IT.COM

[VOTE NOW] Which domain type would you rather have? : LL-L, L-L-L, 5L ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which type of domain would you choose, if you could only register one?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • L--L.com

votes
    3.2%
  • LL-L.com

votes
    2.1%
  • L-LL.com

votes
    5.3%
  • 5L.com

votes
    48.4%
  • L-L-L.com

votes
    38.9%
  • LL--L.com

vote
    1.1%
  • L--LL.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 6L.com

vote
    1.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

GreenGambler

I Collect SilverVIP Member
Impact
Out of all of the acronym/short/rare domain types. I would like to know which you would like to have most, if you could only register one.

Assume that all are premium letter acronyms or top quality, pronouncable, non-dictionary words.

L--L.com -- ex: A--Z.com
LL-L.com -- ex: AB-Z.com
L-LL.com -- ex: A-BC.com
5L.com -- ex: Ababo.com
L-L-L.com -- ex: A-B-O.com
LL--L.com -- ex: AB--Z.com
L--LL.com -- ex: A--BC.com
6L.com -- ex: Abooba.com

I left out 3L and 4L.coms because I'm sure most would choose those.

Please vote and let us know what you selected and why, if you care to.

Thanks
GG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jh3 said:
new products go on the market every minute of the day, they all need names, might as well make it something small, brandable and easy to remember.

L-L-L.com is garbage.

I believe an end user will pick a nice brandable over a L-L-L.com any day. Yeah L-L-L.coms are nice for SEO or good version of a LLL.com but they dont stick in my mind nor are they easily typed as Wixar.com or YGrab.com.

•••
jh3 said:
new products go on the market every minute of the day, they all need names, might as well make it something small, brandable and easy to remember.

L-L-L.com is garbage.
Tell that to these end users

z-z-m.com sold for $1,000 via email private sale January 2008
b-a-r.com sold for $3,500 December 2007
k-i-d.com sold for $995 October 2007
c-p-i.com sold for $4,500 October 2007
u-a-p.com sold for $3,500 September 2007
a-r-m.com sold for $4,000 September 2007
m-p-t.com sold for $5,000 August 2007
p-i-e.com sold for $4,000 August 2007
c-m-m.com sold for $2,500 March 2007
m-o-i.com sold for $2,500 December 2006
f-h-s.com sold for $700 March 2005
p-k-r.com sold for $500 July 2006

if garbage makes this kind of money then i dont mind owning garbage.

if you know anyone wanting to sell a L-L-L.com send them my way.

•••
raredn.com said:
Ergo said:
L-L-L.com because it's the only alternative to $xxxxx LLL.coms while there will not be enough companies to buy Brandable LLLLL.coms. They are just 5 letters. Why not CVCVCV.com? I don't see any difference in CVCVC.com and regfee CVCVCV.com

And BTW you can still register good pronoucable 5L.coms! They worth regfee.
Who says it's just companies that want 5 letter .coms, people collect them like trading cards. I have many and I assure you I am not a company. I had 3 on ebay auction finishing in the daytime us, they all sold for more than double reg fee, there goes your 'based on nothing' theory out the window!

No offence ergo, I enjoy your posts, but you have absolutely no idea about 5L. CVCVC is not we are after!

:xf.love:On auction 'right now' with raredn on ebay: :xf.love: Deavo.com :xf.love: iScum.com :xf.love: RandomPosts.com and more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :xf.love:

These fahef, hegof, cafef, muhog etc. I don't think they sound. Perhaps you meant by 5L.coms nice sounding names? But they must not be exactly 5L! For me centcalls, callingcom continentcom availcom are more brandable than smth like hetog.com.

Good sounding 5L-10L. Yes! CVCVC rubish - NO! I have some 5L domains like shaqe.com or efrau.com they are not CVCVC but I think they are way better than most of CVCVC. I've regged also cimom.com just for try. But the chance that there will be a small company that will want it is 1/1000000. Why not cimomo.com or cimone.com? Will domainers register also all 6L? and 7L?

I believe an end user will pick a nice brandable over a L-L-L.com any day.
Sometimes end users HAVE TO BUY L-L-L because there are no alternatives for cheap or available at all for the acronym of this company. But if end user needs a nice brandable then he will pick a nice sounding CVCVCV for regfee than buying CVCVC from domainer! There are millions of nice sounding combinations that will never be taken. I saw a lot of brands that are 6L and 7L and even 8L that were created long before internet.

•••
Domains will register 6L and 7L at some point in time after 5L is gone.

•••
jh3 said:
Could you tell me how many 6L's and 7L's there is ?

•••
Bluebecker.com said:
Could you tell me how many 6L's and 7L's there is ?

Nope but I remember this same argument when people were asking how many 4L's there were.

•••
A question for thought:

Would you consider a company looking for an LLL.com or L-L-L.com for their initials and end-user?

•••
jh3 said:
Nope but I remember this same argument when people were asking how many 4L's there were.
Ok, any sales for 6L's ?

•••
I have sold over 500-600 domains, I am sure a few were 6 characters.

•••
jh3 said:
I have sold over 500-600 domains, I am sure a few were 6 characters.
Examples ? and prices ?

Tivo said:
A question for thought:

Would you consider a company looking for an LLL.com or L-L-L.com for their initials and end-user?
Depends if they want to pay $xx,xxx or $x,xxx or do they have $xx,xxx or $x,xxx to spend.

What if the LLL.com is already a site where do you go next ?

•••
I sold mylaws.net(6lnet) for a few bucks last week.

Profit is profit.

I only own 1 6L.com - sonobe.com. Right now there are 5L's for me to worry about.

•••
jh3 said:

Profit is profit.

I only own 1 6L.com - sonobe.com. Right now there are 5L's for me to worry about.
Oh sorry i thought you were talking about individual letters not words put together.

any sales for individual letters ?

5L's have a good chance in the future but not right now. So my choice would be LLLL.com and L-L-L.com as you said profit is profit.

Last edited:
•••
Not for 6L that I remember (been selling for a few years without tracking) but like I said, I don't own any 6L at the moment other then sonobe.

But they will get registered after the 5L's go.

I am just saying L-L-L.com is not brandable, you can't say it over the radio and that is important for a company looking to brand something.

•••
5L or 6L (no preference between the two -- pronounceability and brandability are important, and both are relatively short). Anything with hyphens is silly. I'd rather own jarga.com than b-ol.com. I don't like hyphens, and I'm a strict "phone test" buyer. :hehe: I'll only buy what I can pronounce without having to spell out, and I'm not going to tell someone to go to letter dash letter...

•••
Bluebecker, buy doriss.com from me for $20 and then I will have some recent sales data for you. :D

•••
jh3 said:
Bluebecker, buy doriss.com from me for $20 and then I will have some recent sales data for you. :D
lol or you could buy boosha.com from me :hehe:

•••
jh3 said:

Just under half a million 4L, just over 8 billion 7L :

2L: 676
3L: 17,576
4L: 456.976
5L: 11,881,376
6L: 308,915,776
7L: 8,031,810,176

•••
leonardo said:
Just under half a million 4L, just over 8 billion 7L :

2L: 676
3L: 17,576
4L: 456.976
5L: 11,881,376
6L: 308,915,776
7L: 8,031,810,176
Nice stats rep given to leo.

•••
jh3 said:
L-L-L.com is garbage.
25% of this garbage is developed and all are taken... just like 5L and 6L :lol:
i think you must read at least this thread (i put the link to the first page)... no i dont think you must read, i am sure of that; besides you can check blubecker.com

jh3 said:
you know very well this isnt a 6L dot net, it is a two word dot net... people do everything to justify their thoughts :yell:

i am not saying 5L and 6L dont have value as i also believe them and i have 5L as well but we must remeber there are 11,881,376 5L and they wont be sold soon and they are different of LLLL... probably 5L wanted will be pronounceable ones, VCVCV, CVCVC and maybe other rare niches such as VVVVV, palyndromes

i know nothing about 6L... sorry i know there are 308,915,776 6L

Last edited:
•••
Years have changed, back in 1999 I could register CCC.com's by hand. Of course I sold all of those like an idiot, lol.

Times change and so does the amount of investors.

And before you people get too crazy here, I am not, at this stage recommending 6L or 7L domains, not while there are good 5L's left.

•••
bricio said:
25% of this garbage is developed and all are taken... just like 5L and 6L :lol:
i think you must read at least this thread (i put the link to the first page)... no i dont think you must read, i am sure of that; besides you can check blubecker.com

you know very well this isnt a 6L dot net, it is a two word dot net... people do everything to justify their thoughts :yell:

i am not saying 5L and 6L dont have value as i also believe them and i have 5L as well but we must remeber there are 11,881,376 5L and they wont be sold soon and they are different form LLLL... probably 5L wanted will be pronounceable obes, VCVCV, CVCVC and maybe other rare niches such as VVVVV, palyndromes

i know nothing about 6L... sorry i know there are 308,915,776 6L
Doc Bricio is spot on.

•••
jh3 said:

All the good, pronouncable, true sounding words.. Yes, I agree.

Every single last one.. Hmm, if it did happen it would not be untill 2025-ish granted the DN infrastructure and process stays the same.

It seems that the number of new domainers to the market continues to grow more and more each day, it's viral. And, IMO, every domainer should have at least one or two good pronouncable made up word DNs in there portfolio. 4, 5 or 6L.com.

The number of new products, services, drugs, media, companies, music artist and bands, websites and groups alone coming out each month, needing a new name, alone should be a seller. Not only that you also have to consider people's first and last names, street, city and other Geographic location names. Many of my 5L.coms are surnames and Geo names. There are also non-english words that are 5 and 6 letters to consider. And finally we have people's screennames, video game character names and groups, mythological names, ghetto names, world wide ethnic names, and just about any other made up, usable name you can think of.

All of this should be enough to use all of the good pronouncables within the enormous pool of 11,881,376 5L.coms and 308,915,776 6L.coms. Eventually.. .

So what would be pronouncable, usable 5L and 6L.coms?

Here are some possible pronouncable combinations, considering Y to be a vowel. Please remember even many names with the following format may not be that great, this is just an aproximation.

5L.coms
VcVcV = 86,400 --- ex: Abubo
cVcVc = 288,000 --- ex: Colum
ccVVc = 288,000 --- ex: Choop
ccVcc = 960,000 --- ex: Shuck
cVVcc = 288,000 --- ex: Toush
cVVVc = 86,400 --- ex: Booom
Total = 1,996,800 out of 11,881,376

6L.coms
VcVVcV = 518,400 -- ex: Osouka.
cVccVc = 5,760,000 -- ex: Duckir.
VVccVV = 518,400 -- ex: Ouchie.
ccVVcc = 5,760,000 -- ex: Shouch.
VVcVcV = 518,400 -- ex: Iopola.
ccVcVc = 5,760,000 -- ex: Chufik.
VcVcVV = 518,400 -- ex: Apisio.
cVcVcc = 5,760,000 -- ex: Dosach.
cVVVcc = 1,728,000 -- ex: Beeach
cVVVcV = 518,400 -- ex: Dooofo.
cVVVVc = 518,400 -- ex: ToouooT.
VccccV = 5,760,000 --ex: Acksha.
Total = 33,638,400 out of 308,915,776

Last edited:
•••
I don't know if "every" 5L will sell, it if does I would imagine it will be after the 4L.net's go.

•••
Ok.

I'm selling pure premium 5L CVCVC.com cimom.com!

CiMOM.com

20$ only!

Who will buy it? Come on guys.... You said you wished you had bought some pronoucable 5L.com. 21 people voted for it!

Now is the chance to get it cheap!!! You can sell it to end-user at least within 5 years for 5-6k with huge ROI... It will be definitely Web 2.0 project (because if project isn't at 5L.com or at CVCV.com it can't be a Web 2.0 project! - every domainer knows it!). I think in the 2008-2012 approximately 2000000 Web 2.0 projects will be launched. They will desperately need brandable 5L.coms to buy for some cash!

•••
Do you think cimom.com sounds good?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back