IT.COM

[VOTE NOW] Which domain type would you rather have? : LL-L, L-L-L, 5L ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which type of domain would you choose, if you could only register one?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • L--L.com

votes
    3.2%
  • LL-L.com

votes
    2.1%
  • L-LL.com

votes
    5.3%
  • 5L.com

votes
    48.4%
  • L-L-L.com

votes
    38.9%
  • LL--L.com

vote
    1.1%
  • L--LL.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 6L.com

vote
    1.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

GreenGambler

I Collect SilverVIP Member
Impact
Out of all of the acronym/short/rare domain types. I would like to know which you would like to have most, if you could only register one.

Assume that all are premium letter acronyms or top quality, pronouncable, non-dictionary words.

L--L.com -- ex: A--Z.com
LL-L.com -- ex: AB-Z.com
L-LL.com -- ex: A-BC.com
5L.com -- ex: Ababo.com
L-L-L.com -- ex: A-B-O.com
LL--L.com -- ex: AB--Z.com
L--LL.com -- ex: A--BC.com
6L.com -- ex: Abooba.com

I left out 3L and 4L.coms because I'm sure most would choose those.

Please vote and let us know what you selected and why, if you care to.

Thanks
GG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ps. I also wanted to offer this crap N-W-G.com for 20$ but I understand there is not enough demand for it and it has hyphens and moreover letter W is not premium... So I decided to let it drop next year...

•••
Keep the 5L votes flowing people. :D

•••
Do you think cimom.com sounds good?
Why not? It can't sound bad!!! it's a CVCVC! It's a future of internet! It's a Web 2.0 compatible. All letters are premium! Moreover it contains mom. This of course makes it even more valuable but today I'm generous and will sell only for 20$! I see there is huge demand for them. Already 22 peoples voted that they regret that they didn't register good 5L.com!

•••
I tried to pronounce it and I am not really coming up with a good way.

pronounced cee mom? sigh mom? kie mom?

•••
jh3 said:
I tried to pronounce it and I am not really coming up with a good way.

pronounced cee mom? sigh mom? kie mom?
Look at this showcase I tried to pronounce these 5L domains more than half of them are also not very phone compatible.

•••
yeah some of those aren't pronouncable.

Are you upset because people don't agree with you? It's a harsh world out there.

•••
•••
Ergo said:
Already 22 peoples voted that they regret that they didn't register good 5L.com!

22 people voted that they would reg 5L.coms over the others, not that they regreted not regging a 5L.com.

•••
jh3 said:
yeah some of those aren't pronouncable.
Are you upset because people don't agree with you? It's a harsh world out there.
I just wanted to show that premium CVCVC.com currently have no value at reseller market, while premium L-L-L.com is 60$ minimum and for some of them prices are up to 200$.

•••
No value? I have sold a handfull over the past 2 weeks...

Also, who cares about cvcvc, all that matters is pronouncable lllll

•••
jh3 said:
No value? I have sold a handfull over the past 2 weeks...

Also, who cares about cvcvc, all that matters is pronouncable lllll
Ok then why it should be 5L and not 6L? Why not 7L? What would you prefer grity dot com or gritty dot com? There is no category 5L for me. If it sounds good - then it's good. There are millions of good sounding free coms that can be brandable

•••
I think that someone would choose a 5L.com over a 7L.com for the same reason one would choose Veck.com over Vecko.com. It is shorter, and has a more limited supply. I'd rather have Vecko.com than Veckori.com

•••
GreenGambler said:
I think that someone would choose a 5L.com over a 7L.com for the same reason one would choose Veck.com over Vecko.com. It is shorter, and has a more limited supply. I'd rather have Vecko.com than Veckori.com

It depends all on the intentions of the user. Maybe they want their product called vecko instead of veck. Its all about brandability.

•••
L-L-L, with LLLLL in relatively close second

•••
Ergo said:
Ok then why it should be 5L and not 6L? Why not 7L? What would you prefer grity dot com or gritty dot com? There is no category 5L for me. If it sounds good - then it's good. There are millions of good sounding free coms that can be brandable

Clearly I would choose gritty.com but as we both know that's not free for registration.

This is a typo domain and I don't plan on selling it for tons since it's not as brandable as some of my others.

•••
Ergo said:
ps. I also wanted to offer this crap N-W-G.com for 20$ but I understand there is not enough demand for it and it has hyphens and moreover letter W is not premium... So I decided to let it drop next year...
N-W-G.com for $20 ? thats cheap :hehe: pm me if your really selling it for $20 lol

W is a premium in my eyes :xf.love:

•••
If I only had one domain, it would be for branding development purposes, not resale. Hence 5 letter domain wins hands down. It's a lot more fun developing a fake short word. However, if I found a better 6 letter domain, then I'd take that.

From a Reseller perspective, the L--L.com and L-L-L.com are more difficult to get.

Last edited:
•••
Bluebecker.com said:
Ergo said:
N-W-G.com for $20 ? thats cheap :hehe: pm me if your really selling it for $20 lol

W is a premium in my eyes :xf.love:
It was a joke :) However I'm taking offers for it starting from 60$ :)

•••
Ergo said:
It was a joke :) However I'm taking offers for it starting from 60$ :)
i know i was just checking :hehe: $20 would of made my day lol

•••
Ergo said:
These fahef, hegof, cafef, muhog etc. I don't think they sound. Perhaps you meant by 5L.coms nice sounding names? But they must not be exactly 5L! For me centcalls, callingcom continentcom availcom are more brandable than smth like hetog.com.

Hi ergo, I wouldn't touch fahef, hegof, cafef, muhog .com with a ten foot poll! I have previously and it realise those type of names are not to be touched when going for 5 letter!

ergo quote: "Perhaps you meant by 5L.coms nice sounding names?"

Yes now your talking my language!! Very nice sounding names to be precise, having extensive experience with selling 5L .com You must be very very picky and I have been 'hinting' to people not to register 'mediocre' 5L domain names like fahef, hegof, cafef, muhog .com

I am strictly a 5 Letter and under person myself, that is my limit for catchy brandables

ergo, you ask, what is good 5 letter domain name: I have always said a 5 letter should slap you in the face and scream quality: some examples from my collection, elilo.com Poonk.com fofoo.com sosem.com pammo.com plus on ebay auction right now with raredn Deavo.com (iScum is two words though) and other fantastic 5L on auction. (Interested parties look at the names I just put up on ebay auction)

If you can't see why elilo.com poonk.com fofoo.com Deavo.com or sosem.com are infinitely better than fahef, hegof, cafef, muhog, then I would not recommend you getting into 5L

All the best and take care ergo and others seeking answers on 5 letter com!

:xf.love: On ebay auction 'right now' with raredn: :xf.love: iScum.com :xf.love: Deavo.com :hearts: TheSox.com :xf.love: RandomPosts.com and more!!!!!!!!!!! :xf.love:

Last edited:
•••
Ergo said:

According to that logic then, there is also no difference between a made up 4L word and a made up 5L word?

Well one goes for mid XXXX currently and the other is, according to you, worthless.

•••
Any name can have worth, everyday names are bought that no one else would value more than reg fee. In the small subculture that is domaining categories of domains have value in the domainer to domainer market. Those usually come about by being sold out with none left to handreg. I would never pay anything for an LLLLL.com that was just a "Made up, cool,funky,whatever you have to tell yourself to justify the domain" When I could easily reg a 6L.com for reg fee. Because contrary to popular domainer belief, the rest of the world, especially the business world does not care. I do not think Sergei said to Larry "Damn 6Letters? wtf why could we not get 5?" Pretty sure Amazon using a six letter word that certainly was not made up but does not describe what they do in anyway is ok with 6 Letters.

2,3,and 4 letters work because there is a limited supply, and besides words, work out as acronyms. Business is usually looking to shorten their corporate name with a short acronym

American Telephone and Telegraph AT&T
International Business Machines IBM
Minesota Mining and Manufacturing MMM

A company is not looking to shorten from 7 or 8 down to 5 letters, there is no need.
IMO and again just my opinion the gap between 4 and 5 letters is light years apart.
Oh no I did not get bebon but I got BeeBon Oh No

•••
equity78 said:
Any name can have worth, everyday names are bought that no one else would value more than reg fee. In the small subculture that is domaining categories of domains have value in the domainer to domainer market. Those usually come about by being sold out with none left to handreg. I would never pay anything for an LLLLL.com that was just a "Made up, cool,funky,whatever you have to tell yourself to justify the domain" When I could easily reg a 6L.com for reg fee. Because contrary to popular domainer belief, the rest of the world, especially the business world does not care. I do not think Sergei said to Larry "Damn 6Letters? wtf why could we not get 5?" Pretty sure Amazon using a six letter word that certainly was not made up but does not describe what they do in anyway is ok with 6 Letters.

2,3,and 4 letters work because there is a limited supply, and besides words, work out as acronyms. Business is usually looking to shorten their corporate name with a short acronym

A company is not looking to shorten from 7 or 8 down to 5 letters, there is no need.
IMO and again just my opinion the gap between 4 and 5 letters is light years apart.

Very strong points that i agree with totally. Like i have stated above that it all depends on the brandability and what the end-user wants to get out of the name no matter if is 5L or 8L.

•••
equity78 said:

On the contrary I think Amazon does explain what Amazon does, it is a huge expanse of shopping item's with a mix somewhat akin to a Jungle. Any one would be proud to have a one word 'Generic' name like Amazon, anyway its a heavyweight domain name worth well over $250,000 even if Amazon the website did not exist!

Last edited:
•••
The point was 6 letters not 5 letters of course everyone wants a one word generic.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back