years. It is no longer going to be dot com. I think the extensions will add more specific information on what the site will be.

For example

On google classifieds.com might be a general classifieds site for anything.. This is how it is at present.

What i think will happen over the next 5 years, is when you search on Google for classifieds, the end users will have an option to see classifieds.shoes or clothing or house which would give the end user a better perspective on what to click....

The Dot coms will still be around, but it will move to more specifics...

Comments welcome

•••
Hi guys,

BAZAAR.SHOES

EBUSINESS.VENTURES

FREELANCERS.DIRECTORY

INVESTOR.DIRECTORY

LEADERS.TODAY

MANAGEMENT.DIRECTORY

MARKETPLACE.DIAMONDS

NETWORKING.DIRECTORY

OUTSOURCING.TODAY

RETIRING.TODAY

VACATIONS.TODAY

For flipping who knows, for development these are my faves.

•••
i only like investor.directory

•••
On a different note, is domain trading, collecting, flipping, developing becoming the stamps of yesterday? Could names be considered collectables now that we have so many?

I'll trade you my 15 yr old .com for your single keyword .tv etc...

stamp-collecting-in-family-old-illustration-1024-postbit-10303.jpg

•••
Why do you think so?
I dont intend on selling the good ones anytime soon. I feel the internet is about to change within the next 5 years. It is no longer going to be dot com. I think the extensions will add more specific information on what the site will be.

For example

On google classifieds.com might be a general classifieds site for anything.. This is how it is at present.

What i think will happen over the next 5 years, is when you search on Google for classifieds, the end users will have an option to see classifieds.shoes or clothing or house which would give the end user a better perspective on what to click....

Comments welcome

Google cares about content, if your classified shoes site is a viable business model there is no evidence that google will spread some special love to classified.shoes vs classifiedshoes.com. If you are the person spending $100,000 starting this business then you're needing to make a branding decision. Risking serious money has a way of making people lean towards proven things. Much like my new roof I'll need in a few years, do I risk the new material that has yet to stand the test of time on some other guinea pigs house or go with the proven thing. Not too many pioneers out there.

•••
Please let me know your thoughts on which i should hold and which i should try to get rid of soon.
Do you mean grace delete ? And why should you act on our advice now, when it's too late ?
You should have done your homework.

Why do you think so?
I dont intend on selling the good ones anytime soon. I feel the internet is about to change within the next 5 years. It is no longer going to be dot com.

Comments welcome
fashion.victim ?

You can certainly develop these domains but if you bought them for resale good luck.

•••
Well its only time that will answer your question.

It is always the greatest minds that foresee something before it becomes a trend.

Good luck with your dot coms but i would bet my money on the new extensions. Its just my opinion.

Cheers

•••
I dont intend on selling the good ones anytime soon. I feel the internet is about to change within the next 5 years.
Hopefully you will see the impact before 5 years - an initial investment on a losing cause is one thing, compounding that is another. The best advice you will ever receive is something that snoop used to say over and over and I am repeating it here for you - there is no surprise it comes from gambling.

Don't go chasing your losses.

If you have a 5 year plan and it doesn't work. Don't make it a 6 year plan.

It is no longer going to be dot com. I think the extensions will add more specific information on what the site will be.
That's the bullshit line that everyone has been spinning. The new gTLDs don't add anything but an alternative to the same thing. There ARE exceptions if the gTLD is a closed and managed space (in which case you aren't investing anyway). So .ngo is supposed to be for NGOs etc. An IBM isn't going to give away .IBMs to investors either.

Your attributing a new business model to google that doesn't and won't exist. Google is not a content provider and, as far as I know, doesn't plan to be in the space you describe.

I know it's just an example but you have ask yourself who uses classifieds in this way? Why would I develop a site to setup classified ads for shoes? What market is that? The reasons classifieds exist in the first place was because someone saw there was a business model to support one place to list everything.

The only value you will get in investing in the name will be to find a very specific end user. Who would build a site limited to a niche like classifieds.contractors? And if they did, why would they pay you for that name in particular? I'm guessing the .com is available given that it doesn't even really sound like a good keyword combination.

Google cares about content
Beat me to it :)

•••
I thought what you posted was funny but, if you have someone posting his names before your post who obviously likes the names he picked up. Indirectly your post is essentially calling him a stupid sheep with no mind of his own... This is what irks me. I felt your calling me a sheep in a sense because i picked up a few names. I honestly think it is the majority who dislikes these new extensions therefor who is the sheep? Is someone a sheep because they go against the grain?

Sure have your opinion but when it starts trashing others directly or indirectly then...

I think you are taking offense, and feel that the post is directed to you and other specific posters that you mentioned. I quote people directly that I want to address when I reply. Not like you who couldn't reply to my post and call me a names directly.;)

I don't hope to happen to post beneath anyone's post who posted a whole 9 hours before mine. Should a ghost before mine, then it's fine?

Don't let things "irk" you coz you think they are directed at you or some other poster. Your name(s) in there?

If you feel that the post is directed at you or describes your actions, maybe it says something! Can't help you there.

Last edited:
•••
I think you are taking offense, and feel that the post is directed to you and other specific posters that you mentioned. I quote people directly that I want to address when I reply. Not like you who couldn't reply to my post and call me a names directly.;)

I don't hope to happen to post beneath anyone's post who posted a whole 9 hours before mine. Should a ghost before mine, then it's fine?

Don't let things "irk" you coz you think they are directed at you or some other poster. Your name(s) in there?

If you feel that the post is directed at you or describes your actions, maybe it says something! Can't help you there.

um ok....

•••
i regged

death.photos
encyclopedia.domains
peace.uno

•••
It is always the greatest minds that foresee something before it becomes a trend.

Congratulating yourself on being among "the greatest minds" isn't going to help you succeed. What you should be doing is forgetting about yourself and digging through the evidence.

If you want to sell domains, look at what domains are selling -- and not selling.

If you're waiting on the future, you're going to spend a lot of money in the present. That future probably won't come. Most of us who have spent years studying the domain industry are very skeptical about these new extensions. That should be a warning sign for all newcomers.

If the experienced domainers are warning you guys not to throw money away, then you should probably listen rather than boast.

I'm buying some new extensions, but they're the riskiest part of my portfolio. AND I've learned which ones to buy through several years of experience selling domains in more established extensions. Unless you've sold a lot of domains already, you probably will buy the wrong domains. So experiment with the domains that cost least, sell for most, and sell most frequently -- i.e. .COM.

•••
•••
i regged

death.photos

Death photos were actually once very common. When families lost a loved one (typically a child), they'd take a photograph of the corpse as if the person were alive. Often this would be the only surviving image of the person.

It seems morbid to us now; but, of course, we take photos throughout our lives. Formerly, a photograph would have required a special event -- such as a death.

•••
Death photos were actually once very common. When families lost a loved one (typically a child), they'd take a photograph of the corpse as if the person were alive. Often this would be the only surviving image of the person.

It seems morbid to us now; but, of course, we take photos throughout our lives. Formerly, a photograph would have required a special event -- such as a death.

i did see this in a film called The Others with nicole kidman, not sure if we will go back to those days though

•••
Hello to all of you,

It does seems morbid to us but there are so many death photo sites around the www with WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT of ***Crime Scenes,Death/Autopsy***. And for this there is a very special niche.

•••
5 companies already:
che.company
010.company
020.company
qingdao.company
xian.company

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back