Domain Empire

.us .us domains really heating up.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
.us domains really seem to be heating up. LLL.us are selling like crazy and Sedo just disclosed roommates.us sold for $10k.

What are your thoughts on the .us market? Have you invested in .us domains? Where do you see the future of .us domains going?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't help it, but I, just, have to interject something into this conversation. verbster, I'm certain that harpo was not making a personal attack on you. In fact, I would bet an LLL that this was not the case. One of the reasons that I can be so certain about this, is my familiarity w/ harpo's writing style, (not to mention that I know him personally, and know he would never make a personal attack of this calibre.) A better choice of words would have made the statement less ambiguous and alleviated the the dual interpretation that it presents. This was meant to be a generic comment about parent-child relationships and, although one may not necessarily agree w/ his premise, the idea could have been, better, expressed in this manner: "Children need to break the chain of demons- (the pattern of bad habits, the harmful prejudices, the antiquated and outdated elements of their belief systems, etc) that their parents have passed down to them, just as their parents had to break free of some of the baggage that had been passed down to them by there parents and, so on." "if you have one", was harpo's way of trying to relate to you and does not translate into something like "if you, *even* had one" or "I can't imagine you having one, but...".

II think that a re-read of what he goes into after the questionable statement will help clarify his meaning, if you keep this in mind.

An aside- I believe that there is still some residual poison floating around in this thread that emmanates from the large dose of negative energy that was plugged into it earlier. Regardless, of whether or not you believe in such things or would describe the phenomenom in the way that I have, my feeling is that, being aware that there may be a possible after effect- the result of the malice that this thread was infused with- was worth bringing up.

Last edited:
•••
harpo said:
Projecting??? maybe some people are old dogs that cant be taught new tricks ,
though all are not stuck in a past fixated time.....
revolution is the hand >>>>>>>>>>>>>> and our youth in the universities and tech field are at the forfront and different { Thanks goodness than most adults },,,
they are deveolping .us names and alternate ext... and its only time that many of the greatest thinkers who graduate will embrace new ideas of different ext like .us ....
I bet your child if you have one does not want to grow up like you.....
they want something different not tied to pessimistic imprinted mem cells habitually typing .com .com .com .com like a bird thats taught by its human master, who cages its freedom and clips its wings, to only do stupid trick like ride a bike or talk a few words........

No no no the youth will rise up against such nosense of imprinted outdated
.com ideas. I have faith in the changing of the tides in humanity just as i know the sun will rise again.

If it wasnt for the rotation of the young minds into this world , and every one just stayed old and didnt die, i would eccept your stand.........

Finally~

I have been waiting for someone to mention the youth. The young members that are the future of this business. They do not rely on the com to earn. They see the value in other extentions and embrace them, making tidy profits as well.

As these younger members age and grow, this industry, and common thought will grow with them, bringing along new values and concepts, and most of all, vision.
Vision to see past the com. Non static, non dinosaur brains that can remember more than what was, is.

Type in dont rule the world no mo. Its SE's baby, and SE could care less what the ext is.

Peace,
Cyberian

EDIT: I stayed out of this till now for the good of the thread. I will say I put on my kevlar and strapped on my flame thrower with both tanks full more than once, but sanity took over and I decided to just watch, and learn.
Thanks to the Mods (grrilla and FL -db-) for getting this back on track.

Last edited:
•••
"Hey! Teacher!.... Leave those kids alone!" :hehe:

•••
Lasher said:
I believe in the .US extension. Historically, .COM is going has been associated with the USA and as the internet becomes more global that is shifting. The US is a patriotic country and as folks see other ccTLDs take off .US will be accepted as a mainstream domain in the world's largest economy.

Another trend that I think will help to push this is .COM names being used by non-USA companies. There are many situations when looking for services and products that your own ccTLD makes more sense than .COM for an end user site. If I'm looking for, say, a daycare for my daughter than I'm going to have no problem looking at DayCares.US instead of/in addition to .COM. The real issue right now is awareness of the extension with regular internet users, but some pretty high profile companies have started to advertize .US sites for their products recently, so I see this shifting.

Of course, I have a vested interest, .US is my favorite ccTLD...

Wait, my bad, what I really meant was "The .US ccTLD sucks dude, Americans will have no interest in anything .US related as they are so globally aware and engaged in world affairs that they'd much rather see the wider .COM. As a service to NamePros members only I will take one word generic .US domains off your hands cheap right now so that you don't get burned by the inevitable implosion in the value of .US domains."

I had to bumb this quote so more peeps would see. Well said "Lasher"
Your first line says it all. "I believe it the .us extension"

omho
namenut / teamUSA.us

Last edited:
•••
a 30k .us sale being reported next weeks www.dnjournal.US is a foreign company Buyer,

american companies for time being don't see the importance of .us beacause their not used to cctlds like all other parts of the world ,for All other parts of the world country codes are foreign companies first pick depending on which country their looking to target....eventually american companies will catch on :)

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Finally~

I have been waiting for someone to mention the youth. The young members that are the future of this business. They do not rely on the com to earn. They see the value in other extentions and embrace them, making tidy profits as well.

As these younger members age and grow, this industry, and common thought will grow with them, bringing along new values and concepts, and most of all, vision.
Vision to see past the com. Non static, non dinosaur brains that can remember more than what was, is.

Type in dont rule the world no mo. Its SE's baby, and SE could care less what the ext is.

Peace,
Cyberian

EDIT: I stayed out of this till now for the good of the thread. I will say I put on my kevlar and strapped on my flame thrower with both tanks full more than once, but sanity took over and I decided to just watch, and learn.
Thanks to the Mods (grrilla and FL -db-) for getting this back on track.

And for these reasons none of us can be arrogant and live in the past, the younger members may well invent ways to avoid using domains altogether !!! D-:

•••
zouzas said:
...eventually american companies will catch on :)
Absolutely. And being ahead of the pack is what successful speculation is about ... be it real estate, stocks, domains, any eventual trend.

•••
Wow Carlton, and the more people develop sites like yours on these extensions the more respect they will get. Nice work!

•••
•••
I will mention I sold a 3 word dot US name for $1000.00 this year, if thats any indication of the ext heating up... :kickass:

I wont mention the name as per buyers req, but I assure you, this was a real sale.

•••
Models.us just sold for $30k, so I think the .us is HOT!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back