IT.COM

opinion What is wrong is it me or the extension??

NameSilo
Watch

FavourB

Established Member
Impact
I need some opinion please!!
I have a good domain name with lot of potential end-users, but these domain is on .co extension

I have done my part by outbounding, to lot of these companies, and what I get is high hopes with no result.

Most will reply me "and how much is it"
I will state my price, next I will get is
"Ok we will get back to you" some will say "ok if this is interesting we will get back to you"
Then I will get high hopes, at the end of the day no reply and the don't even state there reason for not replying, discussion just goes blank for like 2 weeks now .

Yeah of course some said "not interested"

The name is foreigncoins/co

The .com sold for $7,444
and I think it is worth mid $x,xxx even in the .co extension

I want to get some opinion from members
On what to do, should I remind these end-user we have an unfinished deal?
I don't want to appear desperate, at least from my little experience it is not advisable.

Also the big successful .co domainers you can also give me some insight,
Maybe am not contacting the right end-users most of them I contacted are US and I know the don't like .co

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Hope you are doing well. I honestly wouldn't spend any money on .co unless it is one English keyword .co or good lll.co.
I don't think you should remind them at all. From their responses, they are politely decline your request.

May I ask how you determine a potential end user?

•••
The .com sold for $7,444

That is not really the type of term that sells in .CO.

Also, if a .COM sells for $7,400 the .CO would be worth a tiny fraction of that, if it was worth anything at all.

There are probably endless .COM that have sold for that range that are not even registered in .CO.

Brad

•••
Hello,

Hope you are doing well. I honestly wouldn't spend any money on .co unless it is one English keyword .co or good lll.co.
I don't think you should remind them at all. From their responses, they are politely decline your request.

May I ask how you determine a potential end user?

Thanks for your insight!
I use google to search for Potential end-users

•••
That is not really the type of term that sells in .CO.

Also, if a .COM sells for $7,400 the .CO would be worth a tiny fraction of that, if it was worth anything at all.

There are probably endless .COM that have sold for that range that are not even registered in .CO.

Brad

Ok thanks for your insight!
I still hope for the best on that domain
Time will actually tell.

Do you have .co you are planning to sell?
Have you sold of any?

•••
The .com sold for $7,444

Unless it is a one word or a REALLY good phrase, I value any .co I have at roughly 10% of what the .com is truly worth and/or sold for.

This is just a beginning/general way I come up with valuation and does not apply to all names. I have very few .co remaining but if the 'left of the dot' part is quality, they can certainly be valuable.

•••
Unless it is a one word or a REALLY good phrase, I value any .co I have at roughly 10% of what the .com is truly worth and/or sold for.

This is just a beginning/general way I come up with valuation and does not apply to all names. I have very few .co remaining but if the 'left of the dot' part is quality, they can certainly be valuable.

Ok that being said,
Do you think I should cut down my price tag

•••
Thanks for your insight!
I use google to search for Potential end-users

Be careful of trade marks too :) while you search for end users. This is my opinion: don’t look for end users. If your name is good. They will come and find you and then you tell them sorry, I want $xxxxx or not interested

•••
Do you think I should cut down my price tag

I am bolting out the door...way late but I don't recall seeing a price you posted. Only you can decide what you want and how quickly...if you need the cash now make the price as low as reasonably possible. If not, put your asking price on it where ever your marketplace is with a 'make offer' button to give someone a chance to counter.

•••
I am bolting out the door...way late but I don't recall seeing a price you posted. Only you can decide what you want and how quickly...if you need the cash now make the price as low as reasonably possible. If not, put your asking price on it where ever your marketplace is with a 'make offer' button to give someone a chance to counter.

Ok, tnx for your advice

•••
Be careful of trade marks too :) while you search for end users. This is my opinion: don’t look for end users. If your name is good. They will come and find you and then you tell them sorry, I want $xxxxx or not interested

Yeah you are right

•••
The .com sold for $7,444
While it varies a lot, I think expecting half or more what the .com sold for is too much. Certain types of names do sell for large amounts in .co under the right conditions (a couple of examples high up in the most recent DNJournal report), but by no means all. The best conditions for .co is when a name is unique and highly sought, and the .com is either totally unavailable or the owner is asking an astronomical price for it. Best wishes for success.
Bob

•••
The best conditions for .co is when a name is unique and highly sought, and the .com is either totally unavailable or the owner is asking an astronomical price for it.

The last one's the prime one, as then you don't have a direct competitor using the corresponding .COM, which after the TM and establishing the brand, makes it tougher to resell the .COM to an investor (then it's UDRP time). That's why so many .CO companies upgrade to .COM later - if it's sitting there before, it more than likely will still be sitting there after.

•••
The last one's the prime one, as then you don't have a direct competitor using the corresponding .COM, which after the TM and establishing the brand, makes it tougher to resell the .COM to an investor (then it's UDRP time). That's why so many .CO companies upgrade to .COM later - if it's sitting there before, it more than likely will still be sitting there after.

Yeah you are correct
Maybe I will give my end-user few weeks and let them know on price reduction

•••
Yeah you are correct

Good call, and I'd be looking at 10-20% of the .COM price at that range. You don't get a premium 1-word .COM for $7K.

•••
Instead of telling them about price reduction, why not ask for their best offer.

However, no reply sometimes means not interested.

•••
Instead of telling them about price reduction, why not ask for their best offer.

However, no reply sometimes means not interested.

I have tried these best offer some time ago on one of my name

And guess what I received annoying offers even 1$ offer ,
Most 50$-100$
And all these where end-users
I later sold for $250

But the second sale I stated my price and that was it
Even when I got offer it wasn't far below my range

Although I understand your angle
Sometimes you might even get offer that you didn't dream of.
But I think the chances are rare,

•••
If the .com sold for $7.5k. I doubt I would be asking for more than 10% of that price in Any other extension. Obviously I would be doing some checks to establish the term sold was at a fair market value in the first place.

Stating that you think the ,Co is still worth mid $x,xxx to your mind is really over optimistic and I can't imagine any savvy buyer is going to bite. Try asking for $1,100 would be my way forward

Last edited:
•••
BaileyUK said:
If the .com sold for $7.5k. I doubt I would be asking for more than 10% of that price in Any other extension. Obviously I would be doing some checks to establish the term sold was at a fair market value in the first place.

Stating that you think the ,Co was still worth mid $x,xxx to your mind is really over optimistic

Ok.
Thanks for your insight

•••
I have sold multiple .co domains over the last 2 years or so. All for low 4-figures .. and all significantly better quality than your domain.

The only .co domains you should really be acquiring are ones where the .com equivalent are mid-high 5-figures and higher.

Selling a .co at 10% of the .com is very generous. Also keep in mind that in addition to a significant price reduction, is a significant drop in the probabilities of ever selling the domain.

A good pricetag for solid .co domains if you want to move them at the standard portfolio sales rate is $1000-$2000. I definitely would not price yours more than $1500 (leaving a lot of room for negotiations) .. and would actually recommend pricing it mid-high $xxx.

Beyond that, all the advice above is very good.

FYI .. it's not a bad domain acquisition if obtained during a $1-$3 .co promotion ... but it is not a domain I would pay full renewal pricing on.

.. The best conditions for .co is when a name is unique ...
Everything else you wrote is on .. but .CO domains should not be unique. They should be as generic and common as possible. Strong English One-Word or EXTREMELY STRONG Single-Term domains. "ForeignCoins" does count as a "Single Term" domain .. but while not being horrible, and actually having a tiny chance to sell (at a more realistic price), unfortunately I don't think it's strong enough to really merit the investment.

Best of luck with your domain all the same .. the good news is that it's not a 0% chance of sale (if you lower the price) .. it's just a very low chance. A case where you might not have flushed your money down the toilet .. but you certainly could have spent it better on something else.

And don't feel too bad .. I've seen much MUCH worse.

Last edited:
•••
I don't buy any .co because that makes me always want .com and it makes me feel weird that missing an "m" when typing it, it looks more like the replacement of .com, I guess I don't feel innovation there.

Last edited:
•••
I have sold multiple .co domains over the last 2 years or so. All for low 4-figures .. and all significantly better quality than your domain.

The only .co domains you should really be acquiring are ones where the .com equivalent are mid-high 5-figures and higher.

Selling a .co at 10% of the .com is very generous. Also keep in mind that in addition to a significant price reduction, is a significant drop in the probabilities of ever selling the domain.

A good pricetag for solid .co domains if you want to move them at the standard portfolio sales rate is $1000-$2000. I definitely would not price yours more than $1500 (leaving a lot of room for negotiations) .. and would actually recommend pricing it mid-high $xxx.

Beyond that, all the advice above is very good.

FYI .. it's not a bad domain acquisition if obtained during a $1-$3 .co promotion ... but it is not a domain I would pay full renewal pricing on.

Everything else you wrote is on .. but .CO domains should not be unique. They should be as generic and common as possible. Strong English One-Word or EXTREMELY STRONG Single-Term domains. "ForeignCoins" does count as a "Single Term" domain .. but while not being horrible, and actually having a tiny chance to sell (at a more realistic price), unfortunately I don't think it's strong enough to really merit the investment.

Best of luck with your domain all the same .. the good news is that it's not a 0% chance of sale (if you lower the price) .. it's just a very low chance. A case where you might not have flushed your money down the toilet .. but you certainly could have spent it better on something else.

And don't feel too bad .. I've seen much MUCH worse.

You post is just complicated up in my skull.
You said not bad name, if i could bring down my price I could get something

Now same you is talking about flushing money down the toilet

Who likes to flush money down the toilet?

With you experience on .co and past sale on your .co
Just give me a fairly rough estimate on how much I should place foreigncoins.co
Thanks

•••
I don't buy any .co because that makes me always want .com and it makes me feel weird that missing an "m" when typing it, it looks more like the replacement of .com, I guess I don't feel innovation there.

Well that's you and probably that's what majority of domain investors feel.

But some people are actually making sales on .co

I believe in trying out things, but when doing so, playing smartly is the key.

So I just wanted to try out some extensions
I tried .top
And few .co

Funny enough my .top always get the highest monthly traffic on Dan more than my .com and I haven't even reached out to anyone about it, is just there and is a domain I just fancy (sleeveless.top)

Then I got play around with some .co
Of which I picked just 5 for testing
Among the 5 the only potential one's I see is foreigncoins/co and forexpay/co

I created these thread after feeling frustrated with inquiries but no return or purchase.
I just want the .co investors to advice me and give me some reasons why I get inquiries but no purchase.:banghead:

So far 1 point noted is my overrated price

Last edited:
•••
Well that's you and probably that's what majority of domain investors feel.

But some people are actually making sales on .co

I believe in trying out things, but when doing so, playing smartly is the key.

So I just wanted to try out some extensions
I tried .top
And few .co

Funny enough my .top always get the highest monthly traffic on Dan more than my .com and I haven't even reached out to anyone about it, is just there and is a domain I just fancy (sleeveless.top)

Then I got play around with some .co
Of which I picked just 5 for testing
Among the 5 the only potential one's I see is foreigncoins/co and forexpay/co

I created these thread after feeling frustrated with inquiries but no return or purchase.
I just want the .co investors to advice me and give me some reasons why I get inquiries but no purchase.:banghead:

So far 1 point noted is my overrated price
I've never analyzed .co domain statistics but I guess maybe you are right about that mostly the end-users feel .co is cool not as an investor, but I definitely will register "Tiffany.co" or "coco.co" if it still not been registered.

•••
Point No 2: The industry/business you're targetting. (Coin Collectors I'm guessing)

Some imprtant extensions are still avaliable.

The .com owner has rebranded himself. Not using the name, just forwarded.

I have a domain on which a game developed later & was getting huge traffic from people offering crazy $1 offers which made remove the landing page. Mostly done by kids.

Good term, but I don't see it as a business name. saleable under $ 750- $1500 assuming the end-user is a coin collector.

IMO

•••
Back