Domain Empire

3 letter names - What is the Value Now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I see that the prices have shot up again, and I'm not sure what the average price is nowadays for 3 letter names with

.com
.net
.org
.biz
.us
.info

extension.

Looking for guidelines for crappiest names.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of March 25, 2006:

3-Letter .com - $2250 (+ $300 since February 27, 2006 report)
3-Letter .net - $375 (+ $40 since February 27, 2006 report)
3-Letter .org - $150 (+ $5 since February 27, 2006 report)
3-Letter .info - $90 (+ $5 since February 27, 2006 report)
3-Letter .biz - $35
3-Letter .us - $35 (+ $5 since February 27, 2006 report)
The quality of the letter composition can play a significant role in determining 3-letter valuations. General concensus states that the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T are considered premium letters. Other lesser high quality letters include: J, K, U, V, W. Lower quality letters include: Q, X, Y, Z. Domains selling for less than the above figures would represent a strong buy in today's market. Premium letter only domains tend to fetch a 500% to 600% premium (or more) over the Minimum Wholesale Price. Mixed letter quality domains have valuations somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

yeah 3character.com price guide is a good place to refer

•••
IMO 3char is way low in the .net, .info, and .org extensions (I haven't followed the .com's enough to know if that is an accurate #). The .us and .biz are about right. If you can find a LLL.net, .info, or .org at those prices I'd be very surprised!

•••
fonzie that is based on the crappiest letter combinations at the wholesale level, zqv.org is not really that desirable, but you're right would be higher for anything decent. The purpose of the guide is the cheapest if you had LLL and were just looking to blow out. But I am going to add a domainer element with a LLL poll.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back