IT.COM

services What are best alternatives to DAN? (Since GoDaddy has bought & ruined the service as expected)

NameSilo
Watch

Maxxo

Established Member
Impact
Can anyone recommend some good alternatives to DAN that don't have such high commission fees? DAN user interface is still nice, but Godaddy really screwed the pooch with increase on commission fees from 9% to 15% and 25% for not using their nameservers. I guess that's no surprise. Too bad DAN sold out for an exit paycheck. Bummer.

I guess Efty is in a prime spot to add DAN users like me who are looking to jump ship.

Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can anyone recommend some good alternatives to DAN that don't have such high commission fees? DAN user interface is still nice, but Godaddy really screwed the pooch with increase on commission fees from 9% to 15% and 25% for not using their nameservers. I guess that's no surprise. Too bad DAN sold out for an exit paycheck. Bummer.

I guess Efty is in a prime spot to add DAN users like me who are looking to jump ship.

Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks!

Efty! Take your leads where you want ...escrow,sedo escrow,

•••
Domain.io! Take your leads where you want
I just built a namesilo button for names there. No epp code needed. Instant ownership. Start using your registrar landers. Porkbun has nice ones oink oink

•••
If you are going to pay, check out DNHat.com.

2000 names or less is only 180 a year compared to Efty which would be 864.

•••
If you are going to pay, check out DNHat.com.

2000 names or less is only 180 a year compared to Efty which would be 864.
I got an email about increase in pricing but - https://efty.com/pricing/

If you had 2,000 names at Efty it would be $720 a year. If you have 1500 or less $360 a year.

That's the amount if you pay yearly, I guess the amount you quoted is month to month.

Last edited:
•••
Interested in seeing what moves big players like @DNGear make.

Previously swetha.xyz forwarded to her Dan seller profile. Some time last year she switched to an Efty site with a Dan buy option. I believe that nets her a lower fee (5% still if I understand the changes correctly..?) as she’s importing those sales to Dan.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see other domainers do something similar.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo - bid EU company
Daaz - like Indian dan :xf.wink: I sold there on xx all was fine, auctions were useless for me
NameSilo - I like it and I hold some domains there
1672863489466.png

1672863818185.png

Last edited:
•••
I sold some domains through “domainagents.com”

•••
Squadhelp charges only 7.5% if you are after low commission. You need to list the domain as a "standard listing" in order to pay this reduced commission. You can optionally pay for an upgraded promotion opportunity, or upgrade the domain to premium listing if eligible (optional), for higher commission.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
Interested in seeing what moves big players like @DNGear make.

Previously swetha.xyz forwarded to her Dan seller profile. Some time last year she switched to an Efty site with a Dan buy option. I believe that nets her a lower fee (5% still if I understand the changes correctly..?) as she’s importing those sales to Dan.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see other domainers do something similar.

Not sure that is possible. If you click on buy it on that site, it just takes you to Dan checkout page, not a lead page to fill out the info. And in my Dan dashboard I don't see an option for something like that either.

Edit: apparently, Efty has (had?) some arrangement with Dan to qualify those as leads with 5%. Not sure how that will work now:

https://blog.efty.com/customer-support/setting-up-dan-com-integration/

Last edited:
•••
I just opened a Sav account to check out the interface. Seems mature and has lots of features. 4% commission on sales off their landers. As easy to import as domain,price. Does anyone have experience with Sav they could share?

•••
I just opened a Sav account to check out the interface. Seems mature and has lots of features. 4% commission on sales off their landers. As easy to import as domain,price. Does anyone have experience with Sav they could share?
Just look at their official thread and you'll see countless complaints on almost every of their 70+++ pages, avoid SAV like the plague.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••

But the low commission is not the be-all end-all feature you need to look for. You also need trusted landing pages. You need to build trust. Look at the SAV landing pages, would you spend there thousands of dollars as a buyer? Where's the live chat? Where's the phone number?

If you ask me, the GoDaddy or Dan landers are very good for 15% commission, they build trust because GoDaddy is a trusted brand.

Personally I don't use them, but you must not forget the trust factor. I don't use these landing pages because I only use the landing pages of Squadhelp and BrandBucket. They also build trust, but the commission is even higher (25-30%) but extra marketing and promotion is included.

I would definitely not use a lander just because of the low commission.

•••
Escrow.com needs to start offering landers.

•••
Escrow.com needs to start offering landers.

Combo Escrow up with a free Bodis sales lander. Nice way to sell domains for free. You can even park with Bodis while waiting for the sale if you'd like.

•••
Does Efty have any coupon codes?

•••
Domain.io! Take your leads where you want
I like domain.io a lot but I really want a better looking landing page. The owner is great as well but he's just too busy right now to work on the updates.

•••
Put all the lipstick you want on a pig, still a pig. Domainio landers are exactly what I want. Email. Phone. Chat widget.
Button goes right to namesilo checkout.
Efty no ssl unless you forward internally. Dorion has an efty thread here, I kept it pretty much alive.
Had acct there 5-6 years. Rip
No comparison imo

•••
Domainio landers are exactly what I want.
Does domainio import your pricing at each market place on demand or do you have to enter each price into the system?

If it it can pick up pricing automatically it would be a big plus for volume name holders.

•••
•••
Combo Escrow up with a free Bodis sales lander. Nice way to sell domains for free. You can even park with Bodis while waiting for the sale if you'd like.
Wait.. can we have bodis landers without any ads? And can we attach Escrow api to bodis?

•••
Back