Watch
Impact
A domain I'm interested in says.

Updated Date: 03-feb-2005
Creation Date: 09-feb-2002
Expiration Date: 09-feb-2007

Does that mean it won't drop till 2007?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Registrar-lock mean the domain cannot be transferred to another registrar.

•••
Registrar-Lock is the RRP expression for not being able to transfer a domain to another registry (the domain is locked). In org domains however can now also see the following (thanks to PIR - Public Interest Registry):

•••
Registrar lock means that there can not been made any changes to the domain, like a domain transfer or name server updates.

•••
Actually, everyone has valid answers, but I believe in your case, the registrar-lock means that nothing can be done to your site without your approval.

•••
If you are looking for when/if a domain is available, look at its expriery date. This will give you a good idea on when you can get it. You only need to think about registry-lock if a) you own the domain and want to sell it or b) you want to buy it off the woner

•••
yes - "poordoggie" has it. sorry i was prob a bit vague on "nothing can be done to your site." let me clarify that it refers to sales, transfers, etc...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back