Dynadot

opinion SEO vs keywords in domain names.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GarethUK

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I'm new but really glad to be here!
I must of read every thread in the "Newbie start here section"...!!
Okay.....newbie question coming at you!........with a huge number of websites using professional search engine optimisation, is ensuring that a domain name has keywords in it a thing of the past?
This might be a great advice for newbies starting out.

Huge thanks,

Gareth.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google seems to have said that it is putting less emphasis on domain names, but then Google seems to tel[ porkies. I think the most important thing now to get good rankings is how much you pay Google, and whether Google owns the site.

•••
That's kinda what I thought Kuffy.
My gut feeling after doing the usual newbie path of watching Youtube videos and then diving in head first registering a couple of keyword.com's was "what's the point?"
I have quite a vivid imagination and my brain works best inventing mashed up domains I think.
I have an idea that maybe one day someone may really like one and and fold it into their branding or product.
Wishful thinking I know!......

•••
I'm having real trouble with Google, it keeps altering my searches, and giving me stuff that isn't relevant, or mis-spelt. I've started to use Buckduckgo.com instead.

•••
Back