IT.COM

.tv Warning: .TV domains are sinking

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
"People trying to register .tv domain names are being warned that the island of Tuvalu, which the domain represents, is sinking.

Domain registrar GoDaddy is even claiming that, because the Pacific Ocean island could go the way of Atlantis, users should opt for .com or .net domains instead.

As a result of global warming Tuvalu - which at it's peak is just 5m above sea-level - could disappear, and if it ceases to exist so will .tv domains."

http://newslite.tv/2009/05/01/warning-tv-domains-are-sinking.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Back on topic ... :talk:

I wholeheartedly concur with the philosophy that if some occurrence led to the re-classification of the ".TV" extension as a responsible gTLD rather than a rather desperate ccTLD (as is presently the case with the teeny isle of Tuvalu) ... that may be the best thing for its long-term acceptance, mass adoption, and believeable & effective marketing (complemented, of course, with a (new) Registry's abolishment of hefty :$: annual renewal fees for its premium domains - which, in turn, must be developed)! :yell: :imho:

Regards,
-Jeff B-)

Back on who's topic?? Talk about having an agenda and sticking to it!! Me thinks you are a closet dot tv investor who is trying to dissuade others from puchasing so you can have them all to yourself......Why else would you be on this forum???.......Unless of course there is some truth to the TROLL rumours.:bingo:

•••
its no rumor.. its clear as day.

people just need to say what they really think... its all good to disagree then. but trolling forums like Jeff has been doing for years is absolutely lame. its fooling nobody.. real people do not talk like this unless they are purposely trolling forums. tell me this is not an exact description of what this guy does: Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

•••
Me thinks you are a closet dot tv investor who is trying to dissuade others from puchasing so you can have them all to yourself......

I've sold or traded the .TV's that I've owned, and I'm not secretly acquiring either ".TV's" or "dot Mobey's" ... and it's good that folks understand the costs and limitiations of these extensions when deciding whether to invest, or not IMHO. :yell:

Back on topic ...
Do we know the specific reasonong(s) here behind GoDaddy's intentions ... with regard to the Tuvalu warning? :|

Regards,
-Jeff B-)

•••
I've sold or traded the .TV's that I've owned, and I'm not secretly acquiring either ".TV's" or "dot Mobey's" ... and it's good that folks understand the costs and limitiations of these extensions when deciding whether to invest, or not IMHO. :yell:

Back on topic ...
Do we know the specific reasonong(s) here behind GoDaddy's intentions ... with regard to the Tuvalu warning? :|

Regards,
-Jeff B-)

I'm not quite sure why you are here posting onto every thread if you are so against the extension. If you have experience to share with dot tv or are here to learn, then great, otherwise why not post in an area of the forum that you can contribute to? Why are you here?

With regard to Godaddy, of course we know the answer. He was burned with his profits on .tv's and is making more money with .me, which is his new baby. He is cheesy and trashy, and noone with any intelligence takes him seriously.

•••
I'm not quite sure why you are here posting onto every thread if you are so against the extension.

From a development perspective, I'm not so against the ".TV" extension ... though I do recognize its failure to achieve wide-spread recognition and adoption and its perception as an extension that never quite fully achieved it potential - from most general (non .TV) domainers' perspective, IMHO.
Also, I've only posted in a couple of threads of interest over the past several days ... due to long Holiday weekend! :music:

With regard to Godaddy, of course we know the answer. He was burned with his profits on .tv's and is making more money with .me, which is his new baby. He is cheesy and trashy, and noone with any intelligence takes him seriously.

I'm not (and never been) a big fan of GoDaddy's, but how was he burned by the ".TV"? :|

Thanks,
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff, why are you wasting your time here, and posting nonsense again and again?

This thread is getting more and more trash...

:wave:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back