Dynadot

discuss Why would ArlingtonCemetery.net sell for $45,000?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just saw a 2 word .NET sell for $45,000. That's not $4,500 although I'd still be surprised.

What makes this domain name worth that price? I can't imagine putting it at a BIN of that price or even countering with such a hefty price. Using this as an opportunity to learn to not end up underpricing the domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Using this as an opportunity to learn to not end up underpricing the domain names.
Well doing some research may help you to 'learn'.

For one, it's been a active site for over 20 years honoring America's most historical and prestigious cemetery. Also the previous owner may have dropped it accidently and had to fight to get it back, as it was still an active site in April. And I'm sure there's some backlinks to it, and possibly still getting traffic.
Probably some other reasons too.

•••
Well doing some research may help you to 'learn'.

For one, it's been a active site for over 20 years honoring America's most historical and prestigious cemetery. Also the previous owner may have dropped it accidently and had to fight to get it back, as it was still an active site in April. And I'm sure there's some backlinks to it, and possibly still getting traffic.
Probably some other reasons too.
Precisely. And with it being pretty famous in the DMV(Washington, DC, Maryland, Virginia) and across the US, it's a solid name, especially if it already had backlinks and was active.
I just saw a 2 word .NET sell for $45,000. That's not $4,500 although I'd still be surprised.

What makes this domain name worth that price? I can't imagine putting it at a BIN of that price or even countering with such a hefty price. Using this as an opportunity to learn to not end up underpricing the domain names.
Just put the term Arlington Cemetery in Google(or whatever search engine you prefer) and bam. There's your answer.

Last edited:
•••
dont u know.. our death is big business... people are stupid enuf to think it matters to.dead that they have gold coffin

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back