Dynadot

new gtlds What are your '.best' domain names?

NameSilo
Watch

Most Bay

DNStudy.comTop Member
Impact
Hi All,
We know, one registrant has launch great discount for registering new '.best' (dot best).
My knowledge is very limited about this extension. But I have tried to register some new names. Such as:

cap.best
bat.best
ham.best
dew.best
nap.best
tan.best
yap.best
night.best
morning.best

So What are yours?
And, Anyone can help me (or us) to explain how about the future prospects of this extension (dot best) for global market?

Thank you...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have only 1 domain name in .best so far, but it is one of my most favourite :)
I have to admitt it is not my reg, but I have purchased it here at Namepros from one domain investor who made this very clever registration...

act.best

Act.Best.png

•••
I have only 1 domain name in .best so far, but it is one of my most favourite :)
I have to admitt it is not my reg, but I have purchased it here at Namepros from one domain investor who made this very clever registration...

act.best

Show attachment 111446

Great name...
Good Luck

•••
Great name...
Good Luck
Thanks friend :)

Btw, do you know guys about some renewal promotions for .best? So we can renew our .best names (for good price) for years to go?

•••
Thanks friend :)

Btw, do you know guys about some renewal promotions for .best? So we can renew our .best names (for good price) for years to go?
Dont know for sure. I only know ddot promo for new reg of .best only $1.99...

•••
jean.best will be used to access my profile on THE.BEST social network to launch. For the moment, I redirect it to my Twitter account.

•••
jean.best will be used to access my profile on THE.BEST social network to launch. For the moment, I redirect it to my Twitter account.
@guillon that is interesting! Do you have more info about the.best social network? I visited their site which is now in pre-registration mode.

And are you aware of some renewal or transfer promos for .best atm, maybe? So not registration promos .. as I would like to renew some of my names like 8-9 years in advance. Thank you :)

•••
I have only two .best domain names. They are my best domains in that space.

training.best
profile.best

----
trainingbest.png

----
profilebest.png

----

Regards
nameji.jpg

•••
I think the leftside of .best is going to be super important. Most likely a word that represents a category or a vertical on the left hand side gels nicely with .best.

Asking the below questions before registering .best domains will help.

1) Is the left hand side keyword represents a category or a vertical?
2) does .best make sense for that word.
3) If you are going to use the domain, what you are going to build with that brand?
4) If you put some content, can we monetize?

Thanks

•••
tomorrows.best

breakthrough athletes
human-assist tech
Betting Tips
Weather App
startups and scale-ups
etc

•••
Added another one. Just registered the below .best domain name.

hiringbest.png

•••
@guillon that is interesting! Do you have more info about the.best social network? I visited their site which is now in pre-registration mode.

And are you aware of some renewal or transfer promos for .best atm, maybe? So not registration promos .. as I would like to renew some of my names like 8-9 years in advance. Thank you :)

I pre-registered too but I can't confirm any date for now. Another service offered by the registry is brands.best (to secure portfolios of trademarks). I know that Adrien and Cyril are testing the look and feel but it is really in testing mode at the moment. The Go.best website recently changed and is now showing where to go for the latest promotion. Keep an eye on this because if a promo "suddenly" appears, my little finger tells me that it appears there first.

•••
Congrats @guillon...

•••
I pre-registered too but I can't confirm any date for now. Another service offered by the registry is brands.best (to secure portfolios of trademarks). I know that Adrien and Cyril are testing the look and feel but it is really in testing mode at the moment. The Go.best website recently changed and is now showing where to go for the latest promotion. Keep an eye on this because if a promo "suddenly" appears, my little finger tells me that it appears there first.
@guillon amazing information, thanks a lot for that!

I will check above webs and I much appreciate your information about go.best website as well. I like .best a lot, it is very nice new gTLD extension and if good renewal options are there, I will not hesitate to renew years in advance, as I some names there are simply excellent.

Imo guys have choosen good name for their brands.best .. say Hey to them from brands.international :)

•••
Guys,

I am now here to answer any questions you can have about the .Best or THE.Best social network.

Feel free to ask about anything.

•••
Hello Cyril -- Glad to see you here, welcome to NamePros!!. We really love .best domains with only exception is the renewal pricing. Is there any plan or upcoming promo for discounted deep renewals?

Personally I think the sales will shoot up if we have promos on renewals.

Last edited:
•••
Amazing...
Welcome to NamePros @Cyril.Best
Until today, I have registered more than 50 .best. Frankly, I am really interested of the name of extension (.best). It is the firs time to me to invest in .best. And I plan to add my portofolio of .best.
However, I still did not know the prospect of this 'new great extension. Would you please explain about that?

Best Regards
BabayS

•••
Glad to help.

OK so First, let me give you few information about our .Best pricing strategy as I think this is one of the big important change we made.

So;

1. On the registration side, we already set promotions with different registrars for all this year.

.Best domains were at $1 last month with OVH and this month (only valid until end of March), .Best are in promotion at $1.99 at Dynadot.com so I encourage you to benefit of this promo right now coz a lot of big names are "still" available.

2. On the renewal side, we already inform all our registrars on Feb 5th that we will get down the wholesale renewal price at $15 ! As we have a legal notice of 6 months, it means that registrars should change their .Best renewal price on 5th August max ! So it means that all the "non-premiums" domains that you register right now will be renew at $15 wholesale price next year and the years after.

Hope it helps.

•••
Glad to help.

OK so First, let me give you few information about our .Best pricing strategy as I think this is one of the big important change we made.

So;

1. On the registration side, we already set promotions with different registrars for all this year.

.Best domains were at $1 last month with OVH and this month (only valid until end of March), .Best are in promotion at $1.99 at Dynadot.com so I encourage you to benefit of this promo right now coz a lot of big names are "still" available.

2. On the renewal side, we already inform all our registrars on Feb 5th that we will get down the wholesale renewal price at $15 ! As we have a legal notice of 6 months, it means that registrars should change their .Best renewal price on 5th August max ! So it means that all the "non-premiums" domains that you register right now will be renew at $15 wholesale price next year and the years after.

Hope it helps.

"... renewal price at $15 ! As we have a legal notice of 6 months, it means that registrars should change their .Best renewal price on 5th August max ! So it means that all the "non-premiums" domains that you register right now will be renew at $15 wholesale price next year and the years after."

THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST NEWS FOR US. Thanks @Cyril.Best.

•••
Glad to help.

So;

Hope it helps.
Thanks Cyril. This is great news.

•••
•••
•••
@Cyril.Best -- tell us about THE.BEST social network. Thanks.

•••
Now, let me give you few infos about the prospects and the potential of the .Best domains.

I want first to set something clear :

.Best is not a competitor of the .com !

.Best is an additionnal domain that can be added to the .com for the end-user !

I explain :

- SMB (Small and Medium Business) or Big Corp register their trademark with a .com (or a cctld)

- The illusion of other generic tlds is that they think that trademark will replace their .com or cctlds domains with a .site, .global, .xyz, .online, or other whatever generic you want.

The truth is : they will not ! Simply coz there is no value for them to do this.

So it means that the total business/market for a generic TLD competing with the .com is a maximum of 1-3% of the .com and this is actually exacting what is is (1-5 Million max) !

- The difference with the .best is that people are not registering .Best domains on their trademark or to use it as a trademark domain (except for protection like amazon.best, kindle.best, fire.best, amazonfresh.best, ... but this is another business).

People register .Best domains on their product or service name to show they are the Best !

For instance, layerhost.com (a LA hosting company), just registered : webhosting.best

Coz guest what : people are daily looking for the Best in google : the Best restraurant, the Best hotel, the Best plumber, the Best smartphone, the Best laptop, the Best burger, the Best pizza, ....

"Best Hotel" is +40M searches / month in google !

And when you use a .Best domain, it helps rank better in SEO in Google (I will explain this in details in another post later on).

So, the potential market of .Best domains is as high as the .com market coz for a single .com domain use as a trademark there is at least a minimum of one .Best domains to register.

For instance, hilton.com could register hotels.best, nychotel.best, lononhotel.best, ...

I just sold 3K .Best domains in one day to a Big Corp last week.

Look at what we are daily selling right now for instance :

D0lEyGqWkAEgPc3.jpg:large

So, if you just make the combo of : 10k business x 10k cities = 100M domains possibilities !

The potential is just crazy because the value for the end-user in terms of usage is amazing and so for domainers also !

FYI, we are actually dealing with a big corp to sell "hotels.best+hotel.best" for $1M !

Same thing for realestate.best.

FYI, we already sold premium names for 6 digits !

And what is great is that we have a very limited list of premiums names in our reserved list so all good names are "still" available to register coz .best is new on the market.

But things are going faster, we just hit the 10K yesterday - we have deals of 40K new domains coming out and our objective is to be at 100K before the end of this year. (Without even mentionning our THE.Best social network strategy that is of 1M users=domains FY2020)

Feel free to ask about anything unclear.

Hope this helps.

Best,

CF

•••
@Cyril.Best
"People register .Best domains on their product or service name to show they are the Best !"

Yes... this ideas in my mind when I registered new names of .best

Thanks

•••
Back