Dynadot

Volo networks.com ripped me off

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Volonetworks.com ripped me off

Just to let you all know of the horrible experience i have had with volonetworks.com aka web-visions.net.

There servers were down for 2 days,and when they came back up i couldnt view my websites any more.when i contacted them about this,i received a email from Robert Suter saying the problem was fixed, BUT it wasnt.

emails and support tickets went back and forth for 2 weeks and still the problem was not fixed.

If that was not bad enough another support staff got involved his name was MATTHEW TROUP,Now what matt tryed to do straight from the start was to blame me
for the problem,but as i explaned to him that i could view the websites before there servers crashed.

he then became VERY rude And VERY unprofessional,but thats not the end yet, he then cancel my access to my account and stopped returning my emails or support tickets.

As a result I didnt have time to do a Database back up and now have lost over a $1000 USD of websites.
I also had payed for my hosting inadvance when they stopped my access to my account

BEWARE OF THIS UNPROFESSIONAL HOSTING BUSSINESS
http://www.volonetworks.com http://www.webvisions.net

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They did not offer you a refund as you paid in advance? If so, perhaps reporting to the BBB would be a good idea so that you'd more likely get a response

•••
I'd definately recommend contacting the BBB, I've had previous disputes that they helped resolve, and I would definately recommend using them :)

•••
Escuse me for being stupid, but what is BBB as it may come in hadny for me to bookmark.

You should always be carefull with hosts my friend!

•••
•••
i am gonna make sure they go out of business for this.

•••
•••
Just a side note if youte sites were worth $1000 surley you have backups....

Hope you have and hope you get your case resolved!

•••
dc1pop said:
Just a side note if youte sites were worth $1000 surley you have backups....

Hope you have and hope you get your case resolved!

You wouldn't beleive how lazy some people are, myself for instance haha.

•••
micmac07 said:
BEWARE OF THIS UNPROFESSIONAL HOSTING BUSSINESS

Unprofessional is not having local backups of your sites.

You can blame the host all you want but it's your sites not his. You even got into a fight with the guy without first grabbing your files. That's very unwise. Goodluck to you and getting your files. Maybe if you called him and begged and apologized you might at least get your sites.

•••
Yes i have contacted the BBB,they were very help full. And as for apologizing Why should i apologizie,I paid for a service they didnt provide,And when it came for them to fix my problem,they became very rude.

I guess they didnt know how to fix it,and just took the easy option of canceling my account without letting me know.just to get rid of me.

I have asked them to give me access back to my account,so i can do a back up,they told me they didnt do a back up either before canceling my account and then told me bad luck..

•••
Hey everyone, Im not going to acting like im the greatest hosting provider in the world because I know im not...but here is the deal....(also i have all the proof to backup my story).

Micmac was a good client, i appreciate all of my clients for there business. We had a issue where we had to change over our ip's, so our service was down for about 12hrs. After our network went back online micmac but in a couple tickets saying his sites were down etc. We answered him time and time again on how to fix his issue that he was having in order to bring his sites back online. (basicly he had to go to into his register and register new name servers along with the ips we setup on the server) Well anywase he faild to do this for about 2weeks, and he continued to complain but he did nothing to fix his problem even after we told him time and time again what to do. There is only so much a host can do sometimes people need to help themselfs a little. Now the downtime did suck for that i am very sorry for that was the 1st downtime we had in about 8months. Here is what we state in our TOS about uptime.

Volo Networks promises to have your website/server up 99.5% of the month. This excludes all scheduled maintance, reboots, self inflicted downtime, acts of God, backbone issues, DDoS, and hardware failures. Your account will be credited 100GB bandwidth for every hour your website/server is down.

So this downtime fell under maintance and there was no way to get around it. Managed bought the IP's or something like that not really sure what happend with the whole deal. Now to to talk about his DATA, this is our tos about data.

Backup Policy
Volo Networks will not be liable for lost data under any circumstances. Clients will be responsible for backing up their own files, regardless of whether Volo Networks is also making backups for the client.

Micmac claims he had 1000.00 in his sites, so its his fault he didnt have a backup not ours.

I could sit here and all day and go through this and talk about he said she said crap, but all I have to say is I was never rude to him. I did everything in my power to make him happy I even offered a refund of payment for the entire month before he ever filed with paypal. All i have to say is I dont feel I or volonetworks.com was at fault at all for his actions. If he has that much money in his site he would have made a backup, also its his own fault he didnt spend 5mins and read a simple terms of service. I wish the best to micmac and would suggest he learns a lesson from all this whatever that may be.

Thanks all
Matthew Troup

also would just like to say to all of you, just remember this is always to sides of the story ;)

•••
sounds like you're at fault.

what did volo do wrong ?

the only remotely wrong thing volo did wrong was that there was downtime but this was an unnavoidable situation it appears.

what did you do wrong ?

1) didn't backup "$1000" worth of websites.
2) didn't listen to instructions
3) didn't read terms of services

-----------------------------

i understand that you are very mad but that does not mean trying to trash a hosting company's reputation and reporting them to the BBB :( just learn from your mistakes.

•••
He should have kept his own databackups. Take a lookat the tos. But he said he had all that money in his site, umm if you think about it, wouldn't you be a little smarter and make backups. He could've hired soemone to do it for him if he didnt want to do it. I don't htink volvo was wrong at all.

EDIT: ( i was writing this while he ^^^ posted :P lol)
I agree with him ^^!!

Last edited:
•••
ApocComputing said:
sounds like you're at fault.

what did volo do wrong ?

the only remotely wrong thing volo did wrong was that there was downtime but this was an unnavoidable situation it appears.

what did you do wrong ?

1) didn't backup "$1000" worth of websites.
2) didn't listen to instructions
3) didn't read terms of services

-----------------------------

i understand that you are very mad but that does not mean trying to trash a hosting company's reputation and reporting them to the BBB :( just learn from your mistakes.

In My Opinion, I very much agree, Reading the TOS / AUP is a must anytime you buy hosting.
downtime is something that happens. its your responsibility to Back-Up your sites.
Not the Hosting Provider's fault you failed to do that.

Any host that tells you they have 0 downtime is probably very new at this.

I think from what I have read the host handled the situation according to their TOS.

Just My 2 Cents..

:)

•••
I think that iHosty is not at fault here because of the exerpts from his TOS he is not responsible for any loss you may have suffered and changing ip's would be a technical downtime listed in his TOS as well.

•••
I just think I should mention I've been using volonetworks for ~5 months. Great speed and uptime, and the personalized support over AIM has fixed my minor-problems within minutes.

-Peaches

•••
I have just purchased a reseller account from volonetworks, and everything is running very smooth. I have received various emails from Matt helping me, and even over AIM have received a lot of support in setting everything up.

•••
I'm good friends with Matt and I know that his servers haven't gone down once besides this. I know he's nice and knows what he is talking about. I hope to hear from Micmac.

•••
Maybe you had a bad experience because you didn't know what you were doing. You are saying you lost $1,000.00 of websites, whatever that means, but what person would pay that much or have a high dollar valuable and not back it up on their computer?

Sounds to me like you're just trying to get some attention or a freebie out of this whole ordeal. I, personally, have been dealing with Volo Networks for years now, and have hosted over 15 websites with them. I have NEVER had any trouble with them, and if I did, it was fixed immediately. You are one of very few customers who have had a problem like this, but like I said, it doesn't sound like it was all of their fault.

Maybe before posting negative comments, you should think before you talk. Anyone who doesn't backup files that are worth over $1,000.00 is simply incompetent and doesn't deserve to be on a forum.

Jeff
"Someone who backs up his files"

•••
i have also been using volo networks for about 4-5 months now and have had excellent support with very little down time at all

and like other people are saying, always wise to read the tos

•••
Attacking the victim is immature and predictable...

Let me summarize what I've gleaned has happened.

1) Host went down
2) Customer's files are lost, but recoverable by changing some settings
3) Host tells customer repeatedly how to correct the settings
4) Host loses customer, gets a mark on their BBB record, and this thread

Conclusion
The host should have been the one to right the settings since it was their server blip that caused it in the first place. In the several weeks it took for this issue to escalate into a full-blown incident, the host could have shown some business saavy and just fixed what they muffed. Instead they took the low road.

Then, when they had another chance to correct the problem, this thread, they chose to blame instead of resolve - very little business tact in my opinion.

Don't blame the victim, blame the host for failing to right the situation. I'll bet the customer backs up their files now though...

•••
Err, perhaps i read the thread wrong, but the user had to update their domains DNS, if the domains aren't registered with the host what can the host do. Unless i missed it, it was not stated if the domain was registered with the host or if the host had the ability to update the DNS?

•••
movingconcierge .... what are you talking about...the clients data was on the server, all he had to do was update his dns setting's or he could have simply logged in with the ip address gone into cpanel and made a backup, im sorry but your wrong and we have our policy's in place for things like this.

•••
Client is a DFU. Please do not send him to my hosting business. I have more than my fair share of that type user already.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back