Dynadot

opinion What is wrong is it me or the extension??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FavourB

Established Member
Impact
I need some opinion please!!
I have a good domain name with lot of potential end-users, but these domain is on .co extension

I have done my part by outbounding, to lot of these companies, and what I get is high hopes with no result.

Most will reply me "and how much is it"
I will state my price, next I will get is
"Ok we will get back to you" some will say "ok if this is interesting we will get back to you"
Then I will get high hopes, at the end of the day no reply and the don't even state there reason for not replying, discussion just goes blank for like 2 weeks now .

Yeah of course some said "not interested"

The name is foreigncoins/co

The .com sold for $7,444
and I think it is worth mid $x,xxx even in the .co extension

I want to get some opinion from members
On what to do, should I remind these end-user we have an unfinished deal?
I don't want to appear desperate, at least from my little experience it is not advisable.

Also the big successful .co domainers you can also give me some insight,
Maybe am not contacting the right end-users most of them I contacted are US and I know the don't like .co

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Point No 2: The industry/business you're targetting. (Coin Collectors I'm guessing)

Some imprtant extensions are still avaliable.

The .com owner has rebranded himself. Not using the name, just forwarded.

I have a domain on which a game developed later & was getting huge traffic from people offering crazy $1 offers which made remove the landing page. Mostly done by kids.

Good term, but I don't see it as a business name. saleable under $ 750- $1500 assuming the end-user is a coin collector.

IMO

Yeah one thing is sure most names like these are mostly used as a redirect

Foreigncoins.com is on redirect to one coin company

Foreigncoin.com is forwarded to another company

Names like these are generic and could be costly
Yes the all branded, but in other for them to get more traffic build the need generic domain name.

I just think is the extension that drives most of them away.

One of them admitted he will prefer it in .com or there country code.

So from my assessment so far, I think those guys that sells .co often have some a way the go around it.
That was why I was looking for hint.

Like target so so so niche or country

I feel USA is not a good niche to target when selling .co

Secondly foreign coins has lots of end-user anyone from around the globe can Pick these up, but I get mostly US clients, just seen few other countries.

If I try a little more and I don't get a sale
I will reduce the price and list on sedo
I guess sedo has more recoed of .co sales

Last edited:
•••
Yeah one thing is sure most names like these are mostly used as a redirect

Yep, keyword-heavy domains are now old school as brands, but they are still incredibly valuable for advertising and promotion, as they catch the eye and identify their purpose immediately.

You might be called Mandy's Coins and Collectibles, and have done well enough to afford the Mandys*com domain (hypothetically speaking), but if you're doing a mailout or advertising looking for certain foreign coins, then putting "foreigncoins.com" on there would be a better call.

Gold dealers do this all the time, signing off with gold_____.com so you remember it.

Last edited:
•••
Yep, keyword-heavy domains are now old school as brands, but they are still incredibly valuable for advertising and promotion, as they catch the eye and identify their purpose immediately.

You might be called Mandy's Coins and Collectibles, and have done well enough to afford the Mandys*com domain (hypothetically speaking), but if you're doing a mailout or advertising looking for certain foreign coins, then putting "foreigncoins.com" on there would be a better call.

Gold dealers do this all the time, signing off with gold_____.com so you remember it.

Alright
What do you think about listing with Sedo?
Am I right with them having more of .co sales?

•••
•••
•••
What do you think about listing with Sedo?
Am I right with them having more of .co sales?

Definitely, and you might want to forward all domain traffic to that listing.

•••
•••
"Most will reply me "and how much is it"
I will state my price, next I will get is
"Ok we will get back to you" some will say "ok if this is interesting we will get back to you"
Then I will get high hopes, at the end of the day no reply and the don't even state there reason for not replying, discussion just goes blank for like 2 weeks now .[

Very polite people, 99% never reply at all.

Focus on .com keywords.

•••
Same is happening to me, I am not able to sell .co domains, looks like .co is not that popular, even .io is more popular than .co

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back