Finteza

Is " .in " next big thing ?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Extensions started by Isac, Feb 7, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Isac

Isac Domainglo.com VIP

Obviously .com will always remain 1st choice of domainers and end users. But is it time to invest in " .in " also. I know .in is doing still good but i think there will huge demand of " .in " extension in future.

What's your opinion ? On which extension you will invest excluding .com, net and org ?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Furquah

Furquah The Captain VIP

I will invest in .co, .Io, .co.uk, but sometimes this type sale give me headache & I became fool to invest in this unkown extension.

schweizer.immobilien sold for $495 at SEDO.

3. Isac

Isac Domainglo.com VIP

What's .lo ?

4. domeen

domeen Active Member VIP

No its not.
    Stick with .com

5. Furquah

Furquah The Captain VIP

.Io = it's a capital "i".

6. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

7. Kuffy

Kuffy Name Stag VIP

I've just let my .in drop. The renewal fee killed it for minor names.

I kept the .com of the full keyphrase though. :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  8. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

If keyword does well in other GEO extensions then perhaps worth it on some.

9. JanO

JanO This advertising space is for sale Gold Account Blue Account

Some folks here need to look up the demographic statistics of India and think again

10. Sathyam

Sathyam Upgraded Member Gold Account

Not to forget the penetration of internet and the speed of ecommerce growth....Huge potential...

11. Sathyam

.In will still be considered as regional domain and have more narrowed market, where as others have global reach. Also the selling price will be less compared to other extensions considering it is still growing market.

12. JanO

Aye. An article with some figures: https://yourstory.com/2017/01/bitlevel-international/
    I'm domaining since September, have 200 names and half of those are .in. If I had to start over I would do it again. Might take a year, might take 2 years but the market will be HUGE

13. Ollie3000

Ollie3000 Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

No it won't. .com will always be the number one, well at least for the foreseeable future.

Am hoping .life will be the next big one

14. JanO

You and a lot of others make a misstake or missing the point: it's not about .in versus .com

1.400.000.000 people live in India, more than in the US & EU combined. Only a 1/3 have internet access now, but that changes rapidly. They have an economic growt of 8-10% per year.

I rather have 1st class .in than 3rd class .com. That's what this is about.

15. Ollie3000

Ollie3000 Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

I get your point but .com is global so it has 7.5 billion potential users, including any Indian company that wants to trade globally.

Also a 3rd class .com is worth more than a 1st class .in so for me it's about potential sale value.

Lastly it's about Language......many of those 1.4 billion wont be english speaking so the domains you reg in english wont have the relevance to the whole indian population.

16. Sathyam

This is exactly what makes it a niche market.....All the big companies cannot provide the same content they provide else where to India, it is Niche market, so they have their re-branded products and .IN extensions to serve them exclusively. Also consider the new startups and businesses flourish there which needs more local Domains as well.

17. JanO

Aye, the 1.4 billion isn't a representative number but it's still hundreds of millions and rising. The fastest growing language in the country. The number of xxxx sales is also increasing rapidly. At this moment you're right, but I think in a year or two years it will be the other way round. That's why I think this is a good time to start hoarding .in, if you have the patience..

18. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

But the vast majority of people will never buy a domain name, cause they don't need one to be on the Internet. It's mostly businesses that need them. It's no different than in other countries. Most people use 'free' services like gmail or facebook or stuff like that, and are not interested in owning a domain name for personal use. So the potential market is not 1.4 billion people but much less than that.
    And the vast majority of end users will not buy a domain name on the aftermarket. Again, it's no different than in other countries. The huge size of the market is a plus though.

19. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2018 VIP

Very wise answer

I mentioned something similar in a few topics already.
    I think India is dismissed far too easily, given the sheer amount of people growth can only go one way.

People power always fuels growth and with all the big players investing in India a few of us need to pay attention. There are growth opportunities there and that includes the .in extension (y)

Anyone doubting the growth factor needs to read these two topics ....

https://www.namepros.com/threads/india-is-ruling-the-world.1014676/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/reasons-behind-massive-growth-in-the-in-extension.924844/

20. wot

wot Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Major stifling factors for .in/co.in, corruption in high places, .in/.co.in registry transparency, absolute reluctance from the majority of end users to buy quality names.
    BTW I have sold over 1,000 .in/.co.in domain names.

21. Sathyam

100%, lots of confusion on .in/ co.in.....

22. JanO

How many businesses will there be in a country with 1.4 billion people? Exactly; millions.

23. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Active Member VIP

Nextbigth.in/g

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!