NameSilo

What if you are a billionaire?

Labeled as question in Domain Buying and Domain Purchases, started by 62.com, Jul 6, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. 62.com

62.com Established Member

Hi all,

What if you are a billionaire, how much are you going to buy domain names? And what domain names are you going to buy?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Magul

Magul White Bread is Head VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

What if you are a trillionaire?

3. richardhope

richardhope Established Member

Billionaires, I would imagine, would be less interested in haggling on price and instead focused entirely on the "big picture" (of turning the domain in to a going concern).

As for the domains they would buy, i'd venture to suggest that they would be most interested in "domain hacks", which, arguably, incorporate some of the best identities on the web...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  4. Ostrados

Ostrados EpicName.com VIP Gold Account

If I am a Billionaire I would not by any domains I would buy Godaddy then ban HD from auctions :xf.cool:

5. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

If I'm a billionaire Domains are the last thing I'm buying. I'm ballin outta control till they find my body in a ditch.

6. M Usman

M Usman Established Member

I think billion dollars are more than enough to enjoy your whole life without doing anything.

7. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

If I were a billionaire, I would be less concerned with buying domains and focus more on helping others. After all, I am not small enough to 'fit through the eye of a needle'.

Many 'preachers' will have difficulty in making that transition as well...Copeland, Jakes, Furtick, Robertson, etc. might consider how/why they gained their wealth.

(okay, I will admit I would pick up as many 2L and 3L (that spell a word) as possible...just as an investment. :xf.smile:)

8. J Sokol

J Sokol Top Contributor VIP

I guess I'd go to space like the rest of them do.

9. redemo

redemo Established Member

I'd buy all @Reddstagg's hyphenated domain names at full price and redirect them to Namepros chat.

10. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Top Contributor VIP

You can't be far off a millionaire (if not already) owning the domain you do (62 dot com).

But to answer you question, if i was a billionaire i probably wouldn't think about domains too much, but if one of 2 really great single word .com's became available i would no doubt try to buy, but i wouldn't be highly involved in domain investing, i wouldn't even with $5 million in the bank.

I've always said 'i want to make money on domains' not 'domains have made money on me' if you've already made it in life, there comes a time where you say 'how much more?' will having $15 million in the bank change your life in any way to $10 million your bank balance already says? No it wouldn't, but you could lose some of those millions if you invest heavly in premium domains and one day domain names become redundant.

11. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

Maybe I am billionaire, maybe not.

If I am a billionaire, I would buy the domain name that contains the highest possible number of the term "top" (if I would not own it already) to become a topionaire (if I would not be it already).

If I am not a billionaire, I would at least try to buy it.

12. BrandPlease

BrandPlease BrandPlease.com VIP Gold Account

Myself, I would take my billionS - 1 billion is clearly not enough & purchase @DOMAIN ILLUMINATI 's top - top name with the top number of tops in the name. Just so I could enjoy the "I told you so" messages you would all get from there forward! - that would be very fun to read! haha

13. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

i would buy the New York Knicks.

14. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

well an ongoing billionaire would have a business of some sort or why would they have billions anyway? That said, i would probably buy domains with my company name in them. Then i would buy my third house in the Caymans and walk over to Frank Schillings house and give him my chicken casserole recipe. lol. :)

PS except in the Caymans i probably would change the recipe to jerk chicken casserole. lol.

15. jhm

jhm Glazed

Is that US Dollars or Iranian Rial?

16. DrJacoby

DrJacoby Established Member

I would buy the .online registry and then delete the whole thing just to read all the comments on NamePros about @ThatNameGuy and his "great" domain investment skills. :xf.grin:

17. Reddstagg

Reddstagg The-Billionaire.com VIP Gold Account

LOL. You couldn't afford me. I'm not that cheap. Anyway, by the time that happens I would have sold them all anyways.

Dreamers dream. Schemers scheme...hyphens never sleep.

18. redemo

First buy top.top. Then create subdomain top.top.top. Then add folder top.top.top/top. Finally add a page all about .top names top.top.top/top/top(.php). Would love to know what google algorithm makes of that.

19. Ostrados

Ostrados EpicName.com VIP Gold Account

Then hire an army of programmers (because you are a billionaire and can afford it) to create a new programming language from scratch and call it TOP
    So that url becomes:
    top.top.top/top/top(.top)

20. Dot.us

Dot.us Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

If i will have at least 10 billions USD/EUR/GBP (but never happrn in this life) i will buy all top domains in .com , .net , .org , eu , .us .co , .uk etc..
    I think 10 billions will be enough :dead::-P:xf.grin::xf.smile::joyful:
    I am good with what i have right now in my life

21. richardhope

richardhope Established Member

I agree. I also think a topionaire is much rarer than a billionaire, and your highest combination "top" name is a domain I dare not even refer to in full, such is the reverence I hold for it...

And to all you budding topionaires out there, I say, try your very hardest to be among the "top"... You all know the domain you have to beat!

22. redemo

If the page in your new programming language was a sub category page about hyphenated top names it would be top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.top. Surely that would be the top?

23. Reddstagg

Reddstagg The-Billionaire.com VIP Gold Account

Say what you will, but I bet every single 3 letter word hyphenated has already been hand registered by like minded individuals who share my top tips for getting to the top.

24. The Durfer

heres the question, would youve rather had the billions when you were born, or had gotten to 30 or 40 accumulating the billions?

i think i wouldve chosen being older, that way you know two worlds instead of one. :)

25. The Durfer

either way, playing golf with Bill Gates would be on my list. lol. :)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice