IT.COM

discuss What can be the coolest 3 letter generic .COM name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was wondering what would be the coolest 3 letter generic .COM domain name for general purpose usage (like for an app/site or for a brand). Tell me except: SEX.com. U.S. had AOL, India has JIO, so.. I'm searching for such cool names. (It doesn't matter if its in use/parked ,etc.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The.com

Last edited:
•••
www . com

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Isnt “www” getting cut out some URL links?

Disagree; “www” will go way of Dodo bird imo

Less is more
Although the "www" is technically obsolete in most cases, it will stay as long as the world wide web stays.
The "www" has its place in the collective memory, it is one of the most well known acronyms ever.

So it is mainly a question of style to display the "www" in the domain name or not.

For me, in perfect "left.right" - combination - domain names or "hack" - domain names I don't display the "www" while in "common" domain names that end with an "universal" TLD (i. e. ".top", ".com", "xyz") I prefer to display the "www" since the domain name looks somehow uncomplete without it.

However, if the "www" - version is visually not used in a domain name, then it is highly recommended to use it at least as forwarder to the non "www" - version; otherwise you may lose visits.

Back to the latest 3 letter ".com" - domain name I posted ("www . com") - this domain name may cause confusion for those who are not familiar with domain names (99 % of population) - but at end it is definitely one of - if not the - coolest 3 letter ".com" - domain name in my opinion 🚀

Regarding "less is more", I would say that this domain name is actually the epitome of this saying (regarding domain names) since the "www" and the "com" are "sharing" the dot (between the "www" and the "com") which leaves the awesome (!) impression that there is even NO "registered" 2nd level domain at all (!) because the fact that the "www" is normally the 3rd level domain (which isn't the case here since the "www" is the 2nd level domain here) - except you add another (second) "www" as 3rd level domain - like @Ostrados did above (which I agree looks like a typo - no, even more, it "destroys" the original attractiveness completely).

www.com is not pretty when written as www.www.com (looks like typo lol)
If I would own this domain name, I would definitely display only the 2nd level "www" with the TLD ("www . com") but not another (second) "www" as 3rd level domain ("www . www . com" (which was (and possibly still is) the case at the time when I posted this post; both versions are displayed) - which I definitely would use as a forwarder to "www . com") = problem solved, no one will get it displayed in the "wrong" way.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ask.Com

Because, humans always ask questions, so nothing is more valuable than Ask.com in 3L according to me.

•••
I own hyphenated lll .com : S-AN dot COM
1) San is the honorific word in japanese
2) Storage Area Network
3) San Antonio, San Francisco, San Diego.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back