IT.COM

poll What extensions do you own a single domain name in that TLD?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are there extensions that you hold only a single domain name in?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    92.8%
  • No

votes
    4.0%
  • Not right now, but in the past I did

votes
    3.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
I suspect that for most of us the vast majority of our portfolio is across just a few TLDs, perhaps entirely in .com or .com and one country code in some cases.

But I bet many investors have a few outliers too, a single domain name in a certain extension.

Please share below, if you wish to reveal, what name you have, and why you have it, even though you hold nothing else in that TLD.

Here are rules:
  1. You must currently have only a single name in that TLD.
  2. You may make multiple posts, but please just put one domain name in any one post, to facilitate discussion.
  3. If you want to share sales of the only name you had in a certain TLD, that is OK too, although this is primarily for sharing what you hold not what you sold.
Look forward to seeing what people have? :xf.smile:

Don't be shy!

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Microsite . xyz

I was going to develop it into a placeholder website or selling simple website templates.

Last edited:
•••
OK maybe I will start. I have several but this is one. The only .technology domain name I have ever held, as I recall, is this one I currently have:

p r i v a t e . t e c h n o l o g y

I did not put a ton of thought into the hand registration, but I think that security and privacy will continue to be really major trends for many years. I saw that this could be used in multiple ways, like venture capital for privately held technology companies, services to keep your details private on technology platforms, secure transactions, etc.

Mainly I like nice matches across dot and this one struck me as strong. A quotation mark Google search confirms that, with 575,000 results (normally when use exact search with quotations don't get ton of results - it is 8.8 billion without the quotation marks.

Please share your examples!

Bob

PS remember to encode them some say if you don't want the names Google searchable.

Last edited:
•••
Fusion . company

Like it for potential food or energy use....🤔🙂

•••
I had hoped we would get a few more entries in this thread.

I actually sold (just lowish $$$) a domain name in an extension that I only ever held a single domain name.
C a n a d i a n . r e d
Because red and white are the classic colours in our flag and sports uniforms etc., I thought the .red extension was a nice match. The buyer does not seem to actively use it, maybe an investor? (sold it through Sedo so don't know the buyer). Sold it within half a year of registering it. I am not sure I will register any more .red, but if it ever dropped would definitely pick this one up again.

Please share some names you hold or have sold that are your only holdings in that extension.

Bob

•••
•••
•••
trip.photo

Even though due to corona travel industry is slowed down, but no one can deny the potential of travel industry. I along with that combined photo because we are living in social media world and constant sharing of moments of life(travel life).

As a whole I like the potential of the domain and price it can get.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Buried.Gold - I am starting to develop, with the intent of dropshipping metal detectors, magnets for magnet fishing and relevant supplies. I want to work on dropshipping, and shopify/oberlo seems to have automated a lot of the work, so it might become a shopify site down the road.

Last edited:
•••
Stock.Loans have a background in stocks and bonds and it was the only band on match keyword .loans I liked or wasn't taken already.

•••
•••
•••
MMJ (.) one

Medical Marijuana

•••
•••
•••
Love //.// Graphics

Registered this combination with no particular end-user in mind.
Could be about inspirational Love quotes, or for a Graphic Design Firm.

What can be wrong with registering some Love, somewhere in TLD space?
Especially when the investment is just a ~$35/year.

•••
ZeroTouch.Delivery
Either no touch delivery of software builds or covid induced touch free save delivery app... I love this name.

•••
•••
•••
Cannabis.care

Obviously got it because Cannabis is a hot keyword, but with the many medical uses for Cannabis, I feel care is relevant to such.

Last edited:
•••
photogr.app

It is basically photograpH without the H and a P added.

Photograph App

It is supposed to be a geo location photography app that displays where the photo was taken.

I have it in .app .com & .ca

It is my only .app domain I purchased it as a photography app domain to go along with...

photograpp_paper.jpg

photograpp_collage.png

Last edited:
•••
I had hoped we would get a few more entries in this thread.

I actually sold (just lowish $$$) a domain name in an extension that I only ever held a single domain name.
C a n a d i a n . r e d
Because red and white are the classic colours in our flag and sports uniforms etc., I thought the .red extension was a nice match. The buyer does not seem to actively use it, maybe an investor? (sold it through Sedo so don't know the buyer). Sold it within half a year of registering it. I am not sure I will register any more .red, but if it ever dropped would definitely pick this one up again.

Please share some names you hold or have sold that are your only holdings in that extension.

Bob

I actually own the com and ca version of that one.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back