Dynadot

discuss WeSellUsedCars.com for $10k. What's wrong?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 4.01.06 PM.png

I just saw this Sedo sale on Namebio. WeSellUsedCars.com sold for $10,000. This is a 4 word domain name that sold for $10,000.

What is the logic behind such a hefty price? Who buys such domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know niche well enough to know whether it was too high or not. Essentially if an end user really wants the name, that is far more important than number of words or characters, as @biggie said earlier.

Names have many characteristics, including clearly describing the product or service. I would rate this name high on clear description. Some names that go for a lot have extensive history of backlinks, do not know for this name.

I trust Sedo sales data, but as for all auctions, sometimes they don't pay, so sometimes they later get pulled from sales. I don't sense this happens as frequently there as other platforms.

When I did the analysis of 2019 .com sales of 3 or 4 word sales, there were 4 sales of 4-word names at prices of $7500 or more (compared to 45 3-word in same analysis).

For example HerHeartIsSouthern sold for just under $10k.

Bob

PS Edit did someone point out that UsedCarsForSale, similar length but better wording, probably, and much bigger search volume, but somewhat fewer advertisers, sold for $100,000 in 2017 at Uniregistry?
Agree with your thoughts.

Imagine a business using the slogan as "We Sell Used Cars" acquiring this for $10k, it isn't that big an amount considering for an established business, also considering the amount for marketing and other stuff these guys spend.

•••
Sort of like Amazon or Apple right:xf.rolleyes: Bottom line, it's the business that makes the brand, not the brand that makes the business:xf.smile:

Did you see earlier in the thread where Bob Hawkes pointed out that UsedCarsforSale.com sold for 100K in 2017? Check out the site and see how it's being used. Would you have preferred UCFS.com?

No I would not use UCFS either I prefer to use something short and creative

•••
No I would not use UCFS either I prefer to use something short and creative
That's my modus operandi too, but I see three and four word domains on TV being used by very successful businesses all day long. It's really not what you prefer, but rather what works best for the "end user"

iCreateGreatBrands:xf.wink:.com (i don't own it , but someone should)

•••
No mistake, I just strongly disagree with the OP.

We sell used cars is an excellent marketable domain that people will remember.

Jims Podunk Auto Group...
You can find us at WeSellUsedCars.com

What do they do?

They sell used cars...

It's clear, concise , has "sell used cars" in it for KW rankings.

What I REALLY disagree with is OP's Namepros strategy of posting regurgitated content of things that have already been discussed. You want a presence here on NP, I get it.

Gain it by knowledge, not naivete and weak "oh my god can you believe..." content.

EDIT: I just saw this after I posted...

Agreed. For a billboard, truck advertisement, or marketing materials this domain instantly conveys a memorable message to their target customer.

I wouldn't have sold it for less than that. In pricing names, it's important that we don't impose our own values onto our potential customers. A domain investor may think $10,000 is a huge amount to spend on a domain. But to a car dealer that just dropped $90,000 on last week's auction buying 8 used cars for their inventory, it might be chump change.

upload_2020-4-12_19-1-2.png upload_2020-4-12_19-1-18.png

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 150482

I just saw this Sedo sale on Namebio. WeSellUsedCars.com sold for $10,000. This is a 4 word domain name that sold for $10,000.

What is the logic behind such a hefty price? Who buys such domains?

Random business don't use the same logic as domain investor if it comes to domain name. This is a decent domain and this buyer felt it fits the price, so they own it. Used cars is a big industry.

•••
The day after I saw this sale on namebio, I picked up WeSellAutoParts.com from expireddomains.

•••
The way to launder the money was to sell the trade ins for $1 to another dealer or wholesaler and lower the tax on new car now it is buy a domain.
I know somebody who used to be a car salesman!

•••
Hi

i have 4 word / 19 letter .com which has earned 5 figs in ppc over past 13 years
caught @ clubdrop in 2007

and it's all type-in traffic too :)

even though volume of visitors has decreased over the years,
it still produces, which shows people will type in a 4 word domain name.... and click on the links

imo...

•••
The day after I saw this sale on namebio, I picked up WeSellAutoParts.com from expireddomains.
Good for you...now the key is selling it to someone who sells auto parts. I picked up about a dozen WeSellXXXXXX.com (3) and (4) word domains like WeSellWaterfrontHomes.com to WeSellSecurity.com

The thing about these type of domains is there is an identifiable target market for them, and they lend themselves to "outbound" strategy.

Good Luck!

•••
Abbreviations are faceless, impersonal. Something you want to avoid if you're running an independent, privately owned, business.
That's a great point.

•••
I think the sale makes sense becuz of the industry.

Namebio has more shady sailz tho:
apps-of-a-feather.com 6,045 USD 2020-04-13 GoDaddy

woohooo sounds so legit ^

everyone knows you need birds with apps and that you can interchange the word "apps" with "birds" in sayings. Like you know, "two apps with one stone." I might as well go ahead and buy Two-Apps-With-One-Stone.com for $3,000 so I can resail it for $6k.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back