Domain Empire

showcase What is the oldest domain you own?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotDomainSales

Established Member
Impact
The first domain name ever registered was Symbolics.com. It was registered 1985, to Symbolics Inc., a computer systems company in Cambridge, Mass.

I think it will be interesting to see who owns the oldest domain here on NamePros.

The oldest domain in my portfolio is:
  • PlasmaScreen.co.uk (1997) which is a whopping 18 years old (nearly as old as me!)
Post yours, let's see who owns the oldest domain on this forum :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BookTraders.com
Registered On

July 28, 1994

•••
My oldest domain is Art Products (.) com - 1995 - 20 years old

•••
BrewVenture.com - 1995. Bought it here at NP if I remember correctly!

•••
I think I have sold my oldest ( 20 yo llll )...so maybe 2003 AVYD .com.
I also believe that domain age is a "thing of the past" so I do not pay much attention to it. :xf.smile:

It is not the thing of the past and will not be.

It is one of the filters for investors and search engines, as the older the names, the less probability of trash among them.

So, if you'd look through the 100 random 20 year old names, 100 random 15 year old names, 100 10 year, 100 5 year and 100 new regs, where do you think you'll get 90%+ names that probably should never been even registered?

It also helps search engines to weed out spam, abuse, low quality sites and those tend to die out in a year or two.

•••

It is one of the filters for investors and search engines, as the older the names, the less probability of trash among them.

So, if you'd look through the 100 random 20 year old names, 100 random 15 year old names, 100 10 year, 100 5 year and 100 new regs, where do you think you'll get 90%+ names that probably should never been even registered?

It also helps search engines to weed out spam, abuse, low quality sites and those tend to die out in a year or two.

We just need to agree to disagree.
If there is some sense in saying that a name registered 20 years ago when more high quality names ( one word, 2 keyword.. ) were available could be more valuable it needs to be pointed out that, taken on its own, the latter is a very blank statement.

A crappy domain registered 20 years ago and always renewed is still a crappy domain.

Under and SEO perspective an aged domain that has never been developed it is pretty much as good as a freshly registered one; not my words but from one of the big guy at Google.
What search engines look for is the age of the website not the age of the domain.

I am a domain investor and I look for others things before age but I guess that anyone is free to make their own choices.
Just a few years ago having and EMD was a must to rank.and domainers were saying that such thing would have never passed; it took no more than a couple of Google algorithm updates to make them close to useless.

•••
•••
you can t imagine how many crappy domains are 20 y.o and older...B-)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Ivg.com
April 95

Awesome LLL!

iUSA.net
1995 01 12

Nice brandable name for the patriots of the states

BookTraders.com
Registered On

July 28, 1994

Great name Rich!

I agree, especially with answer to your last question you find nowadays majority of names that are worthless have been registered recently. The majority, if not all of LLL/LLLL/NNN/NNNN/one-word domains have history of registration in the past - so there is definitely relevance to age.

CSSX// .com (1996)

Nice name mirul!

•••
•••
AurumINC.com - 1996, My upcoming jewelry store.

•••
copyleft.com (1997)
I registerd it.

•••
My oldest is RearProjection (.) com 18 years old.

I also have several 15 years old domains.

•••
Wunno.com 14
HostingArticles.com 13.5
Emblems.net 13.5

•••
The oldest one I own is tamiment (dot com). From 1997.

•••
I have MidMac (dot) com 1996-02-15 - 19 Years old.
Try to sell it to the company who own's the .net version a company in Qatar, but not much luck yet.

•••
•••
astonvilla.net

Creation Date: 1999-01-10T05:00:00.0Z

16 years

•••
P S I D a t a - 1994. It would make for a cool mini site for a db of various tyre pressures among other possibilities, I may develop it. I nabbed it cheap enough on NS, previously an Indian based tech company.

As a side note, I'll never send an outbound email again, it's phone calls from here on in. I set up a catchall on the mail server and I get a minimum of 1,500 emails per day, to think my outbound emails get caught up in that cluster**** of spam doesn't fill me with confidence that my mails are even being read.

•••
We just need to agree to disagree.
If there is some sense in saying that a name registered 20 years ago when more high quality names ( one word, 2 keyword.. ) were available could be more valuable it needs to be pointed out that, taken on its own, the latter is a very blank statement.

A crappy domain registered 20 years ago and always renewed is still a crappy domain.

Under and SEO perspective an aged domain that has never been developed it is pretty much as good as a freshly registered one; not my words but from one of the big guy at Google.
What search engines look for is the age of the website not the age of the domain.

I am a domain investor and I look for others things before age but I guess that anyone is free to make their own choices.
Just a few years ago having and EMD was a must to rank.and domainers were saying that such thing would have never passed; it took no more than a couple of Google algorithm updates to make them close to useless.

That is why I wrote about probabilities, not certainties.

Yes, probably, 70% of 15+ year old names are crappy. But so are 98% of 1-2 year olds.

That would mean 15 times higher probability of a good name.

And of course it helps the case of the older names that universally recognized better names were taken long time ago.

•••
I think my oldest name is 420Festival.com from 2004....meh.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back