Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The actual owner of Voodoo.com, is myself, you are more than welcome to call my direct number at 813-659-5341 on Monday.

I am not saying that you don't have a lot of domains and many of them are really good domains. But chargebacks happen. I get them on my own portfolio, I think I mentioned it a few posts ago.

We always provide full details in your account of what was credited and debited by us and why.

I never said anything about you making fraudulent clicks. Not once. But that doesn't mean that you have domains where somebody may click on it 20 times and Google's filters may not catch it immediately. Then a few days later they do and guess what? That's a chargeback.

It wasn't me who threatened to post on Namepros earlier if I didn't pay you in less than 24 hours. It was you who did that to me. I responded to your message within 2 hours on a Saturday, I guess you didn't like the truth so you came to Namepros. I hate chargebacks just as much as you do. Not only do they take money out of your pocket, but mine as well.

I am not one of those people who ever try to rip anybody off. I don't shut down accounts, because they have made too much money, I want them to make even more money! But when chargebacks happen, I don't get paid for that, which means I can't pay you for it either. I'm not the government, I just can't create money whenever I want.

Donny

•••
Donny is 100% right. I have experienced chargebacks before and had to wait 90 days to get my funds. This is part of the business. It's not Donnys fault as he is just following the rules of GOOGLE.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Donny/Voodoo do not lie, cheat or steal. I've had money stolen from other parking companies (which i wont name) and never a single time has Donny ever kept a single penny of mine.

Month 1: $100 made
Month 2: $100 made ($200 total/overall)
Month 3: $ 20 made (whoops! Chargeback = $200)
Month 3: $ -200 + 20 = -180 still owed

At this point you owe Google $180.00 You will not get paid anything from Donny , nor should he have to until you are in the positive. Once your balance reaches $0.00 you will begin to get paid again.

Why should Donny have to eat you chargeback?

•••
WE WILL BEGIN TRANSFERRING OUR PORTFOLIOS TO OTHER PROVIDERS , THIS IS NOT THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS ... WE WILL EXPECT A FULL ACCOUNTING OF ALL MONIES DEBITED/CREDITED BY THE ADVERTISERS TO SHOW PROOF OF THE CLAIM. WE DONT MAKE FRADULENT CLICKS, WE HAVE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOMAINS AND RUN A TIGHT SHIP, I WILL CONTACT YOUR CORPORATE OFFICE IN FLORIDA ON MONDAY AND DEAL WITH THE ACTUAL OWNER OF VOODOO
Donny is Real actual Owner of voodoo

•••
I had a chargeback episode a couple of years ago, it happens to honest domainers too. Sure it sucks spending a month getting back to zero. But its worth it in the long run to stay the course and keep Voodoo.com as a partner.

•••
WE WILL BEGIN TRANSFERRING OUR PORTFOLIOS TO OTHER PROVIDERS , THIS IS NOT THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS ... WE WILL EXPECT A FULL ACCOUNTING OF ALL MONIES DEBITED/CREDITED BY THE ADVERTISERS TO SHOW PROOF OF THE CLAIM. WE DONT MAKE FRADULENT CLICKS, WE HAVE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOMAINS AND RUN A TIGHT SHIP, I WILL CONTACT YOUR CORPORATE OFFICE IN FLORIDA ON MONDAY AND DEAL WITH THE ACTUAL OWNER OF VOODOO

U should just take a Xanax and relax.giv it one more month to see wht happens if then it's the same then get them out of there but voodoo is good peeps..

•••
I waited 4 months to get a payment due to some chargebacks in Feb 14. Yes, it hurts, but it's not a big deal. Most domain owners know exactly why they are getting the chargebacks. :) If you don't, it's better to sit down calmly and analyze which domain is causing the chargebacks. Once you know the problem domain, I would move it to avoid further chargebacks because that 1 domain can eat into your clean revenue. Or, if you can identify the bad traffic source causing the CB, try to shut the source. Since you now have Donny's number, why not use Monday's phone call for a better purpose? Ask him which domains are causing the chargebacks and take some proper remedial actions.

•••
•••
Payments will be sent out on Monday because of timing issues. It's mostly because banks aren't open on the weekends.

Donny

•••
ooo CAPS.I'm sure THAT will intimidate Donnie
rofl

•••
Donny, have you ever done any statistical analysis on chargebacks? I am curious if you have any research you could share. Perhaps certain types of domains (maybe "services") get higher chargebacks, or maybe the lander style?

If you dont mind sharing it, what is the average chargeback ratio across all accounts?

•••
Donny, have you ever done any statistical analysis on chargebacks? I am curious if you have any research you could share. Perhaps certain types of domains (maybe "services") get higher chargebacks, or maybe the lander style?

If you dont mind sharing it, what is the average chargeback ratio across all accounts?

There is no rhyme or reason. When Google decides to ban something it can be for whatever reason they want it to be. I've had domains that I bought, were clean, and the next day I had 2 visitors and it went faillisted. Then I had a domain that had 4 visitors one day but 20 clicks and I was paid for it.

It's strange how it works but I think what's important here is:

#1. Chargebacks happen to "EVERYONE", including Donny and other parking providers.

#2. Do not beat up the PARKING COMPANIES that are truly trying to help. Trust me when I say they could easily close down and live a very nice life with out us.

#3. Chain of command in parking:
- Google (GOD)
- Parking Company ( is a bridge to God )
- Parkers ( We get to tap into GODS money and that bridge allows us to get there. That bridge protects both sides of the equation.)

4. Last Lesson: Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

•••
I hope nobody took offense to my question, I am just curious about the statistics around chargebacks. Knowing relevant statistics may help me make better decisions on the domains I target or settings I use.

I am not trying to beat up the parking company or bite a hand. Quite the opposite, I think they do a great job and really have no complaints. I believe the parking company would like to reduce chargebacks just as I would, so my question should be of mutual benefit.

•••
I hope nobody took offense to my question, I am just curious about the statistics around chargebacks. Knowing relevant statistics may help me make better decisions on the domains I target or settings I use.

I am not trying to beat up the parking company or bite a hand. Quite the opposite, I think they do a great job and really have no complaints. I believe the parking company would like to reduce chargebacks just as I would, so my question should be of mutual benefit.

Apologies, some of those comments were directed towards other members. You were not included in it.

•••
Hi guys do I smell payment time:rolleyes:.

•••
Pooper - Yes, it is almost time. :)

Mateo - The domain doesn't usually have anything to do with a chargeback itself. It's 99.9% of the time the traffic that is going to the domain that causes the chargeback. If somebody gets a 100% chargeback, you can look at the account and it's pretty easy to see why they had a chargeback. The problem is when you have look at the account and you have no idea what the problem is/was.

Most of what gets filtered nobody knows about. There was a paper somewhere on the net that talked about some of the methods that they use to filter out bad traffic. But I can't seem to find it right now.

Donny

•••
Just got paid to Payoneer, thanks Donny!

•••
•••
Thanks voodoo, payment confirmed

•••
•••
Mine still saying carry over?

•••
I waited 4 months to get a payment due to some chargebacks in Feb 14. Yes, it hurts, but it's not a big deal. Most domain owners know exactly why they are getting the chargebacks. :) If you don't, it's better to sit down calmly and analyze which domain is causing the chargebacks. Once you know the problem domain, I would move it to avoid further chargebacks because that 1 domain can eat into your clean revenue. Or, if you can identify the bad traffic source causing the CB, try to shut the source. Since you now have Donny's number, why not use Monday's phone call for a better purpose? Ask him which domains are causing the chargebacks and take some proper remedial actions.

Would be nice to know which domain caused it so we can either not park it anymore or just drop the domain as it may be trash. Any way to find out?

•••
•••
Would be nice to know which domain caused it so we can either not park it anymore or just drop the domain as it may be trash. Any way to find out?

Donny would be the best person to answer this question. Here's my two cents. It's a good idea to look out for any domains which may have been fail listed via the magic folders regularly. Now if a domain has been fail listed, most likely you will get all or some of that domain's revenue charged back.When a domain has been fail listed, take a look at the referrer logs. It should give you some idea of which traffic sources may be suspicious or causing the fail list. However, if you have pure type-in traffic, then your referrer data won't show anything except "type-in or blank". But, imo, pure type-in traffic domains will rarely get fail listed. The chargebacks and fail listing mostly occur on domains which receive traffic via previous backlinks or other sources.

•••
Hi Donny,

Bodis changed to NET 7 payment, why Voodoo keep our revenue for a long time, NET 30? Maybe, Voodoo send our total revenue to bank for private daily rate income? I found Bodis and Voodoo got Google Ads Feeds same.

•••
IMO

1. Google pays around Net 20.
2. Voodo pays around Net 28.

Few paying from their own funds before receiving from Google.

For example
1. DomainSponsor - Net 7
2. Bodis - Net 7 (now)
3. ParkingCrew - Net 15
4. SmartName - Net 15

Net 30 companies paying after Google
1. Voodoo
2. RookMedia

The main concern is the revenue share, support, templates, ctr & pay terms.
Some companies pay early ( but rev share is low. I think DS pays 50% approx)

Many use voodoo due to good rev share & support I think.

So I find very slim chances for Donny to Prepone payment for some time ( since Voodoo is few years old. )

However will wait for Donny's reply.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back