NameSilo

advice What is your advice to the newbie.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys.
According to your experience in domaining, what is your best advice to the newbie.
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
So are the name pros members who report profits from selling hand regs telling lies?

I really believe that it is better to learn about the domain industry with a few diverse hand regs, that over-paying at an auction for one domain that is difficult to sell.
NOT TRUE ,I JUST SOLD A HAND REG I BOUGHT LAST YEAR FOR 3600 ON THE AFTERNIC PLATFORM,AND THEY PROBABLY WOULD HAVE PAID A LOT MORE FOR IT. If you crawl through a lot of haystacks your gonna get stuck with a pitch fork''Eventually.
{I am coining that phrase by the way. you heard it here first.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello guys.
According to your experience in domaining, what is your best advice to the newbie.
Thanks.
Buy .com or .cn (china) only period. Dont waste time on new extensions. Pick a niche you like and go for the shortest names you can find and dont listen to any advice on here lol Good Luck!

•••
patience is a wonderful thing -
the best things in life take time -
allegedly

but reading the completed domain name sales thread its very easy for a person to think that domain name investing is easy when seeing some domain name investors but a domain for a couple of $ and sell it on for $1000's within a month etc and as good as it is to see etc many have portfolios with names they thought they could sell quickly and trying to sell a domain for a profit for some if not most etc

sometimes you may have to sell a good name cheap just so that you can improve the quality and or liquidity of your domain name portfolio

a bit like building a football team i suppose - i can only assume etc as even the richest teams in the world etc the manager sometimes has to sell bwfore they can add to their team etc but its not an.instant process - unless you are lucky lol

Purely the way i see it -

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back