IT.COM

question What if you are a billionaire?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

62.com

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

What if you are a billionaire, how much are you going to buy domain names? And what domain names are you going to buy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I'm a billionaire Domains are the last thing I'm buying. I'm ballin outta control till they find my body in a ditch.

Wow oh, are you a domainer now? If so, what's the reason of being a domainer? Happy to have your story here.:xf.grin:

•••
I think billion dollars are more than enough to enjoy your whole life without doing anything.

Yes, but it also depends on what kind of life you want to have. what if someone want to own more things than billion dollars?:xf.embarrassed:

•••
•••
If I were a billionaire, I would be less concerned with buying domains and focus more on helping others. After all, I am not small enough to 'fit through the eye of a needle'.

Many 'preachers' will have difficulty in making that transition as well...Copeland, Jakes, Furtick, Robertson, etc. might consider how/why they gained their wealth.

(okay, I will admit I would pick up as many 2L and 3L (that spell a word) as possible...just as an investment. :xf.smile:)

I think you are a warm-hearted person. In my opinion, all details you done for others are enough to "fit through the eye of a needle". There is no big or small from one person's kindness.
Investing 2L and 3L dot com domain names is a great choice, I think, short and catchy(y).

•••
•••
I would buy million dollar domains to host memes at that point lol

•••
•••
I'd buy k******.com back from you. :xf.grin:

•••
I'd buy:

Shorts.com
FlipFlops.com
SunGlasses.com
FiveStars.com
Allinclusive.com

I will not even need T-shirt.com

•••
You can't be far off a millionaire (if not already) owning the domain you do (62 dot com).

But to answer you question, if i was a billionaire i probably wouldn't think about domains too much, but if one of 2 really great single word .com's became available i would no doubt try to buy, but i wouldn't be highly involved in domain investing, i wouldn't even with $5 million in the bank.

I've always said 'i want to make money on domains' not 'domains have made money on me' if you've already made it in life, there comes a time where you say 'how much more?' will having $15 million in the bank change your life in any way to $10 million your bank balance already says? No it wouldn't, but you could lose some of those millions if you invest heavly in premium domains and one day domain names become redundant.

Hi,why do you think one day domain names become redundant? Thank you for your answer.:xf.wink:

•••
Maybe I am billionaire, maybe not.

If I am a billionaire, I would buy the domain name that contains the highest possible number of the term "top" (if I would not own it already) to become a topionaire (if I would not be it already).

If I am not a billionaire, I would at least try to buy it.

Interesting.:xf.laugh:

•••
If i will have at least 10 billions USD/EUR/GBP (but never happrn in this life) i will buy all top domains in .com , .net , .org , eu , .us .co , .uk etc..
I think 10 billions will be enough :dead::-P:xf.grin::xf.smile::joyful:
I am good with what i have right now in my life

I can say that you are addictive to domain investment. And I guess domain names give you more than what you have right now.(y)(y)(y)

•••
•••
•••
Follow the Charlie Sheen lifestyle, then realize it's shallow n doesn't lead to happiness, give up everything and become a Buddhist monk.
That's what will reasonably happen with me!

•••
Hi, May I know more about the "domain hacks" you mentioned? thank you.:-P

Of course. I am happy to comment further on "domain hacks", and have sent you a private message to explain what they are in a little more detail.

Actually, I am only on this forum because of domain hacks...

•••
If I'm a billionaire, I would buy Billion.com

•••
If I'm a billionaire, I would buy Billion.com

I agree with the sentiment, if not the domain...

And I think, if only as a mark of achievement, a luxurious (perhaps home-based) artwork that is based on a domain that incorporates the word "billionaire", would be a great thing indeed. And this is something that could be highly-desired by anyone who has achieved that level of wealth.

I hesitate to refer to such a domain, specifically, as I don't want to risk inflaming anyones pro ".com" affiliations!

•••
Hi,why do you think one day domain names become redundant? Thank you for your answer.:xf.wink:

Nothing last forever, tech is constantly evolving and so will how people connect/navigate the internet.

Domains have had 30 years, not much as changed much in how we navigate it (other than faster connections and the rise of apps/smartphones last 10 years) but i think 30 years into the future the internet is going to look very different.

Last edited:
•••
If I were a billionaire I would pay my bills and get rid of all debt. Diversify assets. Start a bank. Always have an ongoing portfolio and get a boat.

•••
- Give all my names to Namepros members
- Buy all the Domain Forums and close them
- Buy more wives and move to Las Vegas
- Die

In that order.

•••
1 billion is clearly not enough & purchase @DOMAIN ILLUMINATI 's top - top name with the top number of tops in the name.
You are absolutely right, 1 billion would indeed not enough to buy it.

Therefore I have to correct my post in which I wrote that I would buy it (in case I would not own it already) in case I am a billionaire (maybe I am not a billionaire (doesn't matter as a topionaire)).

Thank you for your post, may you become richer every day.

First buy top.top. Then create subdomain top.top.top. Then add folder top.top.top/top. Finally add a page all about .top names top.top.top/top/top(.php). Would love to know what google algorithm makes of that.
It is definitely not possible to reach a higher (nor at least the same) number of "top" within a domain name (than a certain domain name contains) with the the domain name "top.top", not matter how many sub domains you would add (because every dot is counted in regards to the possible character limits of domain names within the DNS of the WWW of the internet).

Added "top's" (or folders, anchors etc.) don't count since they are technically not part of a domain name, they are part of the URL and thus they are not critical.

Only the "top's" within the domain name itself are critical.

Then hire an army of programmers (because you are a billionaire and can afford it) to create a new programming language from scratch and call it TOP
So that url becomes:
top.top.top/top/top(.top)
Even if this would be realized (and all "top's" within the URL (instead of only within the domain name) would be counted), it would not be possible to reach a higher (or at least the same) number of "top" than a certain domain name has because of the reasons above.

... I also think a topionaire is much rarer than a billionaire, and ...
Your thought makes totally sense and if one think it further, it leads to the answer about what is the main difference between billionaires and a topionaire.

While billionaires can and exist more than one (as we know), a topionaire can exist only once (otherwise it would not be a topionaire).

Simply because it is (technically) always possible to add money to someone(s pocket / bank account etc.) until he is a(nother) billionaire while it is technically not possible to add as many "top's" as needed to someones domain name until he is another topionaire because of the above mentiones reasons.

@Ostrados Can you get your developers to modify the programming language extension name from .top to .toptop? Then our page would be top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop
A ".toptop(top(top(top...)" - TLD (instead of the existing ".top" - TLD) would not change the total allowed number of characters within a domain name of the DNS of the WWW of the internet.

In other words, such a TLD would not increase the total number of "top's" within a domain name.

The longer the TLD, the shorter (lower) will be the (number of) sub level domain(s).

If I had one billion dollars, I would buy four billion .top domains.
I don't think so.

One billion is not enough to do so.

And even if it would be enough, then even 4 billion .top domain names together won't make you the topionaire if a certain domain name isn't included.

@Ostrados, if this is going to be top top name of all time we need some hyphens in the S.L.D. to add some more top's. Do you prefer top.t-o-p.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top or top.top-top-top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top?
For your information, the domain names t-o-p.top and top-top-top.top are already under my control and not for sale, thus you have to discard your idea (which would anyhow not lead to a domain name that would top a certain domain name).

Maybe invent a new internet protocol then call it TOP then you will get:

top://top.top.top/top/top.top?top=top#top
I have to admit, "top://" (instead of "https://") would be awesome (but since this isn't existing at all in the DNS of the WWW of the interent, it is not critical in regards to the number of "top's").

And there we have it. The top top of all time is top://top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top. Thanks to @Ostrados for unmatched topskills.
Let's be honest, that's rather unmatched nonsense (in regards of the attempt to top a certain a domain name).

If I was a billionaire I would probably not be worried about domain names, and working to use my wealth to make other people's quality of life better.
Thats sure the best intention, of course I would try to do the same if I was a billionaire (in case I am not a billionaire).

Maybe I am a billionaire already and I do it already (or maybe I am not a billionaire and I do it already (as a topionaire) in a way that doesn't depend on money (but on "top's")).

This way or another, helping others is always a good idea - no matter how much money (or how many "top's") you own.

Last edited:
•••
@DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Is pot.top a good name since pot.top can be read the same forwards or backwards including either side of transparent glass (but unfortunately not upsides down) so almost perfect for advertising the top pot? Do you think pot.top is the world's top pot domain name?

Last edited:
•••
Maybe I am billionaire, maybe not.

If I am a billionaire, I would buy the domain name that contains the highest possible number of the term "top" (if I would not own it already) to become a topionaire (if I would not be it already).

If I am not a billionaire, I would at least try to buy it.

I clicked on that super long toptoptop""".top name in your sig, cuz that looked funny as hell. I was seriously laughing. When I was looking at it on the Sedo sales page , it was such a long name that eventually my eyes changed it to PTOPTOPTO (paid time off). Thank you for the laugh :)

•••
- Give all my names to Namepros members
- Buy all the Domain Forums and close them
- Buy more wives and move to Las Vegas
- Die

In that order.

I agree, i would buy namepros too but keep it open.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back