Dynadot

question-answered What are your views on the WML feature of SH?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Does it make sense to build a website with SH's WML feature?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • YES

vote
    33.3%
  • NO

vote
    33.3%
  • I DON'T KNOW

vote
    33.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Annawork

Established Member
Impact
I want to set up a website for my domains.
And do you think it makes sense to use SH's WML for this?

What are the pros and cons of this feature of SH?
Can you write your thoughts on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's simple, free and they are constantly adding new features. Nothing comparable tbh, although I enjoyed Efty in the past. But what they are offering for free is unmatched.

•••
the downside is their branding on your page... there's the less obvious branding option and the all over the place branding, no way to fully get away from it.

Last edited:
•••
the downside is their branding on your page... there's the less obvious branding option and the all over the place branding, no way to fully get away from it.

That is true. In return though, you have the ability to display and promote their entire domain portfolio, and receive a cut for each sale coming through your site. The SH branding might even work in your favour, as it adds legitimacy. I decided to have no issues with this and rather embraced it.

•••
Then there is no need for long efforts to set up a website.
Doesn't it make sense to use WHL without experiencing software and many other problems?

•••
This market like all others is not a cure all. It doesn’t mean your domain will sell any faster, you have to pay for logos and extras for the full benefit (I believe 8 bucks a domain or take a much higher commish to SH) so I disagree that anything is “free”.

Really no more innovative or cheaper than DAN (with ANY upgrades), no better at selling than Afternic or Sedo or GoDaddy.

As always, it comes down to the caliber of your names. Self promotion will be needed too as they aren’t “seen” like the premium market is other then direct type in.

Its a nice feature but not much different than the various other choices.

•••
This market like all others is not a cure all. It doesn’t mean your domain will sell any faster, you have to pay for logos and extras for the full benefit (I believe 8 bucks a domain or take a much higher commish to SH) so I disagree that anything is “free”.

Really no more innovative or cheaper than DAN (with ANY upgrades), no better at selling than Afternic or Sedo or GoDaddy.

As always, it comes down to the caliber of your names. Self promotion will be needed too as they aren’t “seen” like the premium market is other then direct type in.

Its a nice feature but not much different than the various other choices.

Caliber of your names, that's given. If you have shit you'll never sell. DAN is great, but OP asked about a WLM, which DAN does not offer.

•••
Last edited:
•••
In the answers provided, it is stated that validation can be made with TXT, except for name presentations.
Doesn't that invalidate what you said?
Post number of the given answer: 8344722

I know nothing is free.
When many people use WLM, SH is showing its own advertisement on many sites.
In other words, people become the branch of SH.
I can imagine what kind of problems setting up my own website can cause.
For now, I don't have enough experience and cash to set up my own website.

Although it makes sense to create a beautiful design and to establish a bridging connection to places such as Afternic, Dan, Sedo for the sale of domain names, I still need to save for the design I want.

That's why I thought of using WLM as a start.
However, I don't know what kind of problems I will have when I stop using WLM and create my own website in the future.

For instance;
I want to know if my site's analytics results will be bad, will I have problems for google search results.
Or I'm trying to find out what other possibilities that I can't think of at the moment but that you think might be the problem.

•••
The topic is still current.

•••
Back