NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who has had experience of using the Voodoo "For Sale System" rather than the "For Sale Form" on their domain pages? From what I can see the "System" allows you to set a minimum offer or a Buy It Now (BIN) price. The "Form" invites an enquiry with an optional offer (no-one ever does put an offer in this form I've found). Then you get into the "How much do you want for it?" dialogue and your potential sale can quickly disappear down that rabbit hole.

Any luck with BIN pricing resulting in actual sales?

•••
Who has had experience of using the Voodoo "For Sale System" rather than the "For Sale Form" on their domain pages? From what I can see the "System" allows you to set a minimum offer or a Buy It Now (BIN) price. The "Form" invites an enquiry with an optional offer (no-one ever does put an offer in this form I've found). Then you get into the "How much do you want for it?" dialogue and your potential sale can quickly disappear down that rabbit hole.

Any luck with BIN pricing resulting in actual sales?

In the past year I've received 34 offers, all were lowball offers, some of them I've went back and forth with but none have resulted in a sale. I do not have BIN prices set.

•••
Donny,

When will we receive our tax documents?

•••
As far as the for sale system we created, we originally had the contact form and for sale form, and our plan was for us to remove the for sale form, and when a few of our customers heard that we were they freaked out. So we now have 5 options, contact form, for sale form, for sale system, redirection and not for sale.

The difference in the contact form and the for sale form is that one has the option for a price and you just get an email with whatever is filled out. The difference between the for sale form and the for sale system is that with the for sale system, your conversation is all kept online, but you still don't have to use our built in Escrow.com option to sell the domain, it's still up to you how you want to handle it.

I know of one customer who has sold 96 domains last month. So it does happen.

bkertz - tax documents are only sent out if you are in the US and you have chosen check or direct deposit. If you have chosen PayPal, technically they are supposed to send you something.

Donny

•••
Donny,

I am in the US and have chosen PayPal, however, when I log in to my PayPal account there are no 2014 tax documents. Do you know if I am supposed to or was supposed to set something up in PayPal for the tax documents to be created?

•••
It's some new rule they setup 2 years ago. They will only give you a 1099 if you meet certain conditions. If you haven't gotten one, I'm assuming you will not receive one.

Donny

•••
hi donny
did there any hope RPC from google increases again?
and any ather hope that google back to buy mobile traffic with good RPM?
THNX

•••
Well, the low-end mobile issue affected everybody, that will not be coming back.

Donny

•••
low-end mobile is feature-phone?

traffic come from old browser, old os like ie8 on windows xp has low cpc, low rpm?

•••
low-end mobile is non-smart phone and really old browsers like IE6, not IE8.

Donny

•••
Has anyone else seen their rpc drop dramatically over the last 3 days? i have been over 1.00 for months and the last 3 days were around 0.10

•••
Let's see, 1 post, $1.00 per click. I'm going to assume you got caught doing something you weren't supposed to be doing.

Donny

•••
I suppose some of the Voodoo users are clicking with low-end mobiles in order to not get caught.

•••
I suppose some of the Voodoo users are clicking with low-end mobiles in order to not get caught.

Why people would jeopardize their account, their domains - which are their assets(!), for a few extra cents or maybe even a $1, is beyond me. Getting their accounts terminated is one thing, having their domains faillisted or even blacklisted is another. Once blacklisted, it will be much harder to sell that asset off because the buyer wont be able to monetize it either!

•••
•••
several days ago, revenue reduce, anyone else?

•••
Everything seems to be working fine on my end. Send me a PM with your username.

Donny

•••
•••
Some parking domains have website favicon before links in Sponsored Listings, but some others just show default favicon (organge forward symbol ">>" )? What it mean?

•••
It's our upstream provider trying different tests to make more money per visitor.

Donny

•••
It's our upstream provider trying different tests to make more money per visitor.

Donny

It's depend on domain age, traffic or something else?

•••
If I knew I could tell you. But I don't.

Donny

•••
Hi @Donny ,

I must say that Voodoo is doing an awesome job about monetizing the traffic. However I strongly feel certain lack of in-depth analysis that are available through Google Analytics.

So my suggestion is: How about enabling users put a single line of Google Analytics code, or even the ID to their portfolio? First, it will put a lot of pressure off from your shoulder about improving the reporting features and you can simply put your focus on better monetization. I, and hopefully you too, are aware of a lot of domainers who just put their domains on simple page only to further dig about their traffic. With this move, you can attract that big chunk of users and their traffic. You will also have the first mover advantage (Hopefully - as DOPA has already implemented it and Matt too is thinking about implementing it).

If you are concerned about people wondering about the difference between internal reports and GA reports, you can put a big disclaimer that it may differ due to reporting technology. Alternatively, you can start a trial run with only a few pros (Like for users with x amount of traffic, or x number of domains in their portfolio).

What do you guys think?

•••
Hi @Donny
I trying to signed up a new account yesterday ,response has not come yet

I sent you my account id on PM

Please Approved it

•••
webm - The last time I asked about this from our upstream provider, they said it was something that we could not offer. I'll ask them again in the next week or so.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back