Domain Empire

advice Warning: Some Domain Names Just Can't Be Sold

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
You probably wouldn’t believe the quality of the vast majority of domain names that are sent to me. Many don’t make any sense to me, have hyphens in strange locations, use obscure words in non .com extensions, randomly replace letters with numbers, or they have other features that make them pretty worthless from my perspective. I feel badly when I see these emails, especially when someone sends an email with a huge list of names that are of the same quality.
There are many domain names that aren’t worth anything. Some people disagree and think everything is worth something. The quicker a person is able to figure out what makes sense and what doesn’t, the sooner they will be on the right path to buying good domain names. No matter what commission percentage is offered and no matter who brokers the domain names, some domain names are simply not sellable...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm new to domaining and even i can see the craziness of some of the names up for sale on sites like godaddy, i mean arizonafamilymedicine dot com (offer $50,000 or more) charliesheenville dot org (offer $32,500 or more) kwintessential dot net (offer $50,000 or more) are these people for real or what, who in their right mind is going to part with tens of thousands of dollars for these names? they are not even targeted at multi million /billion dollar industries or trends. kwintessential isn't even spelled right !

•••
•••
> 99% of domain names will never sell. Period.

•••
•••
99.99% of domain names will not sell. Many domainers have low quality domains that will never sell. I wonder why so many domainers keep on registering low quality domains. I would of thought, they would of learned from their passed mistakes.

•••
You would be surprised the amount of keyword domain names that never get a sales offer yet while parked can bring it big numbers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back