IT.COM

news Uzi Nissan, The Man Who Fought Nissan Over a Website And Won, Has Died Of Covid-19

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

koolishman

Top Member
Impact
Uzi Nissan is an Israeli who opened his own business in the United States in the early 80s. He first worked in a car workshop, then opened his own (named Nissan Foreign Car) and sold parts (named Nissan International), and then went into retail at a firm name Nissan Computer. For his own business, he registered a domain name and launched nissan.com in 1994. Over the next few years, he lost several million dollars in court with the car manufacturer of the same name.

https://www.onlinetoolsexpert.com/the-man-who-fought-nissan-over-a-website-and-won/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rest in peace
I hope he left the domain properly protected and to be transferred to his next of kin. and also that Nissan (car) does not bully that person into submission upon this news.

Last edited:
•••
Rest in peace
I hope he left the domain properly protected and to be transferred to his next of kin. and also that Nissan (car) does not bully that person into submission upon this news.

What can his next of kin do with a domain sitting in a hosting account? Sweet FA................

16 years of life wasted, now dead. Your wishing his family to do the same - i'm not sure if your joking or being serious or another delusional self righteous owner of a url because that's all it is a url....... think about that

He didn't win. Massive negative loss

“I would have let it go first day if I knew what I would have to go through, and what it would do to me and my family,” Uzi told Jalopnik. “I was driven 99.9 percent out of business.”

He lost time, His health deteriorated, stress increased 1000 fold, The business he built is dead in the water and all he has now is a domain and people patting him on the back saying wow you beat a big conglomerate.

16 years of life down the pan

To classify that as victory is nothing short of absurd.

•••
•••
The domain is paid until 2024 but does not resolve... chances are the registrar will auction it off at expiry or just make a deal and sell it to Nissan because why not, everyone is doing that with .coms.

•••
The domain is paid until 2024 but does not resolve... chances are the registrar will auction it off at expiry or just make a deal and sell it to Nissan because why not, everyone is doing that with .coms.
He left behind a wife and two kids, I hope they turn it into money.

RIP

•••
What can his next of kin do with a domain sitting in a hosting account? Sweet FA................

16 years of life wasted, now dead. Your wishing his family to do the same - i'm not sure if your joking or being serious or another delusional self righteous owner of a url because that's all it is a url....... think about that
He was a human like all of us, people get attached to certain things, you might be perfect, but most of us are not.

•••
He left behind a wife and two kids, I hope they turn it into money.

Of course I hope so too, they have 4 years to find the login details or otherwise sort it out...

Last edited:
•••

If you're talking logic, then do you think him holding on to the domain through all the expensive and life destroying legal battles was good FA?

The domain itself is still worth tens of millions. On top of that, he literally defended it all his life. What I'm referring to is his NOK not being bullied into something unfair.

•••
•••
•••
Most likely his wife and kids will sell. I doubt they would want such a negative memory to remain active in their lives through this domain name.

•••

it’s a moral victory;

the domain is (still) in their possession.

16 years well fought; day will come
Nissan ponies up;

Last edited:
•••
•••
One does not just surrender their family's worldly possessions just because someone in the household dies.

It's their family name after all...

•••
The owner is now Nissan Motors.

•••
•••
internic.net

ou strange. i have rechecked. before it was nissan motors as registrant. my error maybe

Last edited:
•••
It is not showing Nissan motors.

•••
Of course I hope so too, they have 4 years to find the login details or otherwise sort it out...

If they get hit with a new WIPO they will only have a few days to respond before a judgement is made.

•••
If they get hit with a new WIPO they will only have a few days to respond before a judgement is made.
I doubt it's going to happen. It'd end up in court again with the same issues, nothing has changed just cause he's no longer with us.

•••
Last edited:
•••
He was a human like all of us, people get attached to certain things, you might be perfect, but most of us are not.
Well said.

•••
i think i have entered on internic.net just nissan instead of nissan.com. sorry

•••
Alav ha-shalom Uzi Nissan.

This is what is scary about this pandemic. Remember when people use to mail anthrax? is it just my paranoid conspiracy theory laden mind thinking maybe Nissan sent him "mail"?

I'm not talking about mail with actual Nissan leather head or markings. Just mail that looks curious enough to make Mr. Nissan open it.

I really hate to think this but, I've read the stories in the past about Nissan.com and how they went after him. It was not pretty.

This is the perfect time to assassinate pretty much anyone and get away with it and no one will question it. Just chalk it up to Covid.

I died of Covid? I don't know. Sounds fishy to me.

(Doesn't need to be mailed to him. This virus is so insidious it can be "delivered" pretty much in any method.)

This is why I open mail with gloves and mask outside my place. if it's in a box. Bleach/water spray.

same with envelops. and then put them in a plastic bag to dry out in. I don't really care because it's probably junk.

I've Gone paperless for the most part.

mail is scary.

Unless it's important? I don't bother looking at any mail for about a week.

I know I know. mail usually takes 3-5 days so the virus is probably dead.

my concern is how the mail carriers handle or manhandle our mail from the moment it lands in my city.

I've seen how mail carriers (God Bless them) handle mail and boxes. Some they just lay on the ground and sort it out or drop it on the ground. One lady was kicking a box to the mail room. Like really?

As far as this man wasting his life fighting?

I'm reminded of every holocaust survivor. Of all Prisoners of War survivors. Would anyone dare say these people wasted their lives fighting for what they believed was right?

Is the only correct reason for fighting is winning?

I say no.

The ACT of CHOOSING TO FIGHT ..............IS WINNING.

Doesn't matter if you lose in the end.

The fact that you stood up against giants knowing you will get squashed in thee end.

That's like Leonidas and Spartacus and even Jesus Christ territory.

It's not about winning. It's about not taking crap from nobody.

Cowards die 1,000 times before their deaths but the brave may only taste of death just once.

never let anyone push you around while you are alive. You die every time you do. You feel like a loser a quitter. What that does to a person over time takes it's toll more than the hardship this man had with Nissan Motors.

Say this man gave up Nissan.com I can almost guarantee you this act would have shortened his life and make him unhealthy.

It would eat at his gut and heart for the rest of his life.

Quality of life after giving up Nissan.com?

What do you think? No sleep? not eating? ulcers? upset stomach? depression?

What choice did he really have? Might as well fight till thee end. There are many examples of stubborn people like this in history.

Many are actually called heroes.

Anyways. Rest in Peace fellow domainer. Z"L

•••
Back