IT.COM

What do you look for in hosting

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
As domianers, what do you look for when choosing a hosting company? And what do you consider fair for a price per month/year to host more then one domain?

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need simple domain web hosting account - that is not difficult to find ass there are plenty of them
Good luck

•••
Yes there are plenty of them

•••
You should always make sure the cost is worth it. make sure your getting the total allocated amount. many "unlimited" hosts our there now a days

•••
It seems obvious, but make sure they can keep their servers running and there is some hope they will be around for a while. Always have a second hosting source so when one goes down you have a familiar place to move to. Never register your domains at the same place you get your hosting.

•••
Stability in all meanings and directions: customer service, uptime, support etc

•••
Their servers stability and check on feedbacks by clients in forums and so on. Do bear in mind that not all reviews are true..

•••
Stability,uptime and above all top quality support. You should do a very keen research yourself on the host before sign up and that is a very important point. Any thing close to $5/ month is a reasonable price for reliable hosting IMO. Yearly hosting prices will be less but it seems it is better to go for monthly if you are not too sure about the service you are going to get. Then one of the basic things to remember is to maintain and update your own back ups irrespective of your provider offers backup or not.

•••
Company history

I look to see if the company has been around for at least several months.

Server location and datacenter are also important.

No proxy or other type of service allowed on servers.

•••
Months? Or years? Sometimes people interested in getting that for years...
But I think that isn really good approach

•••
DreamHost aka deadhost or dyinghost terminated my account for no reason and all my email went unanswered. Have been with DH for 9 yrs.

I learned my lesson, now my hosting is in the city I live in, have a live tech support and I know where they are located.

best of all, supporting the local economy.

Stay away from DH when the support is only email and their Cpanel is not standardized.

•••
Lot;s of things are important such as disk/Band with/# of hosted domains/Uptime/Server Speed/Support ... and price about $4-$8 per month is reasonable i think depended on service quality,
there are lot's of companies , be sure then try them,
also check their Money Back guarantee which could be very helpful

•••
Few important details,

Review about the provdier
Network lookup
Identity lookup, importantly contact page. may part timers around to fool you
Support quality
plan flexibility to match my reuirement

•••
Few important details,

Network lookup
Identity lookup, importantly contact page. may part timers around to fool you
Support quality
plan flexibility to match my requirement

•••

A slight modification mate reliable and verified reviews.:)

•••
Depends. Actually I'm paying 10 USD per month. Basically I expect for that money that I can run multiple domains, a few hundred gigs space and bandwith, c-panel and a good support.

But most of all I would expect that my sites are online and loading in a acceptable time. One may say that's needless to mention. But infact there are hosts outhere which cannot manage even that.

•••
The price you are paying that is vital index. But the price should be relevant to your usages. I suppose that is very vital as well

•••
I would like to choose packages with a reasonable price. I mean never go for one with huge amount of resources and a low price.

•••
Quality support - security - speed are the main concerns for me.
While price is the last option in the list.

Having a good host gives you the piece of mind.

•••
Having a good host gives you the piece of mind.

Really true. Being with a good host help you to avoid so many headaches. That help you to build a long term hosting experience rather than jumping around various hosts due to lots of issues.

•••
Matt I agree with you, but if that web host is good for you that can be not good fopr friend of you. In this case that everyone has to do own research and gain own experience to get finally good web host for him personally.

•••
In this case that everyone has to do own research and gain own experience to get finally good web host for him personally.

Yes true. I also believe in self research. That is the ultimate tool to find your best host.

•••
I stay away hosting that only give email support.

Bad experience with dreamhost..., all my email went unanswered.

•••
1) Website design will tell you much on what an attitude the company has towards their business;
2) 24/7 Live chat and prone customer support;
3) hosting reviews - select the companies with good reputations only to avoid various problems in the future;
4) hosting coupons - almost all well-known providers have discount coupons on their services

to be continued ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back