IT.COM

Using Images of any Wallpaper, in a commercial projects. Is it legal?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello Everyone,
I need some Cars,Trucks and ships images for a website design project.
Now the question is Can I use Wallpapers to extract the pic and use in my website? If :

- Wallpaper is officially available on company website
- Wallpaper is downloaded from any wallpaper website
- Wallpaper is taken from image sharing site like Flickr or Webshot
Remember Wallpaper will be used after modification

Secondly, Can i use Game screenshots legally ( cars from NFS, Assaulter from CS ) to extract Car Image or charachter image?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Wallpapers are meant for personal use on your desktop. If you are using the image commercially it's most likely against their copyright. Read the sites TOS and such. You can also email them asking this question for a direct answer. Game screenshots are the same deal. If you use them in articles and such that's considered fair use. However if you use them in a logo that's another matter. Normally game companies are very relaxed about actual fan sites that aren't spammy nor contain any adult content.

•••
You need permission from the artwork designers to use the images.

For example I wanted to get some xbox 360 skins done with a Gears of War theme I was informed I need permission to use the game images.

basic trucks ect. I see no problem in using them but you might want to ask for permission.

•••
What If I click images of any car from my own camera?
Do I need permission from car manufacturer to use images of my own car?
and

What If I myself take the screenshots?

•••
vivsin said:
and

This would be fair use. However you can't use the logo of the company or the car.

•••
labrocca said:
vivsin said:
and

This would be fair use. However you can't use the logo of the company or the car.

Thank you for this advise.

•••
personally I dont see why they would object as you are advertising their vehicle

anyone got any idea on how to contact a game developer for permission to use game images? I love the game gears of war and id like to get some skins manufacturered.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back