NameSilo

discuss What are we called?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What would you think our demonym group should be called? (being from NamePros)

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Nameprosers (Namepros'ers)

votes
    24.0%
  • Nampers

votes
    14.0%
  • Nameproeans

votes
    6.0%
  • Something else i will mention in the thread. ty.

votes
    56.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

The Durfer

Wesley SweatmanTop Member
Impact
Ive been thinking, we are a demonym group and should be called something. Are we nameproeans, npers, nameprosers, etc? Please feel free to contribute and maybe we will vote on what we should be called as a people group. whoohoo! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NP's

Thought shorter is better......

Also has similar characteristics to Nurse Practitioner (NP's)

Assessing
Interpret & Test Data
Formulate Plans
Promotion
Does not provide in depth expertise (More training required!)

Slam dunk if you ask me.........

•••
One additional: namepeers
But honestly i think namepros is just right cause it is short from name professionals of course i m not yet at that level but i strive to arrive at it.

•••
•••
In house it has pretty much been NP'ers or NP'rs as long as I've been here.
Thats what I like to call an outstanding member, someone that has really given a detailed answer, "a :great: NP'r."
There used to be a little emo where when you typed :great: it came up Great NP'r.

Like the sign says....
To the outside world, we are Name Professionals.

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:
•••
Where has all this insecurity suddenly risen from? Why do we need a label? Can't we recognise ourselves any more?

If we really need one, how about "trainee shelf stackers"? :ROFL::ROFL:

•••
Last edited:
•••

Well, I like this one also. npr is easy to type, as is namer...maybe start a new poll once other possibilities are posted that are good suggestions. I can not come up with anything better than: npr/nper and namer

•••
@Frank.Schilling called us "Namers." :)
I had not heard this before, and really like it - the generic name for professionals who help people choose names should be namers! Let's take it back from the naming community.

As to the specific members of NamePros, my choice is Name Pros! Exactly! A community of professionals who help people name things.

Bob, Namer
One of the many Name Pros

Last edited:
•••
I like to think of myself as being

Domain Intellectual ©

One who thinks beyond the monetary values of domain names and wants to use them to do some good for Humanity and our Home Planet.

I hope I am not the only one here who wants to be a Domain Intellectual. :xf.wink:

•••
Let's joke further: Napes from Apes. :D
This for laugh no offense to anyone please.

•••
TPers :)

Oh wrong forum sorry about that, but seriously for those who think this a silly topic, I'd recommend rethinking that. Why? because isn't that what we really do?

We are all about coming up with the right name for others so why would anyone question coming up with our own name?

It just makes perfect sense because that's our true primary purpose and to deny that would just be wrong.

So I like NPers, NPs or some version of that even NP'r.

Last edited:
•••
Akin with "Star Trek" being "Trekkies" we could be "Prossies"... no hang on...

•••
Who is really care.
What you care is what your wife called you when she gets mad...

•••
The fact that nameprosers dot com has been registered since 2015 makes me want to thunk my head on my desk.

-sigh-

•••
Not to be rude, but I actually agree with biggie and Bob Hawkes

All other demonym names here rather sounds like a joke.
The only one that make sense for me is NPers, since it's the known site acronym.
But it rather is easier to just say NP Members or NamePros Members.

Personally, in my opinion, thought of this even before I saw Bob's post, if there is any really good name that should be called the members is "The Name Pros". The site name literally says it.

Anyways, at the end of the day, we'll just call everyone domainers, or maybe what johnn said. :dead:

•••
Number

We are just a number for the owner of this forum. We are called "xxx"th member. Just check you profile page URL. and defined by how many
Bob: how big is your forum?
Alice: my forum has 10k members.

Let's not take ourselves very seriously. We are just a number.

•••
•••
•••
Let's not take ourselves very seriously.
If we don't, who will?

Just check you profile page URL. and defined by how many
The ID is how accounts are stored in the database. It is important for a number of reasons, none of which are what you said, but here are a couple:
  1. Your profile can still be found if you change your username: it will not result in a 404 Not Found page.
  2. Your profile is composed of data from multiple different locations in the database (i.e., tables), and numerical (as opposed to textual) IDs are the fastest way to find all of the relevant information associated with an account. This is well understood in even the simplest of databases.

We hope that helps.

•••
Nameprosers seems like losers !!!

NP'ers should be the right one, it sounds like Snipers or something cool ... just sayin ...

Last edited:
•••
NProgress
Because we progress in this forum day after day to be Pros:artist:

Regards

•••
Ive been thinking, we are a demonym group and should be called something. Are we nameproeans, npers, nameprosers, etc? Please feel free to contribute and maybe we will vote on what we should be called as a people group. whoohoo! :)

DEMONym?

Key Name: Demon?

•••
DEMONym?

Key Name: Demon?
yea i know, yipes, demonym is defined as
a noun used to denote the natives or inhabitants of a particular country, state, city, etc.
"he struggled for the correct demonym for the people of Manchester"

•••
•••
We are at a place called NamePros build for the group called NamePros with its members being called NamePros.
We could distinguish it further if the place was just called NamePro, and its members; NamePros

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back