Dynadot

discuss How do we break the “squatter” stigma?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
My friend then said to me, “the problem with buying a domain is that there are so many people squatting on all the good .COMs” Of course as domain investors we’ve heard this all the time, so I asked him to go a step further to explain what he meant by a “squatter” – his definition was similar to what I’ve heard before, essentially anyone that owns a domain name and isn’t using it.
It’s strange isn’t it? If you bought a house in Malibu 20 years ago and sell it for 10x what you paid you’d be called a successful real estate investor. If you bought a domain name 20 years ago and sell it for 10x what you paid for it, you’d likely be called a squatter.
More importantly, how can we as domain investors break the “squatter” stigma?..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great Post THANK YOU!

Fav. quote :
“squatter” – his definition was similar to what I’ve heard before, essentially anyone that owns a domain name and isn’t using it.

I used an example that I use all the time, “can’t people buy land, a house, heck even an island, and not use it, or do what they want with it and then re-sell for a profit?”

•••
My two cents.

Break the stigma of the squatter domainer?

Domainer should follow Rick Schwartz technique and sell the domain contingent on him or her getting equity.

Some skip the lumpsum payment and opt for a 10% to 20% equity in the business that will be developed on the domain.

•••
How do we break the “squatter” stigma

you flip the mental script

------------------------------------------------------
all my squatters in da house!!

yo, yo, my squattas!
raise yo mo-fricking hands in the air and wave em like ya just don't care

cuz yo, listen up,
me and my squattas we be snipe-n, in da night'n

sniz-zatching the niz-zames like a purse snatcher

trying to beat out...
the mo-frucking driz-zop catcher

----------------------------------------------------------
in other words, you make squatter your own, adopt it as what you do

and always memba the golden rule:

sticks and stones may break my biz-zones

but calling me a squiz-zatter, will never hurt me

ya heard!

:)

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back