Dynadot

guide What are the factors decide 4 letter .com value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sohel momin

Top Member
Impact
I completed six months in domaining still I unable to figure out how much value a 4 letter.com is.
Primarily I check the Letters Premium or not.
Then I check the sales history on shortnames.com for comparable sales.
I check the domain in Google search to find relevant searches.
Still not happening

Please help to know, how one can figure out the value of ABCD.com (any letter)
What are the points which increase or decrease the value of a domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I completed six months in domaining still I unable to figure out how much value a 4 letter.com is.
Primarily I check the Letters Premium or not.
Then I check the sales history on shortnames.com for comparable sales.
I check the domain in Google search to find relevant searches.
Still not happening

Please help to know, how one can figure out the value of ABCD.com (any letter)
What are the points which increase or decrease the value of a domain?

Hi

six months....huh? wow, that's a long time. :)

six months before you started, would have been a year ago
and a year ago, I sold 4 letter.com for four figures on np

this year, I sold a 4 letter com on np in same range

neither sale is listed on historical sales sites.
there are other sales, sold by others, that don't get reported either

each, 4 L com is judged on it's on merit, by those interested in it or currently owning it
all 4 L com are not the same, words, patterns, traffic, longevity, etc, may all play a part in distinguishing them from the rest

resellers have tried o set "floor" prices for 4 L com, even using jedi mind tricks to part you from your holdings at rock bottom pricing.
and some are only worth that, too.

useability of the letters and potential of the domain as a whole, is what makes it appealing.

fading trends like Chinese Premium, blew un-usables into sellables and what was sellable, into not so much in demand.
now the script has flipped

and all is re-righting itself for western premium, again.

but that doesn't mean chips won't resurge.

still confused?
cuz it's confusing if you're just getting in and that category will be that way for a while.

imo….

Last edited:
•••
CHIPS may or may not resurge, I only sold two during the frenzy, both at x,xxx to Chinese investors via inbound Sedo. I agree with everything biggie.us said in the post, usability is the most important thing to me personally, the lowest of low quality 4L.coms will still sell due to being liquid, but if they have no use, then they are somewhat just a small trophy of sorts imo, nothing wrong with that, as long as you don’t over pay for it, the same with the rest, NNL.com - LLL.com and so on, rare, yes, usuability is everything though

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @biggie & @.X. for shed light on it. This will help me and all new aspiring domainers.

•••
Sadly, the days of hand-regging easily-pronounced and nicely-elucidated LLLL.COM are gone.

I bucked the trend fifteen years ago and held...x,xxx was too much temptation then (for some).

•••
If you have some money, it is a good time to purchase LLLL.com since prices are very low, they are a good investment.
Pronounceable llll.com are selling for good prices

•••
If you have some money, it is a good time to purchase LLLL.com since prices are very low, they are a good investment.

But remember...not all LLLLs are created equal (or, in domainers' terms, "equal.ly"). :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••

agreed, It is a buyers market right now.

•••
If it sounds like a brand name that is not created yet. IF there is an existing profit service on the domain . Alexa.com was a service related to websites traffic info. But though its sounds Alexa which is Amazon new product they purchased it.

•••
Sadly, the days of hand-regging easily-pronounced and nicely-elucidated LLLL.COM are gone.
No mate. The days of hand-regging a 4L.com are over! Period. Not specifically just prounceable or "nicely elucidated" 4Ls

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back