IT.COM

Volo networks.com ripped me off

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Volonetworks.com ripped me off

Just to let you all know of the horrible experience i have had with volonetworks.com aka web-visions.net.

There servers were down for 2 days,and when they came back up i couldnt view my websites any more.when i contacted them about this,i received a email from Robert Suter saying the problem was fixed, BUT it wasnt.

emails and support tickets went back and forth for 2 weeks and still the problem was not fixed.

If that was not bad enough another support staff got involved his name was MATTHEW TROUP,Now what matt tryed to do straight from the start was to blame me
for the problem,but as i explaned to him that i could view the websites before there servers crashed.

he then became VERY rude And VERY unprofessional,but thats not the end yet, he then cancel my access to my account and stopped returning my emails or support tickets.

As a result I didnt have time to do a Database back up and now have lost over a $1000 USD of websites.
I also had payed for my hosting inadvance when they stopped my access to my account

BEWARE OF THIS UNPROFESSIONAL HOSTING BUSSINESS
http://www.volonetworks.com http://www.webvisions.net

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Next time you have a problem I would do everything possible to talk with the company before you make it public. Because this can't be good for business (I googled "Volo Networks") ...

•••
I stand my ground.....

I did everything to help this client, and gave him all the support in order to fix his problem. The data was not our fault due to our policys in place.

•••
Moving: How could you possibly blame the host when certain things are out of their control?

•••
rosem said:
Next time you have a problem I would do everything possible to talk with the company before you make it public. Because this can't be good for business (I googled "Volo Networks") ...

Ouch !!! That is nasty.
From what I have read Volo did all they could but at some stage the user has to take some reponsibility for his own sites and do what the company asked him to do.
If they had this unpleasent incident would not have happened and i would have no need to write this post.

Hopefully this incident will not have an adverse effect on Volo's business.

Some people should apply some common sense to thier sites and maintenance

•••
I re-read the thread and the host acutally has some ground to stand on since the consumer just had to change their DNS...sorry about that one, ihosty...

I have an itchy (1and1.com) trigger finger...they ruined it for all hosts imo...

•••
its ok, no problem....just make sure you read things before bashing someone heh. But not only dns setting's he should have made his own backup, that wasnt our problem...but im done talking about all this, time to move on.

Thanks all for the support and suggestions

Matthew Troup
Volo Networks

•••
Yes I have to feel sorry for you ihosty with what rosem turned up with the Google search.

One of my big sites got spammed with negative publicity by some fook ages ago and when you Google my site it (the derogatory post at some obscure forum) stills comes up on the first page.

Luckily it has not affected sales and I still make a fortune offering a professional service. :)

•••
its ok, it has not affected me one bit, still doing well with sales and its just part of the business, you cant make everyone happy in this world.

Thanks.
Matt

•••
ihosty said:
you cant make everyone happy in this world.

Thanks.
Matt

LOL tell me about it!

Good luck sir.

•••
Like Peaches said... I too have been using Volonet for a little while and I found out by multiple people recomending it. I too was slightly dissappointed by the downtime but I know it was out of their control so I didn't complain. There is no reason why anyone should post something like this.

- Nitin

•••
•••
Well, I have not used Volonetworks to say any experience or say thgeir service is "bad,", but from what I've seen, their service is quite unprofessional.

1. You are semi-flaming an ex-client, weither they do or do not deserve such.
2. Representatives of VN have been on many places, and usually used immature language to others (in sponsored contest feedback, repling to advertising threads, etc).
- One incident was a advertising thread on WHT forums, where there was a huge staff drama and even putting down others, more of a staff-to-staff issue however.
- Another was a ad banner contest here on NamePros for volonetworks. The holder (was the current owner at that time, if not now) was shaming entries calling one of them worthless or not having any chance to meet the prize money (rephrasing this in a good way).
3. Although you formatting of sentence structure and word choice is good, the way it is presented shows more of a "happy or mad" than a "neutral", as all professional business commenting should be "neutral".

I've spoken to the owner before, he's not a bad guy. He's nice, but I have seen and know that he has abit of a problem in opinions. Opinions are fine, just outside of business related situations is the issue however.

Anyways, I hope things go okay, but you should still try to be #1 with the client, and not just cancel due to an overhaul of repetative support request. Not trying to be rude, sorry if it seems so.

•••
GHOwner I undertand some of your reasons, but I stand my ground will never look back on the decissions that I make. This client needed to be terminated from my system, there is no if ands or buts about it, it had to be done. Things are going great for my business, and there is no reason to bring up some of the things in your post, that has nothing to do with the topic we have been talking about. Now also about the link posted with my conflict with Scott, that was all worked out in the end, we or should I say "i" had a misunderstand, but it was all figured out and Scott and myself get along great, no problems.

Thanks.

•••
I have nothing against you / your company but it becomes obvious doesnt it, you dont respect your customers all that well .

•••
I met Matt, owner of iHosty from the LiveChat here at NamePros.com and ever since I met him, he gave me a good priced for what I needed, great service, good support especially when he provided me his cell phone number and AIM Screenname. I recommend using VoloNetworks.com, as I had no outages/downtimes since my first day.
Thanks, Sonny

•••
Neutral View!

I have read entire thread and would like to express my views in this matter as a neutral entity known to neither victim nor host.

I have no experience with Volvo and this restricts me from calling them unprofessional and similar but from what appears in the thread, is a chain of events that lead to such situation where Volvo lost client and client felt cheated.

Problem with IP>> DNS problems>> servers down>> Customer angry and asking for support >> Support provides instructions which are not adhered to by customer >> blame game >> host cancels account, no refund and also no backup.

First of all, what needs to be understood is that value of client's sites or business, evenif $1, should not be an excuse to approve or deny any help which he needs or provide/withdraw any service which he is entitled to.
What I mean is, some people questionning the value of client's sites/ business, must remember, whatever the worth, he reserves right to cry and protest, if he has valid reason to do so.

Customer's mistake
==============
1) He should have UNDERSTOOD (not just read) TOS.
2) He should have had frequent backups.
3) He should have followed instructions provided by supprot staff (if any) and if he was not able to follow them, then provide opportunity to support staff, for rectification. It means provide login or create subuser account at domain registrar. Many may not agree with me, but consider the situation, if person is not technically sound and clueless, then someone has to break the ice. Assistance from support staff, in such matters could save company the client, prevent escalation of tempers and situation and also ensure nothing spills out in world wide web, where google is sitting to expose every inch of yours.
4) He should have kept his cool and if host did not support him, in that case tried to build up pressure on host through this forum and similar but only after securing himself first, i.e having backup.

Host's mistake
============
1) I shall have to say that host's attitude is not reflective of business savvy, company eyeing the sky. Its more of mediocre attitude where host does not care about clients and goes on to display same in forum. First rule is always to pacify client because you have to be in his position to understand what he is experiencing. A human touch always takes your business forward and , this is indeed grossly lacking in the host's attitude as displayed here.
2) Host should have worked to prevent situation from escalating and ultimately spilling it here or elsewhere.
Understand this, client deals with one host and may be inexperienced but one host deals with several clients and they are more experienced than the client and should be tactical enough to handle the problems of one client.
It must also be emphasized that host can always provide backup, irrespective of whatever they say in TOS. TOS is to save your ass and not an excuse to provide service which you can otherwise as a favour or compensation or as a tact to pacify disgrunted client and in this case, i refer to "backups". If he can't make bakcups for lack of knowledge or whatever, you can give him same,send him thru email or provide it on some space on your server. And had he be given backup, you wouldn't have found yourself on wrong foot. He would not have blown this out of proportion and also you would have had something to say and proove.
Think again on this.

Matter was always in your hands and you were the one calling shots. Why did you force him to cry in public ?
You may be pleased with whatever clients you have but reputation of host gets affected and sooner or later such attitude starts hurting the host itself.

Person has paid you and paid you for a reason. He could have taken any free webhost and there are many such in market which offer adfree service and without need to post. Why he paid you, is because he wanted to secure his site and business. Now have you really worked towards that ?
Instead, he is in same position as would be anyone hosted by free host who cares least about client. Crux is he paid you for security and service. I am not talking about downtime, thats understandeable or matter of different debate otherwise, but i am asking you, when his data is on your server and he feels incapable of having that, what effort has been made by you to make such available to him as per his technical knowhow ?
Also, why was account terminated ? Just because someone voices against you, does not give you right to terminate, despite whatever you state in TOS. Again, using TOS as an excuse is worst thing any host could do. TOS is for saving your ass, in legal matters and not to find excuse, as it is evident here.

3) If refund was provided, why was it not accepted ? Why would anyone refuse to accept refund ? He could have persisted for backup, but still whatever refund is made available, he would have taken same.

4) Stories and posts don't die easily on net and as and when someone types your company name, he sees entire story clear. Did this not bother you ?

Conclusion
========
In my opinion, mistake was there from both sides and situation escalated when it should have been controleld by more experienced host. It shall be nice that volvo, provides this client his backup for download, unmodified and whatever inconvenience is caused is adjusted by refund for days remaining.
A few $ will not hurt Volvo but it shall turn the tide in favour of Volvo and present it as better host than most.

Also, for future, hosts don't discuss clients in forum, its clients who discuss hosts, so try to prevent spilling of such matters outside your company/ sever limits. Word of mouth sells and surely you do not want this to work against you.

Also, as customer, micmac needs to be cool headed and aware of his duties before protesting. he must also read TOS and understand them, not just evade them. try to maintain good relations with your host, so they help you without showing you TOS everytime.

I hope this neutral view, does not hurt anyone's feelings. Both sides need to take a step forward and work towards solving this amicably.

Last edited:
•••
I would just like to note to everyone who posted here and who really cares....The BBB found in favor of volonetworks.com :)

•••
That's awesome. Glad to hear your in the clear :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back