IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Every other subsection has this thread, this section deserves its own thread too.

Share your newly registered new gTLD domains.

Our count so far: 0 :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
010: district tel code,stands for Beijing.
020: stands for Guangzhou.
Chinese people understand it.

fair enough, cheers

•••
There can only be two outcomes in varunsash's case. He could very well be wrong and most of those gtlds never take off and his investment ends up in a failure. The worst that can happen is he lost a couple hundreds (or thousands if he goes further). Or he may be right after all and these early registrations become sought after in a few years.

I'm just going to say I welcome these gtlds and his way of thinking. It's a nice change and broadens the scope of things and opportunities to end-users and small businesses. People can't be that shortsighted expecting things will always be the way they are in the present time. Things are always evolving and you never know what will come next.

Sure, from a business perspective it is always better to play it safe and go with what's "tried and true", but the ones who take risks are the ones who will likely be at the forefront, leading and becoming part of the change, while the rest of us are left behind playing catch up.

Just my opinion. I myself have registered a few of them, but not that many (like 5 or 6). I will register more as they come along if they're too good to pass on and some I plan to develop. I'll still be on the lookout for some good .com's as always, though. That won't change. :)

•••
Sure, from a business perspective it is always better to play it safe and go with what's "tried and true", but the ones who take risks are the ones who will likely be at the forefront, leading and becoming part of the change, while the rest of us are left behind playing catch up.

If you build on .com, you won't be left behind or playing catch up. Leaders don't play catch up. As you said it's tried and true and will always be #1 vs. something that might or might not work. Unnecessary risk that offers no real benefits.

•••
There can only be two outcomes in varunsash's case. He could very well be wrong and most of those gtlds never take off and his investment ends up in a failure. The worst that can happen is he lost a couple hundreds (or thousands if he goes further). Or he may be right after all and these early registrations become sought after in a few years.

I'm just going to say I welcome these gtlds and his way of thinking. It's a nice change and broadens the scope of things and opportunities to end-users and small businesses. People can't be that shortsighted expecting things will always be the way they are in the present time. Things are always evolving and you never know what will come next.

Just my opinion. I myself have registered a few of them, but not that many (like 5 or 6). I will register more as they come along if they're too good to pass on and some I plan to develop. I'll still be on the lookout for some good .com's as always, though. That won't change. :)
i thought the same thing with mobi...oh the mobile web..its going to be huge, etc. i spent 10k on mobi domains that are now completely and utterly worthless. so much for taking a risk and being at the forefront. same goes for those who invested in biz, tel, asia, pw, ws...etc

lets be real and stop kidding ourselves though. there is nothing new or innovative about words seperated by a dot. thats all these domains are. don't fall for the marketing BS hype. they aren't going to bring anything new to the internet. domain hacks have been around for 15 years or more. at the end of the day i only care about how the general public will see them. if they do take off, sure i want some but i am not going to fool myself into thinking these domains are any different than any else that hasn't already been done.

•••
i thought the same thing with mobi...oh the mobile web..its going to be huge, etc. i spent 10k on mobi domains that are now completely and utterly worthless. so much for taking a risk and being at the forefront. same goes for those who invested in biz, tel, asia, pw, ws...etc

lets be real and stop kidding ourselves though. there is nothing new or innovative about words seperated by a dot. thats all these domains are. don't fall for the marketing BS hype. they aren't going to bring anything new to the internet. domain hacks have been around for 15 years or more. at the end of the day i only care about how the general public will see them. if they do take off, sure i want some but i am not going to fool myself into thinking these domains are any different than any else that hasn't already been done.

domain hacks like THIS in EVERY category have not been around 15 years.

full words with actual meaning? beyond .travel, .pro, .name and .asia im not sure what you're referring to.. this is all very new... the sheer numbers and options in every category is new. what "full word" domain hacks have been around 15 years?

•••

You mirrored what I had just said in the "I Hate gTLDs" thread, for what it's worth.

Chasing rainbows.

I also began thinking about the tried and true "radio test" for these type extensions. When somebody hears an ad run by a dot-com "company" they basically ignore the DOT COM and hear the company name or brand. Now think about 10,000 "companies" running their business on dot SOLUTIONS, for example, my bet is that listeners will hear SOLUTIONS and not the company name or brand, and the test here will fail more often than not.

Then they will think, "Was it solutions or support?" Who wants pizza?

:bah:

Last edited:
•••
4 more companies:

pai.company
sou.company
tuan.company
jiu.company

•••
Just got one new gtld... Yes I did it!
But its not really an investment..

The name is Quebec.Sexy. I may develop it or sell it if I'm lucky.

Its a bit hard for people to figure out that its a domain name when they see a word at the right of the dot.

I hate new gtlds but can be good for a small blog... Don't spend money advertising .Words because no one will get it! lol

•••
one more company:

sand.company

•••
•••

what "full word" domain hacks have been around 15 years?
Okay, they are real words. Doesn't mean they are much better, or that people will take you seriously :lala:

•••

full words with actual meaning? beyond .travel, .pro, .name and .asia im not sure what you're referring to.. this is all very new... the sheer numbers and options in every category is new. what "full word" domain hacks have been around 15 years?
my point is they're just words seperated by a dot. there is no technological advancement. they offer more choices, that's it.

•••

NET is a dictionary word and has been around since day 1

•••
NET is a dictionary word and has been around since day 1

bah.. so we got .net, .travel, .pro, .asia and .name

the sudden influx of 1,000some real word TLD's gives the registrars more incentive than ever before to sell these things front and center. they didnt have that same incentive sharing registrations from .mobi, .biz, .name and 10 others throughout 10 years...

people that are claiming you wont be taken seriously if you use one of these new gTLD are oversimplifying things.. they said the same thing when people started using facebook pages for their business.. people do it all the time now. its not the life or death of a business and is nowhere near as absolute as dont-mainers pretend it is... if your website/business fails simply because of the domain then you were probably doing 12 other things wrong or not up to par.. it probably wasnt just the domain.

•••

the sudden influx of 1,000some real word TLD's gives the registrars more incentive than ever before to sell these things front and center. they didnt have that same incentive sharing registrations from .mobi, .biz, .name and 10 others throughout 10 years...

people that are claiming you wont be taken seriously if you use one of these new gTLD are oversimplifying things.. they said the same thing when people started using facebook pages for their business.. people do it all the time now. its not the life or death of a business and is nowhere near as absolute as dont-mainers pretend it is... if your website/business fails simply because of the domain then you were probably doing 12 other things wrong or not up to par.. it probably wasnt just the domain.

One of those things wrong was a crappy extension. If you can't get that right, you probably are the type to get other things wrong as well, the type not to think long term etc.

As far as Facebook, it's fine as an addition to your site, for extra reach, traffic etc. But if that's the sole foundation of your business, you are stupid. Because pages get shut down from time to time, there are sometimes restrictions etc. You want control over your business. You should always have your own site.

•••
You want control over your business. You should always have your own site.

its not always true. i've been operating for 11 years without "my own website."

i use other platforms and a .US domain for my direct email...before that i used .info.. if i wanted to use a .solutions or .computer domain for my email or a shortcut URL that links to my ebay/amazon selling page that'd work too. why wouldnt it?

•••

i use other platforms and a .US domain for my direct email...before that i used .info.. if i wanted to use a .solutions or .computer domain for my email or a shortcut URL that links to my ebay/amazon selling page that'd work too. why wouldnt it?

I was talking about a real business, had something bigger in mind. Plus, if you're a domainer, it's not selling something like physical products, where carts come into play, product catalog etc. Your mentioning businesses just using FB for business, is also an argument against them needing any domain, including the new ones.

So now you're talking about using them as shortcuts, forwarding them to ebay, Amazon or FB. Sure, there are people using them for usually very small mom and pop type stuff, even places like Etsy. Those happen to well known platforms all on a .com.

Last edited:
•••

Note I was simply stating a fact, not an opinion. I find many parallels to domains in real estate, this time kinda reminds me of the US land rushes of the late 1800s, folks trying to improve their lot in life by getting some raw dirt and making something of it. During these land rushes I bet there were established folks back in the east laughing at folks chasing a dream in some isolated dusty plain. Pioneers get the arrows, few have resources to sustain the hardships or weather the storms, many hoping to get rich quick are disapointed, and many simply don't survive or must give up and declare it all a waste and they'd been better off staying back east and warning everyone how bad it is out west.

The analogy breaks down when you see that domainers typically don't do anything but pay reg fees hoping to coat tail off the efforts of others to build. The Homestead Act mandated occupancy and improvements before title was granted, without those requirements the western US would be mostly covered with for sale and coming soon signs and little to nothing actually being built as happens in new TLDs and then folks complaining there is no value there.

It all takes time, and as you and others have noted there is a landscape shift coming especially in the US. It won't be overnight but slowly, and especially with a younger generation who couldn't give a rats ass about com was the original tld. They've moved on and realize there is more to life than what is offered by the original states and are open to going new places and trying new things.

Some pure speculators will get lucky while most will go home poor and defeated. But what few seem to get is that none of this is intended for the benefit of domain speculators, it's about getting off your ass and building something useful online. This tld flood is opening things up for end users and the lazy money in domains is moving to the registry level. Spend a couple hundred grand on a tld and collect reg fees as opposed to paying a couple hundred grand on a .com and earning parking revenue.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

I was talking about a real business, had something bigger in mind. Plus, if you're a domainer, it's not selling something like physical products, where carts come into play, product catalog etc. Your mentioning businesses just using FB for business, is also an argument against them needing any domain, including the new ones.

Business is about profits, what's un-real about mjnels profits? These suposed distinctions are increasingly becoming bogus.

•••
I was talking about a real business, had something bigger in mind. Plus, if you're a domainer, it's not selling something like physical products, where carts come into play, product catalog etc.

i am a real business. cash is generated, i sell and ship physical products and i've been doing this 11 years. i dont sell domains for a living.

Your mentioning businesses just using FB for business, is also an argument against them needing any domain, including the new ones.

right - so what about your neat little gift wrapped statement of "you always need a website."

its not always true, is it? there are other things to take into consideration.

just like saying using a new gTLD is not "credible" - its way too absolute of a statement and with 1,000+ real word "domain hacks" about to be available people will use them.

•••
Business is about profits, what's un-real about mjnels profits? These suposed distinctions are increasingly becoming bogus.

Didn't say anything about his profits, domaining is a little different than most businesses. If you want to buy something from him, what link would you go to?

i am a real business. cash is generated, i sell and ship physical products and i've been doing this 11 years. i dont sell domains for a living.

Where?

Any my posts are based on "if you use one of these new gTLD"

Usually people use that with sites, that's what usually happens when a business buys a domain. But now, it's just email and url forwarding. So yes, you can do that.

"1,000+ real word "domain hacks"

And when exactly did that become a good thing? Proper phrases usually don't have a dot in the middle of them.

Last edited:
•••

and if they started showing competing ads on the top, bottom or side of your page, there is little you could do about it. thats the problem with using things like facebook, twitter, etc.

•••
you said:

As far as Facebook, it's fine as an addition to your site, for extra reach, traffic etc. But if that's the sole foundation of your business, you are stupid. Because pages get shut down from time to time, there are sometimes restrictions etc. You want control over your business. You should always have your own site.

or what? you'll fail?

i sell on ebay/amazon.. never had my own website. its 11 years later and im still making it work. my point here is you're trying too hard to oversimplify everything with statements like "if you sell physical products you need your own website... you're stupid if you dont"

its as dumb and uninformed as making statements like "if you use a gTLD you wont be credible"

theres more to it than that. other circumstances to consider.. like the creativity and actual IDEA behind the person doing it. dumb it down as much as you like but its not going to make it true.

and if they started showing competing ads on the top, bottom or side of your page, there is little you could do about it. thats the problem with using things like facebook, twitter, etc.

they already do and have been for years, in fact right below, above and the side of my listings there are hundreds of other sellers. there are different ways to compete is my point.

Last edited:
•••
you said:

or what? you'll fail?

i sell on ebay/amazon.. never had my own website. its 11 years later and im still making it work. my point here is you're trying too hard to oversimplify everything with statements like "if you sell physical products you need your own website... you're stupid if you dont"

its as dumb and uninformed as making statements like "if you use a gTLD you wont be credible"

theres more to it than that. other circumstances to consider.. like the creativity and actual IDEA behind the person doing it. dumb it down as much as you like but its not going to make it true.

they already do and have been for years, in fact right below, above and the side of my listings there are hundreds of other sellers. there are different ways to compete is my point.

I didn't say you would fail. We were talking about new gtlds and if you're a business, yes, I think you go with what works, is the most flexible. And yes, while you can make a living on other platforms, I'm always going to think it's better having your own site, control, when selling products. Usually the businesses that buy domains are thinking more than just url forwarding. Usually businesses when asked, where are you located, can tell me. You would give me an ebay url?

In the context of new gtlds or any gtlds, they are usually bought by end users to build on.

Again my comments where based on what you said here:

"if you use one of these new gTLD are oversimplifying things"

Took that completely out of the equation and now you're talking about if you can sell on ebay or Amazon. Sure, you don't need any gtld for that.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't say you would fail. We were talking about new gtlds and if you're a business, yes, I think you go with what works, is the most flexible. And yes, while you can make a living on other platforms, I'm always going to think it's better having your own site, control, when selling products. Usually the businesses that buy domains are thinking more than just url forwarding. Usually businesses when asked, where are you located, can tell me. You would give me an ebay url?

In the context of new gtlds or any gtlds, they are usually bought by end users to build on.

this doesnt have anything to do with gTLD right now. im trying to make you realize your little domainer slogans are not always true. there are other circumstances to consider before you make a blanket statement.

you made a statement that a business always needs a website of their own. thats a blanket statement. that using exclusively facebook or other platforms is stupid...

the point here is statements like that are about as dumb and uninformed as saying "if you use a gTLD you wont be credible." it fails to take anything else into consideration.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back