What do I do in this situation

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch
Impact
66
I was running a contest to pay 25.00 NP for posts on my forum. Problem is, I had a little too many glasses of red and came home and started paying everyone.

Thing is, I paid someone 2500 instead of 25.00. I think I put in 25 and pressed enter, and it defaulted to 2500

It was brought to my attention and Ive sent a PM but still no refund.

What is the protocol here? I cant take the NP back. I did pay him 2500.00, but meant to pay him 25.00.

Am I screwed? Its a new member too.

P
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
PM -RJ- ;)
 
0
•••
Did you do this 3 times ? or Did you mean to send the other guys 2500 as well ?
 
0
•••
0
•••
Phil,

PM these members again I am sure they will understand that its just a slip of the keyboard you agreed a rate and that is what they should have recieved. they should be able to refund you the difference via the the donate button on your profile.

Communities even one a large as this, in reality are very small and I am sure that nobody within would wish to be named and shamed for hanging onto payment that was not rightfully thiers.

A good reputation is hard won and easily lost! hopefully the will realise that it is not worth trying to get away with the spoils of an innocent mistake.
 
0
•••
I think that you have to PM them to. I guess they must unbderstand situation.
 
0
•••
philfischer said:
No, the payment was 25.00 NP total. and I overpaid him. OMG, I just looked and it looks like I overpaid 4 people.

Good grief. its my fault.

P
4 people.. lol ..

do keep us posted on the outcome
 
0
•••
How could the guy possibly have spent it?

Did he ask for it to be transferred to Paypal, admins?

Did he buy a NP Clicks campaign? 6 Domains? Send it to another member?

Perhaps the guy has two accounts and sent it to himself...

I checked the thread btw, the cheeky git tried to get 25NP$ twice!

2 Days and counting...
 
0
•••
When you send NP$ next time, just type in 25, instead of 25.00
 
0
•••
0
•••
Bad Business Ethics ? - Yes (If NP is not returned of course)

I can promise you that a tiny percentage of NamePros holds this shoddy business ethics.

I will PM these members, but i am not holding my breath.
As per releasing information - when bans have been made in the past the users info has been publicly displayed, so i don't see why not, but of course i don't want to go above myself.
 
0
•••
The administrators here are very effcient here at NamePros, The possibility an investigation into this may possibly be going on, There are serveral things that may be happing, Give admin ample time to get this sorted out, I understand your position, And i know it sux, Just hang tight, There is a possibility that admin might not be able to do anything about this, They need concrete evidence, and you did send and give those people the NP$'s, I feel sure if there is anything that can be done, Admin will certainly take care of it as swiftly as possible, They always do.

Scammers Are Scum! >:(
 
0
•••
I just dont understand how three out of four people are running away with the NP$.
 
0
•••
Scammers Are Scum!

That's not really fair since these people just recieved an innocent windfall. Scammers imho isn't what they are. Just dishonest people with low ethics.

If this was my site...I would correct the problem for you but I wouldn't give you the whole 2500...I would give you 2000 from each...this way your penalized for your mistake and they should be happy keeping a double payment.

Either way it looks like their accounts are suspended.

And this is imho one reason why having a decimal point in the NP$ system is dangerous.
 
0
•••
That's not really fair since these people just recieved an innocent windfall.
Depends on how you look at it. If a bank mistakenly puts $2500 in your account, you don't have the choice to give back $2000 and keep $500 to teach them a lesson. $NP are money, too.
 
0
•••
Phil, sucks that these guys aren't straight up with you and willing to pay back.

I tried to buy a domain from a member here and sent $22 PAYPAL to a Google email that was very similar to his. I realized my mistake about 30 seconds after I sent the Paypal and emailed the guy requesting a refund. He sent the $22 back to almost immediately. What a stand up guy...I so appreciated his honesty.

Anyway, as a way of easing your pain a tad, have forwarded my NP's to your account...I really don't have many and can't do much with it so I figured what the heck...might as well give 'em to you.

210 NP bucks sent.
 
0
•••
verbster said:
Depends on how you look at it. If a bank mistakenly puts $2500 in your account, you don't have the choice to give back $2000 and keep $500 to teach them a lesson. $NP are money, too.


I think you are looking at it wrong.. it was a mistake that he did it.. its not about "teaching whoever a lesson" its about morals and ethics.. he works damn hard for his money and its a shame when people are dis honest about this..


but I can't change your mind.. its the way you see things I guess, but when this happens to you don't expect me to be on your side :)
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back