IT.COM

Vegan Debate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

En

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Do we have any vegans at NamePros?

Anyone want to debate why they believe they have the right to enslave, manipulate, force, bully into submission, and send innocent gentle animals to a slaughterhouse full of uneducated employees that have a career in mass murder?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
^Ummmm

Aren't you the OP? Didn't you start this thread to ask for others opinions?

Here is my opinion- you want to justify your particular consumption of the earth because you are not comfortable in your purpose, why else ask others to question their own beliefs but to justify your own?

•••
^Ummmm

Aren't you the OP? Didn't you start this thread to ask for others opinions?

Here is my opinion- you want to justify your particular consumption of the earth because you are not comfortable in your purpose, why else ask others to question their own beliefs but to justify your own?
I'm just working out what went wrong on Earth that humans can treat humans like nothing, and every single other life form. And why it hasn't been stopped already by the rest of us.

If the majority don't like it, why does it still exist?

•••
I'm just working out what went wrong on Earth that humans can treat humans like nothing, and every single other life form. And why it hasn't been stopped already by the rest of us.

You want to know why humans act as they do and why "the rest of us" have not been able to stop them...Purpose.

Purpose is what motivates all action. Purpose also is responsible for inaction. I know this gets philosophical, but it is also quite simple. Underneath all human relationship is purpose. Can you see this simple fact?

•••
http://freefromharm.org/animal-rights/seven-reasons-why-we-have-not-evolved-to-eat-meat/
You want to know why humans act as they do and why "the rest of us" have not been able to stop them...Purpose.

Purpose is what motivates all action. Purpose also is responsible for inaction. I know this gets philosophical, but it is also quite simple. Underneath all human relationship is purpose. Can you see this simple fact?
I think we're getting a bit tangled between evolution and religion http://www.icr.org/article/darwinism-survival-without-purpose/

•••
I gradually transition from a vegetarian diet to a vegan diet, that is also gluten free. Reasons: health, ethical

•••
•••
The ultimate purposelessness of evolution, and thus of the life that it produces, was eloquently expressed by Professor Lawrence Krauss as follows: "We're just a bit of pollution…. If you got rid of us…the universe would be largely the same. We're completely irrelevant."

I like this quote from that link...

•••
Forbidden fruit is a phrase that originates from Genesis concerning Adam and Eve in Genesis 2:16–17. In the narrative, the fruit of good and evil was eaten by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, which they had been commanded not to do by God. As a metaphor, the phrase typically refers to any indulgence or pleasure that is considered illegal or immoral.

1024px-Jan_Brueghel_de_Oude_en_Peter_Paul_Rubens_-_Het_aards_paradijs_met_de_zondeval_van_Adam_en_Eva.jpg

Even the bible got it.

•••
Forbidden fruit --- As a metaphor, the phrase typically refers to any indulgence or pleasure that is considered illegal or immoral.

1024px-Jan_Brueghel_de_Oude_en_Peter_Paul_Rubens_-_Het_aards_paradijs_met_de_zondeval_van_Adam_en_Eva.jpg

Even the bible got it.

This makes more sense to me-
Eden was Eden, perfect exactly as it was. God warned of wanting more than perfect. At some point, Adam and Eve became purposeful, forgetting that everything was perfect exactly as it was. purpose = want = problems

•••
•••
•••
Hey En. I can appreciate you have a passion for your beliefs... You have made me think over the last few days about my consumption habits. Now if you don't mind taking literally 30 seconds of your life to do me a favor and make sure purposefulness does not have you absolutely by the balls. Don't you want to know whether you are lost- or has the constant incessant pursuit of "somethingness" become so cozy and secure that to question your agenda is sacrilege?

•••
The ultimate purposelessness of evolution, and thus of the life that it produces, was eloquently expressed by Professor Lawrence Krauss as follows: "We're just a bit of pollution…. If you got rid of us…the universe would be largely the same. We're completely irrelevant."

I like this quote from that link...
Yeah, great. Without professor's paycheck the universe would be largely the same.. But try to take from him this little piece of paper and you'll will see some bit of pollution suddenly boiling and vibrating.

Last edited:
•••
So 300 grams (2 entire stalks) of broccoli for a 10 grams of protein verses a small 40 gram tenderloin steak (if you can even order that little.

I'd much prefer to eat 300 grams of tenderloin to get the necessary caloric content (900 calories) and 75g of protein that an athlete needs. I'm not discrediting broccoli, but, it'll be served on the side of my plate.

I couldn't imagine eating 37 pounds of just broccoli per day to meet my caloric intake (6000) and receive far too much protein (480g).

You need balance, whether it's veggies or meat; but to get the best out of it, yourgonna need meat in your diet or you'll be a twig - calories aren't the only thing your body needs...

Tl;dr: nobody will ever convince me to not eat meat, but, I have the highest respect for anyone willing to consume 37 pounds of broccoli per day to be the best athlete they can. I mean, hell, Michael Phelps eats 20,000 calories a day; that's a lot of broccoli.

•••
I'd much prefer to eat 300 grams of tenderloin to get the necessary caloric content (900 calories) and 75g of protein that an athlete needs. I'm not discrediting broccoli, but, it'll be served on the side of my plate.

I would not want to eat brocolli every day
and not as much

and there is really no need to do so

•••
what you guys ( used to eat meat) don't understand
is that I would not just take the meat away from your plate
and eat what you serve as vegetable

no come on
thats ridiculous

its about an altenative way of cooking and serving food

and there is no lack
if you do it right

have a look at the recepies I posted earlier:

http://www.chefkoch.de/rs/s0/vegetarisch/Rezepte.html

please use google translate

Last edited:
•••
yourgonna need meat in your diet or you'll be a twig

Sorry it's just not true. David Haye is a former boxing heavyweight world champion. He's vegan, came out of retirement recently and completely sparked out some heavyweight meat eaters. I'm not saying all vegans are strong, merely pointing out that a vegan diet does not mean you are 'a twig'.

•••
Sorry it's just not true. David Haye is a former boxing heavyweight world champion. He's vegan, came out of retirement recently and completely sparked out some heavyweight meat eaters. I'm not saying all vegans are strong, merely pointing out that a vegan diet does not mean you are 'a twig'.
Yeah, steroids can do amazing things when it comes to things like nutrition delivery of his supposed 5000 calorie vegan diet (reportedly costly too, at $15,000)...

•••
I think it was the moment we first ate meat. After which, "everything that moves became our food", and we were expelled from Earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_man

Well actually it was the moment they ate fruit in the Garden of Eden.

If they had eaten the snake instead it would have all been different.

•••
Never thought of that, I like it.

•••

yes but don't be confused :
that's no "Reality TV"

•••
Yeah, steroids can do amazing things when it comes to things like nutrition delivery of his supposed 5000 calorie vegan diet (reportedly costly too, at $15,000)...

Not sure where your getting all this from but I really just put up Haye as an example of a vegan who isn't a twig. Actually, there are a lot of vegan athletes I could have chose from.

Maybe a better counter to the twig argument would be to point out all the meat eaters who are fat lumps. There's no shortage of them.

•••

Eating fruit does not kill the tree, it helps the tree spread its seeds.

Snakes are not "evil", they are just trying to survive. Humans not only eat snakes, they kill them needlessly.

I doubt God is so simplistic as to definitely state everything as a programmable set of rules, the key is to use your own mind and heart.

Last edited:
•••
•••
To me it's obvious that God or the universe wants to protect the tree of life from the selfish humans in the future.

How many species have gone extinct already due to humans?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back