Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Cove

Know your brand like the back of your hand.Upgraded Member
Impact
I strongly urge any of you going into business with Dejan Lesicar (NamePros member @venturefile.com and owner of sites like sexydress.us) to be very cautious. He is about to cost our company Brandroot a lot of stress and money as we pursue serious legal action against him.

In short the details are as follows:

4/08/2014 - Dejan creates a Brandroot account
5/09/2014 - Wuvo.com is accepted and listed for sale at a price of $6750
09/29/2014 - Dejan requests that Wuvo.com be removed from Brandroot because "The name was accepted to an auction event."
10/14/2014 - Brandroot receives a $3,000 offer for wuvo.com
10/14/2104 - Dejan rejects and reminds us that he removed his name

We then remind him of his contractual obligation of keeping Wuvo exclusive to Brandroot for a period of 30 days following the request of removal.

10/15/2014 - In the interested buyer impatience he raises his offer to $4500.

Dejan is intrigued and writes, "Thank you for the update. That is a decent offer and I will seriously consider it." For several days Dejan is unresponsive, ignoring several of our emails.

10/22/2014 - In a matter of minutes of informing Dejan that he is no longer welcome to sell at Brandroot and that Wuvo.com will be removed, Wuvo.com sells at full price for $6750.

10/22/214 - Dejan decides that he does not want to sell Wuvo at Brandroot and that my email stating that his name was removed ended his contractual obligation with Brandroot (which the email in no way stated).

Our financial loss due to Dejan's unprofessionalism is not the concern. Brandroot is now left with one very unhappy customer threatening us with litigation. We have informed Dejan that we will stop at nothing, "making this venture of [his] a lot more expensive and stressful than [he] thought possible."

You've been warned. Dejan Lesicar is very capable of leaving you in one sticky situation if you enter into business with him.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I must say I haven't had this good of a laugh in quite awhile. The memes are hilarious. The video was not created by me but ordered by a gf from Fiverr. I removed it because I know what happens to posts at NamePros. Also, if you wish to close your account at Brandroot please send me a PM with your username.

Also, I'm sorry for those who really got offended by the word nancy. It's a very common term for negativity, which I see tons of at this forum.

Last edited:
•••
I'd like to formally apologize to my mother, whose name is Nancy (I love you mom) for the utter ridiculousness, and the negative connotations associated with your name.
23fca472-e6fc-4841-bb6e-81cf895facdb.jpg

•••
Last edited:
•••
Ok, that was fun.
Say goodnight Gracie.

Peace,
Cy

•••
High Octane 'Fast and Furious' turning into a lame 'Dude where's my car' ? -_-

•••
I must say I haven't had this good of a laugh in quite awhile. The memes are hilarious. The video was not created by me but ordered by a gf from Fiverr. I removed it because I know what happens to posts at NamePros. Also, if you wish to close your account at Brandroot please send me a PM with your username. So far it seems that submissions have increased today. Also seems that the only ones dogging on Brandroot now were the ones dogging on it from the beginning. Same old.

Also, I'm sorry for those who really got offended by the word nancy. It's a very common term for negativity, which I see tons of at this forum.

I'm not sure if I have an account with your venture but please check and remove me: usualcliche would be the name etc. Thanks for the help in this matter and please let us know of your future ventures so I can avoid them as well.

Blake

•••
•••
I must say I haven't had this good of a laugh in quite awhile. The memes are hilarious. The video was not created by me but ordered by a gf from Fiverr. I removed it because I know what happens to posts at NamePros. Also, if you wish to close your account at Brandroot please send me a PM with your username.

Kind of an odd time to change your username... I'm guessing you do not want Google to return this thread when someone is searching for you?

Last edited:
•••
When this thread closes i am going to copy+paste this into word, then PDF it then sell this on ebay as an ebook.
Also, how ironic that someone that runs a branding company would be so blind to potential repercussions from such a post (let alone potential defamation action).

•••
Kind of an odd time to change your username... I'm guessing you do not want Google to return this thread when someone is searching for you?

Ah I see the OP has changed their username from Radar to Moon and taking away the confident smiling selfie so the Namepro Nancies get the moon instead.

Well that same Michael Rader, Founder, Brandroot.com can still be seen smiling in this Dnjournal article http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2013/dailyposts/20130409.htm

Brandrut.com is available, so is brandude.com. Funny, brandrot.com is taken, someone saw this coming I guess.

Check out the Branded song lol

•••

So you change your username here from Rader to The Moon and set your info on private because you think this thread is funny? I'm not sure that's truthful but hey what do I care

•••
He has also edited many of the post in this thread. I was right he was up last night tossing and turning felt awful and went and changed things. He should of took my advice at 6:26 pm est yesterday. LOL I told ya.......Damage Control

:laugh: Epic rant .....hashtag hurting brand

6 hours from now....he'll be tossing in his bed wondering if he went to far :sick:.....Priceless

Last edited:
•••
Wow...I really had fun here - Good job folks:)

•••
•••
Maybe Namepros could make some money from this by selling a Namepros Nancy chevron underneath a member's avatar, like what you see for site administrators, moderators, vip members, etc. That would rule.

•••
namepros nancies.jpg

Couldn't find a good font to use for the name, but here they are anyway folks: Performing live near you, The NamePros Nancies!

•••
been reading through this and,while I by no means want to defend how brandroot/rader/da moon dealt with this issue (starting the thread naming and shaming here was by no means the professional route to go, and registering the guys name and making threats is beyond even civil) i DO want to return to the first post and reply because i feel there is a lot of info and "what ifs" that are not known and/or could have avoided all of this.

first, you state in your timeline that on 9/29 Dejan requests removal of wuvo from the marketplace..... and the offer was received on 10/14... so what if anything happened or was communicated IN THE 2 WEEKS between? was there any confirmation of removal request or, more importantly, a reminder at this point of the alleged 30 day exclusivity agreement? it sems there was no issue communicated when Dejan explicitly and transparently stated he wanted the domain removed because it had been accepted to auction at another marketplace which, i presume And can only assume you would ALSO think likely, that the domain auction would be over within this 30 day window. would you have watched the auction and then expected/requested the commision on the sale since it violated your 30 day exclusivity rule? otherwise, this seems like the most logical time to RAISE this issue regarding the 30 day rule.... not 2 weeks later when the domain, not removed as requested and assumed by the seller, receives an offer. either you honor the sellers request and promptly remove it or do not, but COMMUNICATE the action taken and reasons why. consider the issue you could have created for the seller if TWO upset buyers pursued legal action after 2 almost simultaneous purchases on 2 platforms due to your lack of communication.

Now, on to Dejan: imo you seriously complicated the issue by keeping/putting the domain back on the negotiating table given your reply (assuming the quote is accurate) to the second offer. much better would have been a reiteration that the domain is no longer available on brandroot period. that would have at least brought the issue to a head BEFORE the buyer bought it at bin.... ideally brandroot would have finally removed or at least suspended the purchase option of wuvo until a clear decision was reached with you regarding its availability.

and... i am curious about the auction.... DID the domain auction start before the initial offer was made or before you replied that you would "consider" the Second offer? what would you have done if the auction ended at a price lower than the offer on brandroot? or was the auction only scheduled, for a later date, and you still had the right to remove it from auction if you chose?

and out of curiousity, what would brandroot do to someone that has a domain accepted then at some point sells it on the forums for peanuts or lets it drop but neglects to remove it from their brandroot account and someone buys it at bin.... but the domain is no longer theirs to sell?

•••
*ehem* Now now, let's not get carried away. Rader does have a valid argument, even if its presentation was in poor taste. You don't have to agree with him, but you should at least refrain from showing the same aggression that you dislike in his original post.

I searched the TM database and it appears that the buyer did in fact file for a trademark on WUVO on 10/14/14. I think this is a case where the buyer would/should take action against the marketplace but the marketplace has zero claim against the owner. In Radar's own words he says he told the buyer that the domain was removed, Radar also stated here publicly that his TOS "needs work", the binding agreement between merchant and consumer needs work? I feel for the guy but I can't see a claim against the owner.

•••
Paul Buonopane said:
Clearly, this demonstrates a disconnect between you and your target audience, to which I hope you will adjust.

that's the difference

it's "his" personality, his "ego" that has caused the disconnect.
he, in his mind, got bigger than the user base.

which is why such comments were made towards np members in general

however, in that narrow vision, he forgot to see that np members are also members on "other" forums.
some publish their own blogs, some have sold 6-7 figures in domains, they own ppc companies, aftermarket venues, domain name journals, etc, etc.

so, your statements can offend a wider portion of the domaining community than you realize, while providing a clearer picture of the potential negative ramifications and entrapments, of doing business with you.

humble-up dude,

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
Threads like this should be locked from any form of editing. It's not right that this guy can go back in and change his username and comments.

•••
Threads like this should be locked from any form of editing. It's not right that this guy can go back in and change his username and comments.

Could that be a reflection of his character ? ( or lack of character as the case may be)

•••
I won't be using BrandRoot after this. Glad to hear that all of us Namepros Nancy's don't make up the majority of Brandroot's whole 500 social media follower fan base.

•••
The Hubris of the Young :). Experience teaches otherwise.

I'm sure he has learned his folly and has paid a huge price (his/company reputation). Perhaps should let him be. :)

•••
I just wanted to show off my signature line again
~
Oh and ask are we allowed multiple accounts >> ??

•••

I'm not sure I agree. Obviously, he hasn't handled things very well, but if you've ever felt like someone screwed you over, you'll be able to relate to his anger. I'm sure all of us have at one point or another lost our tempers and said things we'd later regret having said. It's not a capital offense. The guy has invested significant time, effort, and money into his business and I don't think he deserves to be ruined over a few posts. Hopefully, he learns from this and doesn't repeat the same mistakes. In the meantime, I think he's been punished more than enough.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back