IT.COM

question What if you are a billionaire?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

62.com

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

What if you are a billionaire, how much are you going to buy domain names? And what domain names are you going to buy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've already got the domain name...all I need now is the money...shoe meet the honey...show you...no...show me $$$

•••
I've already got the domain name...all I need now is the money...shoe meet the honey...show you...no...show me $$$
Exactly. Whoohoo! :)

•••
@Ostrados Can you get your developers to modify the programming language extension name from .top to .toptop? Then our page would be top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop

•••
@Ostrados Can you get your developers to modify the programming language extension name from .top to .toptop? Then our page would be top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop

Just realised that we'd need an on page anchor as well so it would be top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop#top. That must be the absolute top?

Last edited:
•••
Just realised that we'd need an on page anchor as well so it would be top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop#top. That must be the absolute top?

Add to that a query ?top=top
And you will get
top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top
😂

•••
And you will get
😂

That's impressive mate. It's gonna need something really special to top that! Don't wanna be boring and go for a second sub domain. I'll be back once I've spoken to Arnie.

Last edited:
•••
And you will get
😂

Arnie says we need a sub category within the anchor and you get
top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top
:alien3:

•••
If I am a Billionaire I would not by any domains I would buy Godaddy then ban HD from auctions :xf.cool:

What is HD? Sorry I am new to this O_o

•••
•••
•••
•••
If I had one billion dollars, I would buy four billion .top domains.

•••
start my own registry and offer affordable(no profit) backorder services just to cover the running costs
a big f you to the current monopoly

•••
@Ostrados, if this is going to be top top name of all time we need some hyphens in the S.L.D. to add some more top's. Do you prefer top.t-o-p.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top or top.top-top-top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top?

•••
@Ostrados, if this is going to be top top name of all time we need some hyphens in the S.L.D. to add some more top's. Do you prefer top.t-o-p.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top or top.top-top-top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top?

Too many good choices but I prefer no hyphens to make top of the top quality of the top ulrs.

Maybe invent a new internet protocol then call it TOP then you will get:

top://top.top.top/top/top.top?top=top#top

Last edited:
•••
Too many good choices but I prefer no hyphens to make top of the top quality of the top ulrs.

Maybe invent a new internet protocol then call it TOP then you will get:

top://top.top.top/top/top.top?top=top#top

I bow to your topskills mate. Should we make your new internet protocol secure to avoid search engine penalties? tops://top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top. Or is the P secure?

•••
I bow to your topskills mate. Should we make your new internet protocol secure to avoid search engine penalties? tops://top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top. Or is the P secure?

top:// is inherently secure because it is THE top protocol :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
top:// is inherently secure because it is THE top protocol :xf.grin:

And there we have it. The top top of all time is top://top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top. Thanks to @Ostrados for unmatched topskills. Goodbye and goodnight.

•••
And there we have it. The top top of all time is top://top.top.top/top/top-top/top-top.toptop?top=top#top-top. Thanks to @Ostrados for unmatched topskills. Goodbye and goodnight.

Topnight mate

•••
If I was a billionaire I would probably not be worried about domain names, and working to use my wealth to make other people's quality of life better.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

What if you are a billionaire, how much are you going to buy domain names? And what domain names are you going to buy?

Most expensive domains are usually trademarked by multi billionaire companies. For instance, in order to buy cnn.com I would likely have to buy the cnn company as a package which would come with their domain name/website as well as buildings, machinery, equipments, bank accounts, everything. Domain names are almost nothing without financially rich companies behind them. If I was billionaire I would buy companies. Buying shares from stock exchanges would be easier as it would require minimum paper work. So I would buy shares, wouldn't buy domain names.

•••
•••
•••
Billionaires, I would imagine, would be less interested in haggling on price and instead focused entirely on the "big picture" (of turning the domain in to a going concern).

As for the domains they would buy, i'd venture to suggest that they would be most interested in "domain hacks", which, arguably, incorporate some of the best identities on the web...

Hi, May I know more about the "domain hacks" you mentioned? thank you.:-P

•••
If I am a Billionaire I would not by any domains I would buy Godaddy then ban HD from auctions :xf.cool:

It sounds like you hate HD from auctions on Godaddy. May I know the reason? Thank you:happy:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back