IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have no idea about stuff like this, maybe someone does.

I have a domain regged at GoDaddy, parked with Voodoo. I was trying to start an auction at Flippa but with recent changes, they can't get my whois/email, so Flippa wants me to add a TXT record. I went to GoDaddy to do it but can't, rep replied with:

"You're not able to add DNS entries on myname.com because that domain is pointing at third party nameservers and not ours. You would have to add the TXT record with whoever is hosting your domain."

So is that voodoo? And if so, where?

Thanks.

What I have done is change my nameservers back to the default Godaddy nameservers. Add the TXT record. Wait for Flippa to recognize and verify that TXT record. Then change back to Voodoo nameservers if that is where you want it to live during the auction OR leave it at Godaddy. I believe that once they verify they are done, I do not believe its a daily thing to search and verify TXT records. See if that helps?

•••
I would do exactly like @AGAME does if I was doing it.

As far as making money on 100 domains, it all depends on the traffic and the amount of clicks.

Donny

•••
What I have done is change my nameservers back to the default Godaddy nameservers. Add the TXT record. Wait for Flippa to recognize and verify that TXT record. Then change back to Voodoo nameservers if that is where you want it to live during the auction OR leave it at Godaddy. I believe that once they verify they are done, I do not believe its a daily thing to search and verify TXT records. See if that helps?

use your own nameservers

set vood / parkingcrew to A record IP

•••
anyone still parking domains?

•••
•••
Hello there Donny
I am interested in voodoo.com and i have a big number of domains with huge traffic volume and all of my domains are old and i tried to create an account in voodoo platform but you did not accept me, can i please know why? or can you please help me open an account?
Hope to hear from you soon
name: jwana

•••
@jojo smsm or whatever your name is. I'm sorry, but we still can't approve your account. You signed up on a Friday, and we don't approve anybody who signs up on a Friday, so your account was rejected. If you would have signed up on a Monday, then we may have approved your account. I think I told you something similar this morning when I responded to your ticket you sent in.

For a few hints, I would wait until the 5th Monday of the month and then apply again, you will definitely get in then or you could wait until Friday the 13th and we always approve everybody who applies then. Another option in the "Who referred me" field, put "Donny is the coolest guy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", but make sure it has 24 exclamation points, otherwise you won't get in.

Also just as a hint, it helps when the domains you apply with are actually registered. I know you have "big numbers" and "huge traffic" and have sent me 3 direct messages on namepros within 5 minutes. But "big" and "huge" things don't get you much in the real world.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

Donny

•••
@jojo smsm or whatever your name is. I'm sorry, but we still can't approve your account. You signed up on a Friday, and we don't approve anybody who signs up on a Friday, so your account was rejected. If you would have signed up on a Monday, then we may have approved your account. I think I told you something similar this morning when I responded to your ticket you sent in.

For a few hints, I would wait until the 5th Monday of the month and then apply again, you will definitely get in then or you could wait until Friday the 13th and we always approve everybody who applies then. Another option in the "Who referred me" field, put "Donny is the coolest guy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", but make sure it has 24 exclamation points, otherwise you won't get in.

Also just as a hint, it helps when the domains you apply with are actually registered. I know you have "big numbers" and "huge traffic" and have sent me 3 direct messages on namepros within 5 minutes. But "big" and "huge" things don't get you much in the real world.

Donny

yes thats actually true

when I applied I remember exactly:
it was on a 5th Monday exactly on a Friday the 13th
in the month of february right after the 29th of that particular month

and of course you are cool!!! @Donny

.. maybe I should give voodoo another try ;)

•••

Donny
Thank you very much my brother Donny
I do not find another option in the field "Who sent me", during the registration

•••
@jojo smsm, why would you be applying again? Didn't you read my instructions? 5th Monday of the month or Friday the 13th. Today was a Wednesday or Thursday, but it should have been a Wednesday, since you "live" in Arizona, right?

As far as the "Who referred me" field, it's there. You may just have to look harder. I'm looking at it right now.

I'm just checked and the next Friday the 13th is September 13, 2019, so it's right around the corner. Good luck.

Donny

Last edited:
•••
you are cool
Thank you :xf.smile:

I love Voodoo

•••
@jojo smsm, why would you be applying again? Didn't you read my instructions? 5th Monday of the month or Friday the 13th. Today was a Wednesday or Thursday, but it should have been a Wednesday, since you "live" in Arizona, right?

As far as the "Who referred me" field, it's there. You may just have to look harder. I'm looking at it right now.

I'm just checked and the next Friday the 13th is September 13, 2019, so it's right around the corner. Good luck.

Donny
hi doonny
How are you doing
I submitted the request
Activation of membership
Donny is the coolest guy ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
name : jwaana

Last edited:
•••
@jojo smsm, sorry I can't approve your account. You didn't follow the rules.

Donny

•••
@jojo smsm, sorry I can't approve your account. You didn't follow the rules.

Donny
didn't follow the rules. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

•••
That is correct. Rules are meant to be followed, not broken.

Donny

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
deleted voodoo
A company that is stealing and erecting You are liars

•••
So your account was rejected and we were stealing? That makes so much sense. Unless you already had an account?

Donny

•••
•••
Account from 2013 and now close it
Direct visitors
You are a quorum and have closed more than one account before
The account is closed for no reason
The reason is that I am an Arab

Last edited:
•••
@A sawan, send me a PM or send in a ticket with your username and we will look into your account.

Donny

•••
You closed the ticket
Before you talk: D

•••
Whenever we respond to a ticket it's closed. The link has an option to reopen the ticket.

Donny

•••
I made a mistake in something?
Tell me wrong and do not close the account

•••
@Donny -- Hello. My name is M**************. I just wanted to shoot you a post (I cannot use DMs yet) to let you know that I applied for a new account at Voodoo on Oct 27, 2018 using the email: ************@gmail. I applied with 14 domains.

I guess my application is still in review as I have not received any email notification since the onsite message saying account is under review.

I was referred to Voodoo by a fellow domainer named R***************. I am a new domainer and R************** is my mentor.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I just recently applied.

Thank You,

M**************

•••
Back