NameSilo

domain WEBTRAINEE.COM-Appraise a newbee's portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kgaurav6791

Impact
HI,
I am new to domain selling market.I just registered 10 domains to start my venture.I have no bloody idea about how much I should ask for them.Currently all of them are listed for maximum BUY-NOW price I could think of at sedo because I donot want to lose out if any of them is worth more.Can any one tell me what should be the approx BUY-NOW price I should list them for on long term basis.
I have no problem in holding onto them for a long period if they are good enough.
They are-
Wapwiki.com
Wapmerchant.com
Indianwizard.com
Desiwizard.com
Webignorant.com
Webcandour.com
Webtrainee.com
Webdominie.com
Webinfant.com
Webinmate.com
P.S.-SEDO is asking for a 49$ appraisal if I want to list at more than 10000$.Do you believe any of them has a chance of being appraised for more than that by them(just hoping).Don't want to sound greedy just don't want to feel like a loser later.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Zero value to all of these. Get a refund if you can.
None of them is a clear generic term that would attract a buyer. They are all 'brandables', but even as brandables they are very unclear, unattractive, long, nothing there worth selling. I wouldn't even pay a dollar for the bunch.

Please don't make the mistake many newbies make and register long lists of domains before learning what makes a good domain. If you're experimenting, register 1 or 2 domains carefully, then ask our opinions. Then drop those domains and try a couple more based on our comments. This way you're not wasting tons of cash by taking blind chances, you're just trying a name or two each time and learning from each mistake.

But before you even do that, read a lot more here. Check out the 'your reg of the day' thread to see what kinds of names people are getting and what others say about them; check out a lot more of these appraisal threads; check out the threads in the 'available domains' area to see the quality of available domains myself and others are finding, and which of those are getting regged by more experienced members here, check out the 'how to find potential end users' thread to get tips on finding buyers and how to sell to them.

After you've got a lot more reading and experience here, then try to come up with a business plan you like; some people concentrate on buying certain extensions (though I recommend sticking with dot.com until you're very experienced), some deal mainly with brandables, some deal mainly with generic terms, some deal mainly with buying up cheap expiring domains at a couple bucks each and try to sell for a few dollars more each, some buy mainly aftermarket quality domains that are more likely to sell at a high price to end users.

There are a lot of tactics to use, the trick is to find out what kind of tactics you enjoy and are good at, what tactics you can afford in the beginning (because most newbies will be buying useless names so you have to count on losing all that startup money); and then create an actual business plan around those tactics, rather than the most common newbie mistake which is 'reg a bunch of names because they sound neat, put a high price on them at Sedo, and hope someone buys them' - which is the worst domain business plan in the world.

Welcome to Namepros; read a lot more before buying more domains. Good luck :)

•••
Thanks Bannen,
I guess I will start again with new domains and just keep these in sedo for a cheap price till they expire.:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back